Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Starting Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 04:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I don't agree that you have to have a top of the line kit. I think that he could get a good middle of the road car, we are talking stock rubber class here on asphalt. I think that rock solid car like a TC3 or anyting of that vintage or newer would be good. New racer first starting out would be better served learning all the tricks that a 4wd sedan. If the OP wants a top of the line TC that is up to him, but to tell him that he needs to buy a top car I don't think is responsible. IMHO you have to be a top driver to get the most out of a top level car, if he is just starting out in something so different from Mini-z's and off road nitro getting started on something that is strong and will teach him about tuning, one ways, spools, tires, ride height....

Getting a car that would get him started and well supported by the local racers would be the best thing for him.
Old 12-06-2008, 06:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I love my TC5! I haven't broke any parts yet! My dad has a TC4 great starting car, and I had a TC3. All are great cars.
Old 12-06-2008, 07:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

You should really look into what your local hobby shop sells and stocks parts for and go with that try to support your local hobby shop when ever you can without them most of us would lose our places to race. You really cant go wrong with any of the tc on the market right now they are all good if tuned right.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:23 AM
Tech Regular

OK. So I have decided to go with the TC5R.

Now, what is a goos starting setup for asphalt?
Camber, Caster, Toe in/out. Shock oils, springs. All that good stuff. lol

Cody