R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-25-2006, 06:25 AM   #13891
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hayward, CA
Posts: 1,310
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Is there a company that makes front aluminum diff halves for the 415-MSX?

I already have the yokomo diff but....

Any word when TAMIYA will release the front(aluminum?)diff halves?

I like driving with a spool but diffs are nice to have for some tracks.
JoeyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 06:48 AM   #13892
Tech Addict
 
29TC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: anywhere with an rc track!
Posts: 608
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to 29TC
Default

Precision RC has a heavy duty front ball diff kit for the MSX. Its a combination of Yokomo Harden Steel Outdirves and tamiya Diff pulley.
29TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 01:22 PM   #13893
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyE
Is there a company that makes front aluminum diff halves for the 415-MSX?

I already have the yokomo diff but....

Any word when TAMIYA will release the front(aluminum?)diff halves?

I like driving with a spool but diffs are nice to have for some tracks.
I mentioned Tamiya will be releasing a aluminum diff joint for the front a few pages back..
trf_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 07:05 PM   #13894
Tech Rookie
 
Filip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Sweden, Gothenburg
Posts: 10
Send a message via MSN to Filip
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyE
Hey peeps, I just bought a couple of these on ebay. Thought you might be interested if you need one or if you've seen it already, then good for you.

ebay item #6052686431

I ordered a MSX yesterday (Yippy!) from Precison-rc but I could find a front spool to buy…
I have herd that the original plastic spool from Tamiya breaks easily.

I know that the MSX have a front “one-way” diff with the package. Do I have to buy a front spool or dose one also come in the package?

Is there any online shops that sell front spools for msx? Is it best to buy a aluminium front spool? (I have looked at the one that JoeyE has on Ebay).

I bought my Tamiya MSX from Precision-rc, but they didn’t have many parts, can anyone recommend any good online shops that sells parts for the msx (this is probably a common question, but the topic is veeeeery long).
Filip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 07:13 PM   #13895
Tech Master
 
tamiyarcracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 1,633
Send a message via Yahoo to tamiyarcracer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filip
I ordered a MSX yesterday (Yippy!) from Precison-rc but I could find a front spool to buy…
I have herd that the original plastic spool from Tamiya breaks easily.

I know that the MSX have a front “one-way” diff with the package. Do I have to buy a front spool or dose one also come in the package?

Is there any online shops that sell front spools for msx? Is it best to buy a aluminium front spool? (I have looked at the one that JoeyE has on Ebay).

I bought my Tamiya MSX from Precision-rc, but they didn’t have many parts, can anyone recommend any good online shops that sells parts for the msx (this is probably a common question, but the topic is veeeeery long).
Tamiya makes a spool, it has delrin outdrives. the TA05 spool has steel outdrives.
I would suggest getting the tamiya unit for the 415, and the unit for the TA05. That way you get the delrin outdrives for a big race, and a set of steel outdrives for the standard races and standard use.
tamiyarcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 07:16 PM   #13896
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Moving all of the time.......
Posts: 275
Default

Speedtechrc.com has Tamiya parts.
Baudler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 08:45 PM   #13897
Tech Elite
 
A Ilievski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: A.C.T (Australia)
Posts: 2,652
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

whats precion rc's web site. I need to purchase the 415msx ball diff.
__________________
Alex Ilievski
*INFINITY * R1 WURKS * PLAIG BEARINGS* SPEEDY RC
A Ilievski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 10:23 PM   #13898
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hayward, CA
Posts: 1,310
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid TT-01
whats precion rc's web site. I need to purchase the 415msx ball diff.

http://www.precisionrc.com/nv/car/pr...oduct_id=27603
JoeyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 10:25 PM   #13899
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hayward, CA
Posts: 1,310
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filip

Is there any online shops that sell front spools for msx? Is it best to buy a aluminium front spool? (I have looked at the one that JoeyE has on Ebay).
I wasn't selling on. I was just refering to one on ebay.
JoeyE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 04:11 PM   #13900
Tech Elite
 
JayL's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ca
Posts: 2,880
Default

tryhard or anyone with msx and tamiya delrin spool:

If I am holding my car in the air or have it on the stand and give it some throttle then turn left or right past 50% it starts vibrating real bad. No matter how little or much throllte
Is that chatter ?
I have looked everywhere to check clearance and nothing hits that I can find...
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 04:32 PM   #13901
Tech Master
 
TRF415boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,857
Default

yes and there's nothing you can do about it.
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 05:16 PM   #13902
Tech Elite
 
JayL's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ca
Posts: 2,880
Default

that's cool , as long as I know what it is..
thanks
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 05:18 PM   #13903
Tech Elite
 
2-Bad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,725
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayL
tryhard or anyone with msx and tamiya delrin spool:

If I am holding my car in the air or have it on the stand and give it some throttle then turn left or right past 50% it starts vibrating real bad. No matter how little or much throllte
Is that chatter ?
I have looked everywhere to check clearance and nothing hits that I can find...
I think all cars do it to some degree, except for the JRX-S. Losi have produced a “double knuckle” front CVD to eliminate this vibration, and it works very well. The only side effect from this is that there is another ‘joint’ in the driveline that can produce slop. But I can live with that if it’s getting rid of this vibration .
__________________
Yokomo * G Force * Sanwa * SMC * ProSpec
2-Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 05:54 PM   #13904
Tech Regular
 
stuey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 393
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

stick a set of TIR cvds on and TIR spool pretty much gets rid of the chatter and they are much lighter.
stuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 05:58 PM   #13905
Tech Regular
 
stuey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 393
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

check TIR'S website out titaniumracing.co.uk for cvds spools screws layshafts etc.
stuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TAMIYA TRF415 Xray XB8 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 32 04-04-2008 08:50 PM
Tamiya TRF415 Crashmaster R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 19 12-13-2006 04:48 PM
Tamiya TRF415 MS NIB koabich R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 8 11-11-2005 07:28 AM
F/S Tamiya TRF415 rraden R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 20 06-10-2005 09:02 PM
Tamiya Evo IV or TRF415 TheDevil Electric On-Road 23 10-15-2004 07:27 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:48 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net