Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2004, 02:49 PM
Tech Adept

Itīs David Junīs rear suspension...on his EVO4..., new development...and Dave was on top on first heats... and he is still infront of Baker and Pavidis ^^
Old 11-07-2004, 02:49 PM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Ready for action!

Originally posted by markp27
Winter is drawing in and my Nitro season is over, so my attention has been turned back to my TRF-415 which I bought a couple of months ago.
After finding the build process a little more fiddly than I liked (I built the 415 straight after the Xray T1 FK, which went together like a dream!), my opinion of the 415 has gone back up.
I'm very impressed with the weight distribtion of the chassis - I found with my setup, front and back + left and right are perfectly balanced. I had expected the weight of the battery pack to mean that the car would be heavier on that side, but to my surprise left and right are equal.
Hi Mark
So youīre back on the electric racing again.
Will be interesting your comparison Xray vs. 415.
Old 11-07-2004, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by ngo8
what kind of arms are these?
Ohh...the cat's out of the bag on that one It is "something". And the way David had it setup, you can run a super soft rear spring. I was fortunate enough to drive it for a few laps about a month or so ago and it feels very good. The parts are prototypes made from something other than plastic/resin/composites
Old 11-07-2004, 03:04 PM
Tech Adept

Hey Rod, i told you that i saw some pics
Old 11-07-2004, 03:06 PM
V12
Tech Elite

Originally posted by TRF_SPAIN
Hey V12, how was the race in Zillsheim
Well i think that in carpet race is a lot better to use the old suspension...since a little hit with a board could make you loose the race..., and for all of us "normal" drivers could be a lot more interesting than 0.003 tenths of a second
The drivers attending was a little different to the previous years as some drivers were missed because the worlds were just one week ago. So some drivers maybe didnīt want travelling again a lot just one week later. But again there were the same amount of drivers and I think racing was as close and interesting as always.
As I said Marc TQed and won again and this was on his 18th birthday. I will posting some pictures later Iīm just too tired now and I have to leave for work tomorrow early in the morning.

Just want to say Marc will have his own Team Orion motor now. So a Marc Rheinard Worlds Edition V2. Oscar had one with him and yes was in the winnng car.

About all of the 415 cars were using the old suspension. I just saw Steen Graversen with the new suspension on his 415.

Regarding a TRF 415 Marc Rheinard Edition this wonīt be happen from what I heard. Releasing takes some time and the 415 MS is soon to be released already. Marc said even Surikarn had to wait one year until the EVO3 Surikarn Edition was released.
Old 11-07-2004, 03:08 PM
Tech Regular

Guys,

These are supposed to be impact resistent arms wich are molded that way to bend and then regain their original form.
Saw them on a site (i think it was a Japanese site) somewhere, but for the life of me, i can't remember where. It might even have been in the Japanese RCmagazine of november.
They're made by an aftermarket company in Japan. Tamiya is thinking of releasing them as a Tamiya part.
Old 11-07-2004, 03:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by rtypec
The parts are prototypes made from something other than plastic/resin/composites
Umm Derlin
-Dave
Old 11-07-2004, 03:28 PM
Tech Master

yeah they look like delrin like the corally arms look a little similar
Old 11-07-2004, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Hardriven RC
Guys,

These are supposed to be impact resistent arms wich are molded that way to bend and then regain their original form.
Saw them on a site (i think it was a Japanese site) somewhere, but for the life of me, i can't remember where. It might even have been in the Japanese RCmagazine of november.
They're made by an aftermarket company in Japan. Tamiya is thinking of releasing them as a Tamiya part.
Did you see how narrow the chassis was cut as well?
Old 11-07-2004, 04:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hmm interesting the shockers are hung off the rear hubs. Rick
Old 11-07-2004, 04:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (98%+)

did you guys notice the "clear" blue upper diff cases as well as the lower rear arms were made from aluminum????

preety sweet sh_it!!!!!
Old 11-07-2004, 11:00 PM
Tech Regular

anyone know if there are any shops in US that might have the center locked pulley IN STOCK? That will do mail order? Checked everywhere, speedtechrc, horizon, GP, and no one seems to have one.
Old 11-07-2004, 11:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Hardriven RC
Guys,

These arms are made from aluminum, designed by David Jun as he told me at the worlds. He will design soon the same type of arm for the front.
Old 11-08-2004, 03:29 AM
Tech Champion

Anyone being having probs getting droop when using lw suspension? I ran middle hole one 3 hole side and was only able to get about 9mm total downtravel. I am not a fan of unscrewing the shock ends too much.

I think the rear shocktower is too far in for the lw suspension... mayb the MS will have it a little wider.
Old 11-08-2004, 05:36 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by Dragonfire
Anyone being having probs getting droop when using lw suspension? I ran middle hole one 3 hole side and was only able to get about 9mm total downtravel. I am not a fan of unscrewing the shock ends too much.

I think the rear shocktower is too far in for the lw suspension... mayb the MS will have it a little wider.
I did have problems but if you have a close look at the shock towers on the evoIV they all go away (At least the evo IV is good for something). I guess the MS will come with these shock towers std.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.