R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Tamiya TB-Evolution II (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/2656-tamiya-tb-evolution-ii.html)

Dragon 05-18-2002 09:43 AM

the lower arms of the Evo I and II are perfectally the same.......

not sure about that tbo1 thou....

x414x 05-18-2002 01:21 PM

Thank you Dragon. Now all i need to do is findout if the Ta04 uprights and knuckles fit. I ask because, I have many Ta04 parts around and, I want to use them on my TB.

http://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/rci...img/50869.jpeg
http://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/rci...img/50870.jpeg

IceBerG71 05-19-2002 02:43 AM

anyone knew it is easy to get replacements parts for TB Evo2 once they are worn out or broken, example the steering arms etc?? i know it is limited edition, so dun know if replacements is easy to get. thinking of getting either a Evo2 or TRF414M.

another question is the Evo2 never come with alumnium steering arm?? can those use on TB01 use on evo2??

I think the material for long suspension arm is the same as Evo1. not sure if the same as evo2.

Alvin 05-19-2002 02:56 AM

Dude, Alum parts do not break, rather they bend, and are heavier...

Dragon 05-19-2002 07:47 AM

Originally posted by IceBerG71
another question is the Evo2 never come with alumnium steering arm?? can those use on TB01 use on evo2??

if u look a few posts back, i found a pic showing a alu steering for the evo2 yet to be released....

Yo X414X, y dont u try the c hubs and knuckles on for size, and let us know for sure if they fit :D....some claim they do and some say they dont.....

x414x 05-19-2002 11:50 AM

I'll tell you if the parts fit in about 2 weeks. Gotta send payment for the arms to Hiro.

IceBerG71 05-19-2002 07:23 PM

Originally posted by Aluma

I do recommend y'all keep an eye on your front hub step screws! they loosen sometimes and if you hit something break the plastic hub. Its happend in my TL01 and my EVO2. (I put thread lock or glue inthere before i screw them in)

the glue that u put in, can use UHU glue??? Or must use that specfic glue that u mentioned?? i also have this problem with the front King pin, they always fall off during race then can't find it back later....

Alvin 05-19-2002 08:10 PM

IceBerG71: you might want to use Devcon's Plastic Steel, i think Speedo recommended it once. Works good! Also, whilst I drove my 01 I would use a piece of glass tape below to hold onto the kingpin...

AO 05-19-2002 08:12 PM

Does anyone know how to increase the rear toe in for this car.......

My car's rear keeps on throwing out.

Alvin 05-19-2002 08:16 PM

AO: Maybe try allow rear suspension arm to droop more? Is it on power loose or off power loose?

IceBerG71 05-19-2002 10:42 PM

The " Devcon's Plastic Steel" can be obtained from hardware store or from hobby shop??

Thanx alvin for the advice again.

Alvin 05-20-2002 04:25 AM

The " Devcon's Plastic Steel" can be obtained from hardware store or from hobby shop??

Thanx alvin for the advice again.

Hardware store, most should carry 'em...

IceBerG71 05-20-2002 09:10 PM

Thanx alvin, next time i will search around for it.

going IA next module?

as what kk has said, we live too far off from yuan chin, so is hard for us to go down to play, beside he returning army and i will be working part time....so............

see u in the next race....

Alvin 05-20-2002 09:11 PM

What about the race this Sunday @ CCK?

IceBerG71 05-20-2002 09:34 PM

alvin:

Currently we only race in Tamiya series as open race are very competitive. bben there once....got X-ray to fight....hard for us. that was when both of us still using Tb01. now kk use, TA04R, maybe different but nvr heard him going......

maybe next time.
sad to say we are not in any points from the tamiya race...so quite demoralizing.

all the best to U in the race.

:tire:

Alvin 05-20-2002 09:47 PM

Xray? If you are talking about the Xray T1.... Let's say I'd be more concerned about ppl using the same car as the current World Champ ;-) Besides in real life it comes down to driver. Chassis less important.

You guys don't have track there right? I used to go to the top of multi story carparks (Zoom upstairs used to have tires and stuff for markers) setup a kind track and run there. Fun!

Don't be demoralized - everyone starts out the same. See you 9th June then.

~Alvin

IceBerG71 05-20-2002 10:26 PM

u know sam, he is a good driver with lots of supporter...always finish top 3 with his X-ray....his buddies or team drives well too..... no chance for us at all.

we played mostly at car parks too but tire wear very fast cos very rough but grip excellent. we played indoor before but very dusty.

sometimes we played at basketball court. if another fren of us who drive want to play RC, we may go down to yuan chin or Marina Bay....at least there is proper track but have to squueze with those GP cars.

maybe u will see me on 8 June, testing the car there, not really testing but playing as i will be working part time to earn cash for race fees.....hee hee:

Aluma 05-22-2002 11:57 AM

i used a thick CA type glue...like for the tires. it hasnt budged since then....and i even unscrewed it to test fit the aluminum TA04 hubs from integy.... they sort of fit, but i need to get a smaller inner bearing and change the lengths of the tierods. since i dont have a setup tool, i have to wait to do that.

the carriers are only the TGX. hub can be ta04.

superk 05-25-2002 08:19 PM

Help on gear!

Guys! I run EVO II .!! yha..!! Any how..>I need some help on gearing ?? I run 10X2 motor what gear should I run? and if I run 12x2 what gear? Any one have any gear charts?

Thanks

JohnA 05-26-2002 01:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
10T I'd start at about 8-1 and see how you go, 12T maybe start at 7-1.

superk 05-26-2002 10:27 PM

Problem with the rear out drive!! it have a nick on it and it giving me problems!! The tran is really bad what can I do? where can I go get parts? any fix?? I also have a glitch!! I hope it came from the dogbones and the out drive!!??

Please help with the fix.

Geetoo 05-27-2002 10:15 AM

Originally posted by superk
Problem with the rear out drive!! it have a nick on it and it giving me problems!! The tran is really bad what can I do? where can I go get parts? any fix?? I also have a glitch!! I hope it came from the dogbones and the out drive!!??

Please help with the fix.

Use the smallest o-ring on your outdrives to lessen dogbone movement. What transmitter are you using?

superk 05-27-2002 01:21 PM

I use the JR R1 with Novak XX TRA ....no problem on my TC3 I tested it I also swithc the receiver to 2 othre ones ..and it still glitching!! Those servo was on my NITRO car and no problem at all.

JohnA 05-28-2002 07:41 PM

CVD's

Does anyone know if there are any aftermarket CVD's that will fit the evo II. The kit ones seem to bend far too easily. I know I should crash less but..................

TRF-Powered 05-28-2002 07:53 PM

JohnA,

Humm... i'm a "crasher" myself, but I have never bend any of the universal drive of my EVOII. I think you are one of those "talented" crasher, who crash at the "right" angle all the time. Cuz I have never had the problem of the CVD bending. :eek:

I think Integy makes CVD for EVOI, not sure about EVOII. I think Tamiya has a reinforced one that has just come out, which can be used in 04 series cars and EVOII, you might wanna check that out.

:sneaky:

JohnA 05-28-2002 08:35 PM

Thnks TRF-Powered, Im really not that bad, thye CVD's on my pro 2 are as new after nearly 2 years but my evo II has a noticeable buckle on both the front VCD's after about 3 runs.

I'll check out the new Tamiya ones.

TRF-Powered 05-28-2002 09:07 PM

JohnA,

don't take my word seriously, I was just kidding. It may just be bad luck that you crash the car just so perfectly that the CVD got bend. lol!

I think Tamiya also released a new blue CVD, that can be used on EVO2~

I wonder if they are going to release a blue version of Evo2.

I think they might do it if some good racer decided to run EVO2 in all national events.

JohnA 05-29-2002 01:34 AM

TRF

Dont worry, I wasn't too upset by your comments, I know you were only kidding.

By the way, do you know if there is a problem with the HPI Stratus body shell, the fronts of mine seem to crack and dent very quickly.:)

TRF-Powered 05-29-2002 02:28 AM

Well, I don't know much about HPI body shell, I never ran one.

Avoid crash will make the body last a lot longer. if you crash head on many times, your body might crack on the wheel walls. Since that's the place that's taking all the stress when hit.

JohnA 05-29-2002 05:49 AM

I thought I was being funny.

Dragon 05-29-2002 10:25 PM

Just gotta love those pretty stickers that come with the HPI bodies....can compare with tamiya....:)

ijnek 05-30-2002 07:26 AM

HPI stickers are veri pretty,...in fact,i think it's better than tamiya as they normally have some xtra...

IceBerG71 05-30-2002 09:46 AM

What is the CVD that u all are refering and why is so fragile on the TB Evo2???

If they come up with a Blue Evo2....i will sure buy....
:D

Dragon 05-30-2002 10:38 PM

What is the CVD that u all are refering and why is so fragile on the TB Evo2???

If they come up with a Blue Evo2....i will sure buy....
:D

HAha...i might too....:D..Fix and hang on the wall...hehe

Dragon 05-30-2002 10:44 PM

Originally posted by ijnek
HPI stickers are veri pretty,...in fact,i think it's better than tamiya as they normally have some xtra...
Oh yah....:)

But the crappy thing about the Tamiya bodies is that they have 2 mould lines that run from the side to side on the plastic itself....ugly.....not what i would expect from tamiya....
but their rear wings support are nice tho.....more realistic..:p

dtm 06-01-2002 08:51 AM

I have a question on the Evo II....on right hand turns it is fine...on left hand turns the car over steers...both on power and off power...and ideas???

All shocks are the same length...car has been set on tweak station....:confused: :confused: :confused:

ijnek 06-01-2002 07:07 PM

how abt the setting on ur controller???...
not sure abt ur controller,but the ex1-mars has an option whereby the user can set too different setting turning left or turning rite...

dtm 06-01-2002 07:28 PM

how abt the setting on ur controller???...
not sure abt ur controller,but the ex1-mars has an option whereby the user can set too different setting turning left or turning rite...

It can...but I would prefer to address any fundatmental car setup problems before going into the Tx to fiddle it!!:D

ijnek 06-01-2002 08:05 PM

well,...
not saying tat u should fiddle with the settings,but mayb check through the settings 2 check if there has been a mistake made...
it nvr hurts 2 check...
btw,wat controller r u using???...
if the problem still persists,mayb it's time for a re-build and still unable to re-solve the problem,mayb u could set the shocks on the affected side to a harder setting...

dtm 06-01-2002 08:21 PM

well,...
not saying tat u should fiddle with the settings,but mayb check through the settings 2 check if there has been a mistake made...
it nvr hurts 2 check...
btw,wat controller r u using???...
if the problem still persists,mayb it's time for a re-build and still unable to re-solve the problem,mayb u could set the shocks on the affected side to a harder setting...

I'm using the 2000R. It was the first outing for the car so hopefully won't need a rebuild!:D :D

I just wanted to see if anyone else had this problem....because another friend with the Evo II had exactly the same handling characteristic as mine yesterday! Anyway, thks for the feedback.