Search

HPI Sprint 2 Flux any good?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 05:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default HPI Sprint 2 Flux any good?

Hey all,
Is the HPI Sprint 2 Flux a good car? As in does it handle well, is it durable? etc. I'm thinkin about selling my Traxxas Slash, just hate the way this thing handles (keeps flipping over). That and i already have a nitro MT so if i wanted to go off road i'd just bust out that one hehe. Thanks all
Old 12-14-2008, 09:50 PM
Tech Regular

Anybody? Doesn't seem like many people have this car, after doing some research.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi, I think this car is fairly new, so that's probably why a lot of people don't have it yet. As for whether this car is any good, it depends on what you are wanting to do with it. If you are wanting an onroad basher, this car will probably be plenty good. The durability is probably going to be better than most high end race cars. However, if you want to get into competitive racing, then this car probably isn't going to be your best choice. There won't be as many option parts or ways to tune the car. Overall, it's probably a good beginners car. I've always liked HPI.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cheezburger
Hey all,
Is the HPI Sprint 2 Flux a good car? As in does it handle well, is it durable? etc. I'm thinkin about selling my Traxxas Slash, just hate the way this thing handles (keeps flipping over). That and i already have a nitro MT so if i wanted to go off road i'd just bust out that one hehe. Thanks all
It looks really nice, but it comes with electronics that are not USVTA spec. Imagine this car with all 4 HPI pre-painted body options with a Novak Brushless 21.5 straight from HPI as a true Vintage Trans Am RTR. As the LHS owner said, "they could have just wrapped up that market". As a basher, it might be a lot of fun and really fast in a straight line. It looks very durable.

As it stands, I'd go find a used TC3 or TC4 and put in the electronics you want.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:29 AM
Tech Regular

Hmm thanks for the info. I'm only going to use it for bashing so i guess the race requirements don't matter to me lol. But yea i was thinking about the Associated TC4. I think it'll be better since it's shaft drive. Do the HPI wheels/tires and 190mm bodies fit onto the TC4 though. It says on their website that any standard 190mm bodies will fit but i don't really know who makes the standard lol.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hmm thanks for the info. I'm only going to use it for bashing so i guess the race requirements don't matter to me lol. But yea i was thinking about the Associated TC4. I think it'll be better since it's shaft drive. Do the HPI wheels/tires and 190mm bodies fit onto the TC4 though. It says on their website that any standard 190mm bodies will fit but i don't really know who makes the standard lol.
They sure do. I race with a bunch of guys in VTA with TC3s and TC4s.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:42 AM
Tech Regular

Huh, what are you responding to? The race rules or about the HPI parts? lol
Old 12-15-2008, 01:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I own a sprint 2 it's a pretty tough car
Old 12-15-2008, 02:33 PM
Tech Adept

Do the HPI wheels/tires and 190mm bodies fit onto the TC4 though. It says on their website that any standard 190mm bodies will fit but i don't really know who makes the standard lol.
Originally Posted by liljohn1064
They sure do. I race with a bunch of guys in VTA with TC3s and TC4s.
Huh, what are you responding to? The race rules or about the HPI parts? lol
Most of the VTA bodies and tires are produced by HPI. Yes they can fit just about any Touring Car that is out there now.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:08 PM
Tech Regular

Ahhh all right, thanks for the info guys really appreciated. I think i'm gonna go with the Sprint 2 Flux for now since there's a $25 rebate offer going on right now. Eventually if i decide i want a shaft driven on-road i'll jump on the TC4!
Old 12-16-2008, 02:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey all,
I have one and I fully upgraded the car. i mean what ever is out there for car I have IT. It is worth the money. I'm running it as a Trans AM car. I have a Tekin RS 21.5 combo. Just for fun I swap it with a 17.5 and it handles GREAT!!!. I highly would think of picking one up. And just help if you do pick one up, pick up a Front one-way diff. And change the rear diff to a ball, you will notice a big diffence. But you dont have the cash. The car is still kick ass right out of the box. If you have question you can PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

It should be a good/competitive car.

From the looks of it, HPI has given rebirth to their old RS4 Pro 2 cars. Just a little revamp to some of the pieces.

That car/chassis was the poop back in the day!

Sprint 2 Flux

RS4 Pro 2
Old 01-28-2009, 01:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys does anyone know where i can find a bare chassis of a sprint 2 flux? i looked on ebay but theres nothing there.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:29 PM
Tech Regular

Oh man i forgot about this thread, so the ball differentials make a big difference huh? I'm actually thinking about picking them up (I bought the car a month ago, great buy!). But the thing is.... ball differentials.... or 2.4ghz radio lol.

Check out the rc ads near the bottom of the forums list and maybe you'll find a sprint 2 roller.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kyle_12345
Hey guys does anyone know where i can find a bare chassis of a sprint 2 flux? i looked on ebay but theres nothing there.
You should take a look at www.hpiracing.com they have a lot of option parts. Never by used parts for your R/C!!

Oh man i forgot about this thread, so the ball differentials make a big difference huh? I'm actually thinking about picking them up (I bought the car a month ago, great buy!). But the thing is.... ball differentials.... or 2.4ghz radio lol.

Check out the rc ads near the bottom of the forums list and maybe you'll find a sprint 2 roller.

You should pick a the Front one Way diff. and the ball diff for the rear.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.