Spektrum Reciever Incompatabiliy?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spektrum Reciever Incompatabiliy?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 06:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Spektrum Reciever Incompatabiliy?

I have a problem with a Spectrum DX3S reciever SR300 connected to a GV Electronic Speed Control, has anyone encountered this before?
Reciever is working fine when connected to servo throttle in nitro car.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Can you describe the problem? What specifically is happening (or not happening) when it attached to the speed control?
Old 12-31-2008, 09:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Check the BEC output of the speedo...if it is less than 6v you may need to run the spektrum booster cap. It plugs into an open receiver port and basically stores an extra volt for the receiver if I understand correctly how it works.

-rocky b
Old 12-31-2008, 09:09 PM
Tech Rookie

the light on the ESC is flashing and the throttle not operating. The steering servo is working fine. We swapped the steering servo to throttle on reciever and the throttle controlled the steering. Then we fitted reciever to a nitro car
and both throttle and steering worked fine. Back on electric car throttle wont work.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:13 PM
Regional Moderator

Did you setup the speedo with the radio? In other words, is the speedo calibrated to full throttle, brake, and neutral? Most speedos won't work correctly until they are setup to the radio's throttle travel "endpoints".
Old 12-31-2008, 09:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Just checked the voltage and it's 4.95V will have to get booster Cap and give it ago. Thanks for your help
Old 12-31-2008, 09:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

danno,

hold off on that booster cap. Your receiver should work just fine at 4.9 volts. The fact that the steering servo is working means that the receiver is working.

This is what I'd check, in this order:

1. As Carbon Joe said, make sure the speed control is calibrated. Follow the calibration steps in the speed control manual. That ought to get you going if you haven't already done that.

2. I'm not familiar with the speed control you mentioned, so if step 1 doesn't fix your issue try reversing your throttle channel in the transmitter and repeat step 1. Some speed controls expect the throttle signal to be in a certain "direction" before they'll accept calibration.

3. If still not working, go into the radio end point adjustments for the throttle channel and make sure the endpoints for throttle and brake are set to the max. Then repeat step 1 and if necessary, step 2 again.

4. If you're still not up and running, check the plug from the speed control that goes into the receiver. one of the little terminals in the plug may not be fully seated, and that will prevent the speed control from getting signal from the receiver. The terminal you're concerned with is the one furthest from the edge of the receiver case when plugged in. That';s the terminal for the signal wire. The other two should be fine, or you'd get no lights on the speed control, and no steering. While you're at it, make sure the wire from the speed control to the plug for the receiver is intact... if the signal wire is cut or broken, the speed control will power up and you'll get steering, but no response from the speed control. Again, the "signal" wire is in most cases the one furthest from the edge of the receiver case when plugged in. I won't ask you to make sure the plug from the speed control is not in backwards, if it was you would get no lights at all and no steering.

5. I'm out of ideas at this point.

Hope that helps, let us know.