Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thank you everyone for the congrats.

Great write up Art. You are very much correct, the Awesomatix team is the best we've been on. Everyone is willing to share and help if asked. Kody, Jake, Art, Kyle, and I all helped each other to come up with setups and tire strategies that work the best for each of us. I can't wait to get an FFG, Alu chassis, another gear diff, and start running Mod again. Kody's car was unreal, he definitely found the right setup for the tire and track conditions in Omaha. Watching video will not do his car and driving justice compared to being there watching it in person.

Also a BIG thanks goes out to Mike Hanulec for stepping up and importing this car to the USA. Many of us, including myself and Kyle, would not have the opportunity to own what i think is currently the best touring car on the market today.

We will write down our setups this week for Mike to post so those that are interested can give them a try. I hope people that use setups from team drivers that do well at National events realize they are created for the conditions of that race and that persons driving style and may not work well for your club racing or driving style. Not to say one of them is not a good place to start but don't feel discouraged if it doesn't work. Make adjustments or try someone else's.
Old 03-03-2014, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

ROAR Onroad Carpet Nationals Mod TC A3 final !

http://youtu.be/HK_J0poDYOg
Old 03-03-2014, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

If anyone is looking for an A700L my LHS has one on the shelf. pm if you want the contact info.
Old 03-03-2014, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
ROAR Onroad Carpet Nationals Mod TC A3 final !

http://youtu.be/HK_J0poDYOg
now thats some driving, when closed up on Paul, its like he just got mad and went SS3 on that @&&.. he got some skills hugged every corner
Old 03-03-2014, 04:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kgombe
now thats some driving, when closed up on Paul, its like he just got mad and went SS3 on that @&&.. he got some skills hugged every corner
Thankfully I get to see Kody's skills every week at the club... but sometimes I want to go all " Tonya Harding" on him and use a real club on his knee, just so I have a chance ;-).

Jake D

Last edited by Magnet Top; 03-04-2014 at 08:42 AM.
Old 03-03-2014, 04:23 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Big thanks to the team work out there guys. Thanks to Oleg for an amazing car ... and amazing support!!

We've put in the time. We've come along way!!
I remember Monti and I struggling in the heat and rain of Florida's 2013 Asphalt Nats.

The driver base is growing. The knowledge is increasing. New parts have come out -- and more are on the way to make us faster.

Not even one year into Awesomatix USA and lets just remember our successes--

2013 Reedy Race of Champions - 17.5 - TQ - Kyle Bergstrom
2013 Reedy Race of Champions - 17.5 - Winner - Austin Brumblay
2013 Halloween Classic - 17.5 - TQ + Win - Karl Hoffmeister
2014 Snowbirds - 17.5 - Winner - Larry Fairtrace
2014 Snowbirds - USVTA - Winner - Michael Hanulec
2014 ROAR Carpet Nationals - 17.5 - TQ + Win - Kyle Klingforth
2014 ROAR Carpet Nationals - Mod - Winner - Kody Knudtson
and... the countless local TQ, and Wins at Norcal (RIP), Middle River, The Hanger, Horsham, Denver, Grand Rapids, Phoenix/Mesa, Valkaria ....

This is an amazing list. Between the phone calls, txt, pms, etc. I received over the past 24 hours ---- I AM WITHOUT WORDS ( almost :P )

Now lets get back to racing!!
Old 03-03-2014, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by artwork
The Nats was a huge success for Awesomatix and Awesomatix USA in Omaha. I have been on many teams over the years, but the way this team worked together was really great. Everyone was working together and sharing ideas and helping each other go faster. Kyle, Brent and myself were trying different changes each round or practice and then applying what we learned to each successive round. Kody's mod car was by far the best looking modified rubber tire car I have ever seen in person. It is no wonder that he was able to upset the balance in the on-road world here in the US. Jake's knowledge of the car is a huge asset when trying to understand why things are the way they are. I had a lot of fun working with this team and I look forward to future races. For now I will be at home trying to not get whipped by the best two stock racers in the nation.

Art
Would love to see some setups posted.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

That was superb driving and Awesome touring cars congrats
Old 03-03-2014, 07:25 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

http://www.awesomatixusa.com/2014/03...lingforth.html
Old 03-04-2014, 07:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

question from a nobody:

I see in mod ,the guys were running the 700 Evo and in 17.5, i see the the guys running the 700L. is there a reason for the different model's in each class or just what they chose to run? What are the main differences in them?

I was trying to read the web site, but it seems hard to read. I have seen Kody and Jake's cars at Timezone II here in SW Washington and the cars are sweet.

Congrats to the NW boys for representing.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KR145
question from a nobody:

I see in mod ,the guys were running the 700 Evo and in 17.5, i see the the guys running the 700L. is there a reason for the different model's in each class or just what they chose to run? What are the main differences in them?

I was trying to read the web site, but it seems hard to read. I have seen Kody and Jake's cars at Timezone II here in SW Washington and the cars are sweet.

Congrats to the NW boys for representing.
Kody has all the latest stuff so he ran it and it worked extremely well. Kyle and I ran the L's because I have not moved in the EVO direction yet. For Stock racing my next move will be the Alu chassis. Kyle did run an EVO in 13.5 with the carbon top deck and chassis, his car was very fast probably the fast on the track, he just had some tapping issues with this class.

Last edited by bkspeedo; 03-04-2014 at 09:14 AM.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:12 AM
Tech Elite

I little sleep has allowed me to reflect on the week at the Roar nationals a little further.

Besides Kody's brilliance the father and son duo of Brent Klingforth and Kyle Klingforth from Denver CO ( 5280 raceway ) were obviously also showing tremendous skills as drivers while also maximizing the potential of the car. I just wanted to say how impressive these guys are, and great people too.

A lot of fun was had by the entire team and once Art gets more time with the A700, watch out for the CO boys. They are already a force to be reckoned with.
The sky is the limit... as the saying goes....

Big thanks to Oleg and Mike Hanulec for the setup advice and parts support for the team.

Jake D.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Thanks guys! It was a great team effort indeed this past week. We had such a great crew and this made for fast cars. Special thanks to Jake, Oleg, Mike, Keith Yu and the team for all the help. Having a car that reacts so well to small changes went a long way in having a fast car this past weekend.

Kyle, awesome job! You drove perfect races and the car and you were one.

Working on a setup sheet as I post this.

Thanks again guys,

Kody
Old 03-04-2014, 08:10 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Kody's setup now online - http://www.awesomatixusa.com/p/setup-sheets.html
Old 03-04-2014, 08:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Need Help!

FFG shaft is rubbing my servo ear. I'm using KO servo. see photo attached.
Attached Thumbnails Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)-photo-1.jpg   Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)-photo-2.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.