Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Inspire us.  Show me your BEST, CLEANEST electronics installation pics. >

Inspire us. Show me your BEST, CLEANEST electronics installation pics.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree475Likes

Inspire us. Show me your BEST, CLEANEST electronics installation pics.

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 05:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LOW ET
you must be getting lazy, where's the shortened and hidden servo/transponder wires?
also some of the anodizing is a different color.
it's waswa's foam car. he runs 2 or 3 different cars, so i didn't want to render these electronics useless in other vehicles. and to be honest, i sort of like the way the wire coils look. bulkier, but clean and workable in case there's trouble in the pits. plus, on that car, there's no room for wire runs between components if you lay them flat. (waswa even cut the front of the motor mount to be able to lay the receiver down).

as for the anodizing, take that up with the factory.

my ride for the season is around the corner ...(and down the hall a bit).
Old 08-03-2009, 11:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by M-Technic
Doesn't compare to most in this thread, but this is the best I have come up with on my S400.

i really like that looks smart as it is different from all the others with the same thing
Old 08-03-2009, 11:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bluephi1914
In this picture did you actually cut your servo wires to make them a perfect fit... or just tuck and hide them ? I have a simular setup and my wires a long and all over the place. I thought about maybe zip tie-ing them but that doesnt really look neat either.
I cut my servo wires down along with my transponder wires to make them fit right.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by depressedbunny
i really like that looks smart as it is different from all the others with the same thing
Well shucks, thanks!
Old 08-03-2009, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

Originally Posted by seaball
it's waswa's foam car. he runs 2 or 3 different cars, so i didn't want to render these electronics useless in other vehicles. and to be honest, i sort of like the way the wire coils look. bulkier, but clean and workable in case there's trouble in the pits. plus, on that car, there's no room for wire runs between components if you lay them flat. (waswa even cut the front of the motor mount to be able to lay the receiver down).

as for the anodizing, take that up with the factory.

my ride for the season is around the corner ...(and down the hall a bit).
it's all good man, it looks nice. i know how "anal" you are about your cars (wires neat and tidy, getting things anodized to match, body matches the andodizing, etc...).
Old 08-03-2009, 08:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

A couple of clean Xray 008's...

MY PERSONAL FAVORITE....

What yall think???

Alex
Old 08-04-2009, 04:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This is for Bob - Stormer since Stormer Hobbies makes me HAPPY IN THE PANTS!!! OOOOOOHHHHH YYYYEEEEEAAAHHHHH!!!!

The ABC Hobbies mini car is a nice clean car and very easy to setup. Electronics installation is painless as well.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hound_dogs_01
A couple of clean Xray 008's...

MY PERSONAL FAVORITE....

What yall think???

Alex
All those small components and you put the reciever on top of the servo. I could understand if there were larger receiver and there was no room, but ...CG man! Plenty of room to put it all on the deck!
Old 08-04-2009, 11:46 AM
Tech Master

I like the long body clip for the transponder. first time i've seen that, i'm going to do that now
Old 08-04-2009, 11:57 AM
Tech Elite

What I want to know is, how does Bob feel about this "Happy in the Pants" thing
Old 08-04-2009, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M-Technic
Doesn't compare to most in this thread, but this is the best I have come up with on my S400.

this is my S400. i did it myself for the first time, well i usually just simply connect them and as long as they can run but this thread inspire me to do nicer. shown with KO 2343 servo, new KO 2413 low profile has a crack ears, so it's not in pictures. will find a way to hide/wrap the wires of the capasitor.

Old 08-07-2009, 12:02 AM
Tech Master

I thought I'd hit you guys up for some ideas, this is my first on-road car and the installation was challenging, as there is really not much room at all in the chassis...especially with a belt drive train down the middle.

Specifically, I'm not sure what to do about the wire that goes from the Tekin RS speed controller to the receiver (it's short, and one way or another it's got to get past the motor) - running it over the motor straight to the receiver was about my only option, unless I could somehow extend it. I am not wild about how it is now, though...it's not tight, as it might look in the picture - there IS some slack, so it's not in danger of pulling out or anything. I just don't like it, as it is. Also, if anyone knows what kind of plug I would be able to buy to replace the one on the servo wire that plugs into the receiver, so I could shorten that wire up...Hitec gives you a TON of wire to work with. Right now I've just got it wound up and tucked in the chassis.

Any ideas on improving would be welcome.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 267 (98%+)

First of all I think we could use a bigger picture.

Originally Posted by kdeselms
I thought I'd hit you guys up for some ideas, this is my first on-road car and the installation was challenging, as there is really not much room at all in the chassis...especially with a belt drive train down the middle.

Specifically, I'm not sure what to do about the wire that goes from the Tekin RS speed controller to the receiver (it's short, and one way or another it's got to get past the motor) - running it over the motor straight to the receiver was about my only option, unless I could somehow extend it. I am not wild about how it is now, though...it's not tight, as it might look in the picture - there IS some slack, so it's not in danger of pulling out or anything. I just don't like it, as it is. Also, if anyone knows what kind of plug I would be able to buy to replace the one on the servo wire that plugs into the receiver, so I could shorten that wire up...Hitec gives you a TON of wire to work with. Right now I've just got it wound up and tucked in the chassis.

Any ideas on improving would be welcome.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

This picture attached is a wiring done by one of my Guru's, Azri Amri
Attached Thumbnails Inspire us.  Show me your BEST, CLEANEST electronics installation pics.-01082009173.jpg  
Old 08-09-2009, 08:53 PM
Tech Adept

here is my schumacher mi-4
Attached Thumbnails Inspire us.  Show me your BEST, CLEANEST electronics installation pics.-cyclone-004.jpg   Inspire us.  Show me your BEST, CLEANEST electronics installation pics.-cyclone-009.jpg   Inspire us.  Show me your BEST, CLEANEST electronics installation pics.-cyclone-055.jpg   Inspire us.  Show me your BEST, CLEANEST electronics installation pics.-cyclone-039.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.