Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Rubber tyres and insert for tarmac/asphalt parking lot track. >

Rubber tyres and insert for tarmac/asphalt parking lot track.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rubber tyres and insert for tarmac/asphalt parking lot track.

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

Default Rubber tyres and insert for tarmac/asphalt parking lot track.

Hi guys, whats a good rubber tyres and insert combination for asphalt/tarmac parking lot track? I ve never used rubber tyres before coz i came from on road nitro world using foam tyres. FYI i live in a tropical climate country, temp is arround 30-35C and the track temp a bit higher than that, if this will help you on advising which tyre combination to use. BTW its for Tamiya TA05R. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-03-2009, 08:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Good starter point would be Sorex 32's with Medium Inserts (Grey). At the same time I would also pick up a set of Sorex 36's with the same inserts for the full sun days.

When you buy your tires they should have a temperature range listed for the tires that company sells. Run the tire that has a max temperature range just above your track temperature for the best traction.

Shawn.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:20 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the info bro!
Old 01-04-2009, 02:16 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

for me i run on sorex 40s with med insert on super hot days or noon. i run on sorex 36s/med inserts in late afternoon when its cooler or at night. good enough for good traction. and dun forget to warm up and rotate the tyres after a few packs in order to get even wear off rate.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:25 AM
Tech Elite

As i said i ve never used rubber tyres before so can i expect those tyres be as grip as foam tyres. I ll try the Sorex 32,36 and 40 and the grey medium insert as you guys advice. Time for me to check the online shop coz its not available locally in my country. Thanks guys.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dameetz
As i said i ve never used rubber tyres before so can i expect those tyres be as grip as foam tyres. I ll try the Sorex 32,36 and 40 and the grey medium insert as you guys advice. Time for me to check the online shop coz its not available locally in my country. Thanks guys.

Sorex 36 with Hara med inserts are the best combination IMO. They can handle the heat and work pretty well when it starts to cool off. If it's really hot you can try the 40's with the same insert.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Sorex 36 with Hara med inserts are the best combination IMO. They can handle the heat and work pretty well when it starts to cool off. If it's really hot you can try the 40's with the same insert.
I have been using sorex40r with C firm (although some use C med), thinking of trying the Haras ver2. What changes can I expect? Maybe go to the med ver2?

Track is low tracion asphalt.

thanks!