Search

BMI at the Snowbirds

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 07:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Cool 1/12 scale

Joe, I mailed Jason my 1/12 scale car as of 11/3/03 so he should have it as
of 11/04/03. For the sale need to see product.
Old 11-06-2003, 03:39 AM
Tech Initiate

TTT
Old 11-06-2003, 11:33 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks Johnny , im sure you have read that the deal has changed a little , I will get you info as well as samples of the new Speedline products real soon , we should have some ready by early next week .
Old 11-06-2003, 04:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Hope you have another set aside for me..
Old 11-06-2003, 05:57 PM
Tech Regular

Pat , after all the hassles , i have decided to work on my own TC3 chassis . I have mentioned a bunch of other ideas on here , but i will wait till i am further along before i begin to give out details . But the TC3 oval kit will still happen as well as the L4 chassis kit , and the 12 sclale chassis , and the Xray parts .
Old 11-07-2003, 06:31 AM
Tech Regular

Just to set the record straight , Speedlinehobbies will have nothing to do with BMI . I have been in this hobby/business a long time , a have a respectable reputation in it . I always aprroached it with the idea , that if i did what is best for the hobby , then i did what is best for me in the long run . Those that know me can atest to this , but i will not promote anyone who will step on anyone to get somewhere . I wont be on here bashing anyone , just want to be clear the my name does not get drug into something !
Old 11-08-2003, 04:47 PM
Tech Adept

TTT
Old 11-08-2003, 04:58 PM
Tech Adept

speedline............Good Thinking...............on the other bmi thread another post someone said..........looks like this isnt going anywhere.........this is my opinion too........car looks like an
IRS car anyway............
Old 11-08-2003, 05:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Harley, I just cancelled my order for 1 chassis after watching 2 drive shafts in two seperate cars in one day get cut in half. The batteries came loose and slid sideways. They still have a long way to go on this project and I don't want to be a product tester. When they get it right, that might be a differant story!
Old 11-09-2003, 05:02 AM
Tech Adept

Harley,
Personally, anyone can have any opinion on any car, but to say it looks like an IRS, is not truthful. Below is the truth on the IRS and BMI cars.

Here is the $179.95 IRS car:

Here is the $47.99 chassis stiffening kit that you need for it too:

And here is the $119.99 BMI Car that needs no other stiffener or parts:
Old 11-09-2003, 06:39 AM
Tech Adept

I am very interested in this chassis and have seen it in person and was very impressed, but regarding the broken shafts and the batteries slidding is it possible it was user error. I live on the west coast, so I have never met this guy, but I am just looking for some kind of explanation as to why this may have happened.

Eric
Old 11-09-2003, 06:52 AM
Tech Adept

You'd need to talk to Jason from BMI for an exact description of the changes made to all cars after the prototype , but as far as the battery issue, I know that the battery slot chamfer was changed to alleviate any possibility of the cells shifting. I know that portion of the chassis was re-engineered and any problems solved.

As far as the shafts breaking or bending, I cannot comment as I personally have seen two or three BMI cars run, and make contact with other cars and have not seen anything like this. There was 3 BMI cars running (2 of which either won their mains and/or qualifiers) last night at the track I was at and nothing like that happened.

Email Jason Breiner of BMI at [email protected], he can give you more details.

I just ordered 2 cars myself after seeing them run.