Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2004, 06:44 AM
Tech Master

I use the one made by Atlas. It is really nothing special. Just adhesive thick vinyl. It can easily be done with a circle cutter. It works great so far. I will post the measurements if someone's interested.
Old 12-31-2004, 06:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

o wondered what they were.. knew it couldnt be much. i have been toying around with testing some of the Xray covers.

ill get my Xray back in a couple weeks (on loan to a buddy running at the Novak race!), and see if they adapt.

they have the nicest system to keep the diffs clean!
Old 12-31-2004, 08:01 AM
Tech Adept

hey fourty6. Have you got those measurements for the diff covers?, id like to make some as rebuilding my diff every few runs is begining to get anoying. Cheers Phil C.
Old 12-31-2004, 08:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by Arun
I put the shield on both my front and rear diffs. The plastic that I used is the "plastruct" stuff that you can find in hobby stores, and I used shoe-goo to glue them to the outdrives.

We considered the 414 blocks at first, but, as far as we knew, they did not make an A bridge. I never had a 414, so correct me if I'm wrong.
Fair enough
I haven't run the 414 blocks either, So I don't know if they wokr or not, just going on what I read herre. I might have to get a set and give them a try.....
Regards
Ed
Old 12-31-2004, 08:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Neil Rabara
Rod, did you use shims to keep the diff/front one way from moving laterally? I notice there is alot of slop side to side.
Neil, I don't use shims on the 10x15 parts. I let them find their own centers hehe.

Randy, I think Neil would have a tough time making it over to socal since he's now located in Texas

Difuser, whatever you do, don't bring rain with you when you come to "sunny" California...It's been raining off and on for the past week I look forward to running with ya. Bring some 7-8 Turns and a 19Turn in case we all wuss out, since traction may be an issue because of said rain.

I hope you all have a very Happy New Year's celebration and be safe! Approximately t-minus 12 hours til brain cell oblideration
Old 12-31-2004, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Try this: best thing that I've found to reduce the number of times you have to rebuild your diff is to keep a small compressor with you or a can of compressed air at the track. Just blow off the fuzz after each run. If you allow the fuzz to accumlate it gets worse.

I was never convinced that dust covers really work. Kind of like dust sheild on ball bearings. For some reason dirt always seems to find a way into the bearings and gets trapped. I would think te smae would happen on diff covers?

If you diff feels gritty, try relubing the small thrust balls first.

Ran, my 415 last night, switching to Parma Cyan/Maganta's vs. Plaid/Purple. The only change I made. Both set-ups yield almost the same fastest lap, but the Cyan/Magenta set-up was a lot more consistant.

Then switch springs from Tamiya Purple/Gray to ASC Purple/Copper with the Cyan/Magenta. Still had plenty of steering, but the car was not as twitchy. Makes sense as the stiff springs helped smooth out the car. Everythig else was basically stock set-up from the instruction books.

Except for:
front A block
Low friction belts
Old 12-31-2004, 08:31 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by rtypec
Neil, I don't use shims on the 10x15 parts. I let them find their own centers hehe.

Randy, I think Neil would have a tough time making it over to socal since he's now located in Texas

Difuser, whatever you do, don't bring rain with you when you come to "sunny" California...It's been raining off and on for the past week I look forward to running with ya. Bring some 7-8 Turns and a 19Turn in case we all wuss out, since traction may be an issue because of said rain.

I hope you all have a very Happy New Year's celebration and be safe! Approximately t-minus 12 hours til brain cell oblideration
Whoa, when did the move to Texas happen Neil?

How bout you Rodzilla, got it in ya to bring out the low turn motor to SoCal next Tuesday?
Old 12-31-2004, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Last nights race

camber front -2
camber rear -2
front blocks A/A
Ass. purple
yellow sway
evo 4 king pin
belt tensioner removed
diff in the front
center layshaft
rear toe-in 1.5
sway bar blue
rear blocks A/B
Ass. copper
speedmind 45 front
speedmind 36 rear
everything else is stock
Old 12-31-2004, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Carl Giordano
Try this: best thing that I've found to reduce the number of times you have to rebuild your diff is to keep a small compressor with you or a can of compressed air at the track. Just blow off the fuzz after each run. If you allow the fuzz to accumlate it gets worse.

I was never convinced that dust covers really work. Kind of like dust sheild on ball bearings. For some reason dirt always seems to find a way into the bearings and gets trapped. I would think te smae would happen on diff covers?

If you diff feels gritty, try relubing the small thrust balls first.

Ran, my 415 last night, switching to Parma Cyan/Maganta's vs. Plaid/Purple. The only change I made. Both set-ups yield almost the same fastest lap, but the Cyan/Magenta set-up was a lot more consistant.

Then switch springs from Tamiya Purple/Gray to ASC Purple/Copper with the Cyan/Magenta. Still had plenty of steering, but the car was not as twitchy. Makes sense as the stiff springs helped smooth out the car. Everythig else was basically stock set-up from the instruction books.

Except for:
front A block
Low friction belts
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF415-dsc00425.jpg  
Old 12-31-2004, 09:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default last nights race

broke, broke, and broke again. Oh well, damn that corner!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-31-2004, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Last nights race

Originally posted by dawgmeat
camber front -2
camber rear -2
front blocks A/A
Ass. purple
yellow sway
evo 4 king pin
belt tensioner removed
diff in the front
center layshaft
rear toe-in 1.5
sway bar blue
rear blocks A/B
Ass. copper
speedmind 45 front
speedmind 36 rear
everything else is stock
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF415-dsc00414.jpg  
Old 12-31-2004, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Last nights race

Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF415-dsc00413.jpg  
Old 12-31-2004, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Last nights race

I'm up loading last nights race stay tuned
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF415-dsc00415.jpg  
Old 12-31-2004, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

keep the photos coming Dawg. For those of you outside the NY area, that's Chris R. the Region 1 Director.

Our local track has a small grill on site. They actually name a sandwich after Chris. Its called the "Raffaelli". Its really good. Chris used to weight in around 150, see what racing at a track with food will do to ya.
Old 12-31-2004, 09:05 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default Re: last nights race

Originally posted by Raul Garcia
broke, broke, and broke again. Oh well, damn that corner!!!!!!!!!!
The goal is to go around the pipe, not into it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.