Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"REEDY RACE 2009"

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Yeah I heard that too.Kind of pointless other then getting track time not to be running the Jacos,but to each their own.Not the way I would want TQ thats for sure.Lets just say,Lex and Kevin Woods have proven to me that the Jaco's can be made to run almost as fast as the Sorex tire.Maybe a tenth or 2 off.Setup is key.Woods killed it yesterday.I know Norcal and Speedworld are 2 different surfaces,but the results should be the same.BTW,I embrace my failure.I know that even if I take a year off from racing,I can still hang and beat those who have not stopped racing for years.Didnt you get another Cyclone?
Originally Posted by STLNLST
So were a few others in the main. The TQ ran them when he set TQ. You're still a failure. You fell off the horse and haven't climbed back on yet. Maybe you should start running mini's again. Go back to your roots to find yourself..... What's there to learn?????? Come teach me grasshopper.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

whats NORCAL hours and track schedule.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:29 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Looking forward to see all the cool Norcal peeps at Reedy! Shout out to Art and Clint and the rest of the gang...It's gonna be fun! GO easy on me...i don't race as much as i used to. BTW..is there a concours? 7 days away and i need to know if i need to paint one up for show.

Thanx guys,

CB
Old 05-11-2009, 09:32 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by racenut123
Yeah I heard that too.Kind of pointless other then getting track time not to be running the Jacos,but to each their own.Not the way I would want TQ thats for sure.Lets just say,Lex and Kevin Woods have proven to me that the Jaco's can be made to run almost as fast as the Sorex tire.Maybe a tenth or 2 off.Setup is key.Woods killed it yesterday.I know Norcal and Speedworld are 2 different surfaces,but the results should be the same.BTW,I embrace my failure.I know that even if I take a year off from racing,I can still hang and beat those who have not stopped racing for years.Didnt you get another Cyclone?
The Cyclone is there but it for now the Tamiya is working very well for me. I never embrace failure....AY will never let me live it down so I deny it everytime I personally didn't feel like throwing the cash at the Jaco's for testing. We'll never run the tire on asphalt again for regular club racing so it will be a waste (IMO) so I'll just wait until the first practice day to go at it. I'm taking the poor road this year. The tracks are different because the times up here are any where from .5-.9 off of Sorex tire's. Set up will be key along with a smooth driving style (IMO) if the weather is hot. The track temp got up to 137 thins weekend. I just took this weekend as an observer on tire wear and how cars seemed to handle on reruns in the heat. I'll call you later on and tell ya my findings. I'm just looking to have fun and will admit that I'm not going at it 100% like I have in years past. But hey......I did stay at a Holiday Inn once

You would look killer with the mullet on though..........
Old 05-11-2009, 09:35 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by charlie_b
Looking forward to see all the cool Norcal peeps at Reedy! Shout out to Art and Clint and the rest of the gang...It's gonna be fun! GO easy on me...i don't race as much as i used to. BTW..is there a concours? 7 days away and i need to know if i need to paint one up for show.

Thanx guys,

CB
I'm still having nightmares of 2nd place to you in Vegas NO CONCOURS!!!!!
Old 05-11-2009, 09:36 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
I'm still having nightmares of 2nd place to you in Vegas NO CONCOURS!!!!!
HAHA you crack me up Clint. Well that's good to know...i can actually concentrate on my driving...thanx bud.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

They are open 7 days a week. Monday-Thursday 11am-7pm unless there is racing going on in the evening on Thursday.Friday 11am-9pm.Sat 8am-6pm
Sunday 8am-5pm Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by skypilot
whats NORCAL hours and track schedule.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:40 AM
Tech Champion

HAHA you crack me up Clint. Well that's good to know...i can actually concentrate on my driving...thanx bud.
I just knew I had that one in the bag until you put that one down. Even looking at that I still thought I had you beat with their rules of you had to run the winning body in the main. I never thought you'd go through with it
Old 05-11-2009, 09:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Thanx guys,

CB
CB! How's the knee?? Hope you are good for the Reedy. If you need some help let me know, I'll be happy to lend a hand. It will be good to see you again!

P.S. must have been quite a butt whoopin' you gave Clint if he's still talking about all these years later....
Old 05-11-2009, 09:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

rules.. where are the rules..............

i for one would like to know ...

how many motors and 13.5 can be tech'ed for the race

will motor Freezing be allowed?

will lipo warming be allowed?

will lipo's be voltage tested in tech?
Old 05-11-2009, 09:56 AM
Tech Master

RCGT'ers, is the Civic STI Body Legal? Our shop only has one left, and it looks pretty sweet, so if it's legal, I'm mounting that bad boy up.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Charlie
RCGT'ers, is the Civic STI Body Legal? Our shop only has one left, and it looks pretty sweet, so if it's legal, I'm mounting that bad boy up.
Is there even a such thing as a Civic STI? I'm not too much into the import scene, but every STI I've ever seen was a Subaru Impreza.

Anyway, posting a pic would seal the deal, but it sounds like it would be a legal body. The list of legal bodies is many times longer than the list of illegal bodies.

Basically, if it looks cool and isn't a purpose-built shoebox sedan racing body, odds are it's legal.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:33 AM
The Evicerator

Clint,

How can you test on the wrong tires???

Old 05-11-2009, 10:59 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Steve Weiss
Clint,

How can you test on the wrong tires???

I was testing a basic set up. I needed to have one good race before going into the Reedy. I get 8 tries at getting it right. We'll see what happens in a few weeks.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:54 AM
Tech Master

ah, thanks Reen, you're right, it's not an STI, is an "SI"...> my bad. It's an HPI body though, I think it's super old and Discontinued. I'm bringing it, if it's not legal I'll mount up what ever they give me..... You know about the rims?? Is there one specific set we have to use? I want to get a set of practice tires and don't want to donkey up and get the wrong ones.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.