R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Serpent America (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/257664-serpent-america.html)

serpentamerica 12-03-2008 12:23 PM

Serpent America

Serpent America is pleased to announce that we are up and running. We are ready for your business and welcome our existing and new customers. You can contact us by e-mail at [email protected] or by phone at 305-677-3253 from 10:00AM till 6:00PM Monday through Friday.

Inventory levels are improving weekly as more and more products are arriving at our warehouse. We will have some very exciting new products coming out very soon as well.

Very soon all of our customers will be able to safely and securely order on line 24/7 from our website with real time stock status showing for all products. The website address is www.serpentamerica.com .

You are welcome to use this thread for specific questions about product and interact and share info with our racing friends.

Thanks for your support,

Serpent America

Yaksaddle 12-03-2008 01:07 PM

Awesome!

RCSteve93 12-03-2008 04:42 PM

lutach 12-03-2008 05:17 PM

Did you guys get my e-mail? I wanted some things that was on the excel list at an amazing price. Are those items still available at those prices? Also, when will you get the 1/8 scale F1 cars in? Mr. Baar said he was sending mine on the next shipment to the USA so I can convert it to electric. It should be coming without the engine. He also said it would come with a few foam tires.

yyhayyim 12-03-2008 05:53 PM

Wow!! Finally!!! What about S400 kits and parts?

fly_wheel 12-04-2008 05:45 AM

welcome back alive..! i guess US racers can get their hand on S400 n S120 again as those were the major shortage ther... 720 09..?

Jonnydb 12-04-2008 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by yyhayyim (Post 5124520)

+1 :nod:

Trips 12-04-2008 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by RCSteve93 (Post 5124246)

LOL. What is wrong with you Steve?

Geezatec 12-04-2008 08:36 AM

Figured the timing of things. Takes approximately 3 month for eqiupment to be shipped to Asia, and set up to handle parts available for shippment & Inventory. Now we just have to wait for Web Sight to open for the North & South America's.

OILMAN 12-04-2008 07:37 PM

Any word on s400 and the s120?

CanyonCarverR1 12-05-2008 07:15 AM

It would be a great resource if someone from Serpent America would look at this thread daily to answer our questions, announce new updates, etc.

serpentamerica 12-05-2008 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by lutach (Post 5124383)
Did you guys get my e-mail? I wanted some things that was on the excel list at an amazing price. Are those items still available at those prices? Also, when will you get the 1/8 scale F1 cars in? Mr. Baar said he was sending mine on the next shipment to the USA so I can convert it to electric. It should be coming without the engine. He also said it would come with a few foam tires.

Lutach, maybe you are referring to Serpent USA sale? This is a new company totally different, we have nothing to do with the past.
I suggest you to contact Mr. Baar direct for the F1 matter.

serpentamerica 12-05-2008 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by yyhayyim (Post 5124520)

We got word from the factory that due termination of the cooperation between Serpent and the OEM supplier of S400 and F180 cars and parts, the supply of these 2 cars will stop.

Originally Posted by fly_wheel (Post 5126369)
welcome back alive..! i guess US racers can get their hand on S400 n S120 again as those were the major shortage ther... 720 09..?

Thanks. We have full stock of S120. 720 09 early January

Originally Posted by Geezatec (Post 5126878)
Figured the timing of things. Takes approximately 3 month for eqiupment to be shipped to Asia, and set up to handle parts available for shippment & Inventory. Now we just have to wait for Web Sight to open for the North & South America's.

Website is under final testing. Some bugs where found and are being fixed. We have being hearing "next week will be ready" for several weeks already. We should be close :-)

Originally Posted by OILMAN (Post 5129392)
Any word on s400 and the s120?

Please read the answer for yyhayyim. All the other line of products are widely available (with normal turnover) and new and exciting projects are underway.

Originally Posted by CanyonCarverR1 (Post 5130900)
It would be a great resource if someone from Serpent America would look at this thread daily to answer our questions, announce new updates, etc.

CanyonCarverR1 you are totally rigth and is the intention. We will do our best to provide the info and support

lutach 12-05-2008 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by serpentamerica (Post 5130959)
Lutach, maybe you are referring to Serpent USA sale? This is a new company totally different, we have nothing to do with the past.
I suggest you to contact Mr. Baar direct for the F1 matter.

Ok.

wstuart 12-05-2008 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by serpentamerica (Post 5130988)
We got word from the factory that due termination of the cooperation between Serpent and the OEM supplier of S400 and F180 cars and parts, the supply of these 2 cars will stop.

WAIT A SECOND!! - Are you saying that the s400 no longer exists?!?!?!?! Will there be another electric touring car coming out!?!?:flaming::cry::weird::confused:

Yaksaddle 12-05-2008 10:08 PM

WTF? No more S400? Please please please tell me this isnt true

If another factory (located in Shen Zhen - close to port to ship landed to Los Angeles/Long Beach) became avilable would this allow for you to continue production and supply? for both S400 and S120?

If so you got mail.

wstuart 12-05-2008 10:14 PM

Yeah I GUESS NO MORE S400.

Do you thinks its wise to advertise race results on your website for a car you no longer produce?!?!?!?!?!

What is even more ridiculous is that someone has to ask you on a thread weather or not their car is discontinued. If you guys took time to post race results for the car why not also post the fact that the s400 has been discontinued. Oh wait I know why, because if you were honest with the market they wouldn't buy the last 100 or so s400s in your inventory. Why eat the cost of that inventory when you can have your customers do it for you. This is how you very quickly loose the trust and loyalty of customers.

See I have no problem with a car being discontinued - it happens in rc for whatever reason all the time. I have a huge problem with a company that isnt upfront about it. Now I understand that things happen fast in business and its hard to get information out there. But as a recent purchaser of an s400 I have to say that I feel completely ripped off when a company pulls the rug out from under me after I just helped clear the last few of their s400s out of their inventory. This is bullshit and this is not how you do business in this country.

I am the first to say that the s400 is the MOST dialed TC on the market, but I am now the last person that would ever want to do business with a company that is so badly organized and communicates so poorly with its customers.

Now I know exactly what you are going to say. - "this development was unforseen and happened very recently. This information will be posted on our site that will be up next week" Thats bullshit and I want you to know that we know it. Serpent parts have been MIA for months now so this production problem isnt something that came out of nowhere. It certainly didnt come up in the last week. The same week in which you guys posted this:
http://www.serpent.com/news/12610/He...n-Belgium.html

Ill probably race my s400 for as long as my parts last, but only because I cant afford a TRF416 right now. if you guys came out with a new touring car I dont think I could buy it unless you helped out people who recently bought s400s or showed a commitment to better communication.

:flaming::flaming::flaming::flaming::flaming::flam ing::flaming::flaming:

Yaksaddle 12-05-2008 10:24 PM

I know EXACTLY how you feel - i just bought a S400, I had an old Serpent Nitro that was so dialed in ... Thats why I bought the S400, i know the quality Serpent has and if this S400 is as great as all the reviews and praise I have seen for it, its a definite challnger for everything that is out.

Hopefully I will hear back from the Serpent representative... if not I may need to bust out the CNC mill...

I feel sick to my stomach.

Yaksaddle 12-05-2008 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Geezatec (Post 5126878)

its 4-6 weeks for a container from China to make it stateside on the west coast and thru customs.

SpraydbySprague 12-05-2008 10:59 PM

OEM supplier? :confused: Were these cars just rebadged vehicles?

Shagnasties 12-05-2008 11:00 PM

W T F???

Been buying serpent cars for 13 years, if this is true, never again.:flaming:

Yaksaddle 12-05-2008 11:42 PM

let's see what Serpent has to say - there is an option I put on the table if they want to support the S400 owners - if not doesnt someone always step up? :batman:

I gave up on my old Serpent Nitro long ago because I couldnt find parts, Im not going to give up this time without one hell of a fight.

Ball is in their court... if they want to support S400 owners great.
if not I am glad I got a lot of spares to make measurements.

I read on another thread of a rumor of Serpent being sold to a chinese company a while back, I cant find any info on which company in china??:weird:

SpraydbySprague 12-06-2008 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Yaksaddle (Post 5133747)
I read on another thread of a rumor of Serpent being sold to a chinese company a while back, I cant find any info on which company in china??:weird:

They weren't sold to a company in China, they just moved all the manufacturing to Asia. Check this out.

http://www.redrc.net/2008/08/serpent...ia/#more-10800

Yaksaddle 12-06-2008 12:39 AM

Fromt the press release:

Serpent has been around for over 25 years. By making above changes Serpent will be in a much stronger position on the longer run, with a more agile organisation and even higher quality products like before. We thank all Serpent fans worldwide for their continuing support !!

Interesting, based on my reading of the press release there is zero reason why another factory could not be used as the R&D is handled out of Holland - so they would be the owners of the molds not the actual factory. As far as the OEM:weird:.. I have a few ideas based on my experience with factories there on what the problem could be...

I will wait to see if Serpent contacts me.

Everyone who owns a S400 keep your fingers crossed.

wstuart 12-06-2008 07:52 AM

My best hope is that they will develop a new touring car that uses many of the same parts. that way we can still get belts and diff parts and driveshafts. Kind of like the Schumacher Mi2 - Mi3 parts sharing. If that is the case though they need to announce that car or at least tell us about it ASAP! If not Ill be sporting Tamiya.

I find myself kindof confused here - do they want to screw over the US market and loose all their customers or are they just really stupid. In any case, if I dont here some very good news soon Im out.

CanyonCarverR1 12-07-2008 04:39 PM

Thanks. We have full stock of S120. 720 09 early January

Website is under final testing. Some bugs where found and are being fixed. We have being hearing "next week will be ready" for several weeks already. We should be close :-)

Please read the answer for yyhayyim. All the other line of products are widely available (with normal turnover) and new and exciting projects are underway.

CanyonCarverR1 you are totally rigth and is the intention. We will do our best to provide the info and support

Thank you SerpentAmerica, this is going to be a great resource! Too bad about the S400, I guess that is the state of TC's lately.
Are you guys going to be selling kits/parts to the public? S120 parts?

lutach 12-07-2008 05:31 PM

We got word from the factory that due termination of the cooperation between Serpent and the OEM supplier of F180

Is it possible to get a PM with the OEM supplier of the F180? I would like to see if they might have at least one so I can finish what I had planned for it.

Regards.

serpentamerica 12-11-2008 08:55 AM

News on the S400

We just got word from the factory, that a solution has being found and that supply for parts is not going to be a problem anymore. Order and shipment is already being arranged in order to have parts available in our warehouse in USA.
We appreciate your comments and support. We felt was fair to let you guys know what was going on even if we know we may have create some inconvenience.

Thanks

Tire Chunker 12-11-2008 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by serpentamerica (Post 5154756)
News on the S400

We just got word from the factory, that a solution has being found and that supply for parts is not going to be a problem anymore. Order and shipment is already being arranged in order to have parts available in our warehouse in USA.
We appreciate your comments and support. We felt was fair to let you guys know what was going on even if we know we may have create some inconvenience.

Thanks

B as in B.
S as in S.

B.S.

OILMAN 12-11-2008 06:19 PM

damn dont know if i will get a S400 now...:mad:

ioxqq 12-11-2008 07:04 PM

Forget about S400. I believe it will be stop providing part very soon.

Shagnasties 12-12-2008 01:49 AM

Serpent need to put an end to speculation on their official site because if it is to be discontinued after this ray of hope the backlash could be ugly.

fatboy 12-12-2008 01:54 AM

my 960 :cry: as heard new kit coming out

my S400 :cry::cry: ? parts cont or not

both add up :cry: + :cry::cry: = :cry::cry::cry:

joezjr 12-12-2008 09:36 AM

Serpent usa has been jacking around its american customers for year. The reason we put up with this is because they make an awsome product, minus the 950R.
I hope serpent america will be different and I hope they will keep producing s400 parts.

TeamButter 12-14-2008 08:25 PM

Serpent America

Hey guys,

I'll be on here answering as many posts and as promptly as possible. Serpent America WILL be receiving an assortment of parts to support the current 1/10th TC the S400. I know it has been difficult for people in the US to get parts but this will not be the case much longer.

On another note, Xceed is coming out with an AMAZING line of equipment including Tire warmers and Chargers. I have had the opportunity to test the prototype tire warmers and they work GREAT!! The system has worked flawlessly and has many nice features such as Quick Warm, Lap counter and fully independent temperature adjustments.

Both the Charger and the Warmers should be hitting our shores by mid-late January.

If you guys have anymore questions feel free to post here or PM me anytime.

Butter

rezenclowd3 12-14-2008 09:38 PM

The Xceed equipment looks mightily similar to the Much More Products...Most likely they work near as well also...

fly_wheel 12-15-2008 02:52 AM

pictures of the xceed products pls... :D

zacabrandy 12-15-2008 03:21 AM

So now you say parts are available, does this mean Serpent is going to continue with the S400 and look at new versions in time as required, or is this a one off car that once outdated will not be replaced with a new model?

Cheers
Aaron

TeamButter 12-15-2008 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by zacabrandy (Post 5167930)
So now you say parts are available, does this mean Serpent is going to continue with the S400 and look at new versions in time as required, or is this a one off car that once outdated will not be replaced with a new model?

Cheers
Aaron

Aaron,

the S400 will continue to be supported and like all high end touring car makers, there will be continued testing in an effort to develop newer models. There is no specific release date, but there is ALWAYS something being tested in order to provide the consumer the best possible product.

Butter

joezjr 12-19-2008 06:41 AM

I have a question about serpent but its not on road related.
A couple of years ago you guys ran a 10th scale electric 4wd off road buggy at the worlds. Is there any chance you guys are going to continue development on this car?