Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 06:26 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Evo_Uk
V12 you couldnt do me a big favour. Ask Rhienard about his Euros Wet setup as i need a bit of a starting point becasue i belive i got LOTS of rain to prepare myself for this winter.
thanks buddy
Thatīs a problem. Marc said to me he usually donīt write down his setups. If no other driver writes down the setup is lost. Beside this from what I have heard this setup was very special for this track and doesnīt work at any other track. I also have heard Marc and the other guys gave up on that setup later, maybe it wasnīt perfect. I know he used antidive at the Euroīs practice and gave up on this.
But you could go to the Report from the German Nationals some weeks ago and there were a lot of informations on setup used at that track. As we had rain for some of the runs I think itīs worth a try for you also. Maybe you have to reduce steering as we needed there a lot because of the track. But in very wet conditions you need a lot of steering usually. There are two points which need to be changed maybe. One is rollbars as we used no rollbar front and blue in the rear. This is not working usually maybe you should try a yellow for the rear or no rollbar at all, thatīs what Marc is running on most tracks. The other thing is the springs as we used harder springs in the rear than in the front. You should try different springs as you have to adjust to the track but usually itīs a good idea running softer springs in the front when wet.
Hope this helps a little.
Old 10-01-2004, 06:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

yea, without the shims, it does move side to side a teeny bit more... i used maybe .1 mm on each side. you can get by with that on a belt car, tho.

the Evo drives do work like Dave said, but there is quite a bit more side play. i had to use those at the Memphis TCS, after my buddy burned up his diff. nobody had any spares there, either! just have to use the single-flat rings, like the Evo's III/IV or F201 with the lite drives.
Old 10-01-2004, 06:52 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Originally posted by KilRuf
Yes, I think Rheinard has a good chance at the Worlds and would love to see him win it. But I also wouldn't mind seeing the new TC4 and Barry Baker win it as well. He's long over due. They need a World Title under their belt with a car (TC3) that has done soo well over the past several years. But then again, I'd like for Tamiya to win again just to show everyone that it wasn't a fluke last time. So I don't really have a top pick. Mine is a top 4 pick for the Worlds... Mark, Barry, Masami, or Hara.
Yes I also would love Marc winning the worlds and I think he really should be able for a Top 3 place. But I think it depends on the track conditions as he just had one race on US-tracks until now which was the Reedy race. From what I have heard the tracks are very different from the European tracks and you wonīt see sugarwater or anything like that on our tracks.
On the other side Marc had a very good result at the Reedy race despite the fact he donīt like spools. As the worlds will allow oneways this is much better for him. We will see.

From the other drivers I would pick Hara for sure and Masami. Hara as he is as fast as Marc and regarding Masami I think he always have a chance to win. Next would be Surikarn and Maezumi as both can be superfast also and not to forget David Spashett. I think since he switched from Trinity to Peak heīs fast again and the new Losi will help him also.
From the US-drivers Iīm really not sure on Barry. Sometimes heīs superfast and sometimes heīs driving just too aggressive and makes a fault then. But I have seen Ralph Burch one time last year and he really impressed me. I think he will have a good chance as Josh Cyril for the A-Main. Same for Paul Lemieux I hope he does well also.
Old 10-01-2004, 08:18 AM
Tech Regular

cheers V12.

Well guys. yeh id love rhienard to kick ass but i personally would love to see

SURIKARN win again. It seems no1 wants to see him win? i feel sorry for the guy, so much hard work to win and everyone says he got lucky , a 1 off and so on. I think Hara HAS been kicking major ass this year but it alot of cases surikarns been there too beat him.
My favourite underdogs to win, Mazumi and Kazou.

I would love to see some1 british up there also, spash & Dresh , also Andy Moore and Cosgrove i hope they kick some ass.

Thanks
Old 10-01-2004, 08:58 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Hmm, I want seeing some people doing well but the problem is only one can win.
Before the Euros I said I hope Marc Rheinard will win but if he canīt do it then Jonas Kaerup should win. What happenend?
Jonas Kaerup did win and Marc Rheinard was 2nd place.
So what should I say now?
Beside this I think everyone being in the A-Main at the Worlds has proved to be a winner.
Maybe another driver whoīs able for the A-Main is Temmu Leino but Iīm not sure if his change to Trinity was a good idea.
Overall my pick for the top 4 guys would be now Rheinard, Surikarn, Masami and Spashett.
Old 10-01-2004, 09:16 AM
Tech Addict

Default TB EVO3 Diff Swap

Thanks to the replies re my question of the EVO3 outdrives swap.

Just wondering, is it really worth switching over or do the stock black outdrives that come w/ the kit relaible & durable than the white EVO3 outdrives? The reason is they're designed the same way & the only thing I think that would make the difference is the color of the other outdrives & stronger material (?).

Also Tamiya never came out with the hop-up version of the stock outdrives. Was it because the stock one's held up very well or Tamiya didn't see the need to make one.

Anybody's two cents will be appreciated.

Thanks again.
Old 10-01-2004, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

JR from the E3 I preferred the black outdrives they did not groove out as quick and the diff was more consistant.

With the white outdrives it seemed that you were replacing not only due to wear, but if they held up the internal pin deformed over time and bottomed out giving no tension on the diff balls
Old 10-01-2004, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Only reason I didn't pick Surikarn was his luck with US tracks. He finally did good this year at the Reedy Race, but other than that.. not so much luck. If he gets to the track early and makes good use of practice, he'll be in there.

I'm with Mark on spools. I hate them. I much prefer the oneways over anything. Only car I had that drove awesome with a spool was the TC3. Basically, if the track is too slick for a oneway.. I'm screwed!! Unless if I have a diff... which the 415 does not! (unless if you make one.....)
Old 10-01-2004, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Oops, sorry about the wrong info on the diff. I didn't know they could work.

Surikarn might have a better chance this time. I think he is running the 1/12 car for Corally on the same track right before the TC races so he will get plenty of practice. But so is Hara.
Old 10-02-2004, 07:29 AM
Tech Adept

hmm.. not sure if this is the car u guys are talkin about, but here's a picture of the TRF415MS
link is here: http://www.tamiya.com/japan/hobbysho...0410/news2.htm
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF415-trf415ms.jpg  
Old 10-02-2004, 07:30 AM
Tech Adept

i meant, not sure if this is the new tamiya you guys talkin about, but here sure is a new TRF!
Old 10-02-2004, 08:57 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Just got a picture from the 415 aluminium front diff made by Jürgen. Itīs using some custom made teflon blades for reducing wear. But also the Corally blades will fit.
He makes a rear aluminium diff now also. I hope getting both in the next days. As soon as I get mine I will post some better pictures than this.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TRF415-415-front-diff-blades.jpg  
Old 10-02-2004, 08:57 AM
Tech Adept

Has anyone actually realised that MS stands for Maezumi Satochi? It is a 415maezumi edition, not medal special.
Old 10-02-2004, 09:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by V12
Just got a picture from the 415 aluminium front diff made by Jürgen. Itīs using some custom made teflon blades for reducing wear. But also the Corally blades will fit.
He makes a rear aluminium diff now also. I hope getting both in the next days. As soon as I get mine I will post some better pictures than this.
how much is it?
Old 10-02-2004, 10:11 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Originally posted by forty6
how much is it?
Iīm sorry I donīt know as I donīt have mine yet and shipping costs are higher for international orders. But I can give you the emailaddress from the guy who makes them. Just send me a PM if youīre interested.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.