Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2018, 05:39 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

edit,
Old 11-08-2018, 05:46 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan
Rebuilding a D2.0 damper for a friend to put on his Evo 1. Anyone got tips to seat the bearing into the top cap? It isn't flush. Almost seems the O-ring is too thick?
Should be the same as 2.2 (different was the damper vane and rod guide I think)

Old 11-08-2018, 08:21 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Found out what was wrong, had a different O-ring size between the D2.2 shocks I have and the D2.0 shocks I was rebuilding for him.
Old 11-27-2018, 12:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hello folks,

I have a question about a700 chassis.

Which is the narrowest a700 chassis (i ask because the wear on my chassis is crazy)

Also, can the a800 long arm set be used in the a700? I've been researching the different chassis available and none seem to have the mounting holes for the long arm set.

Can the holes be drilled or milled into a a700 evo2 chassis (for instance?). I'm getting Berzerk RC to help me with this one, but I'm unsure if it will clear all the transmission or bulkhead bits.

Thank you for your time.

Alexander
Old 11-27-2018, 01:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

If you're talking chassis wear you must be racing asphalt. Have you tried chassis protection tape? AE makes a really slippery durable chassis tape.

All the A700 chassis, except the original, were narrow. The non floating servo mount chassis were very wide.
Old 11-27-2018, 01:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by foampervert
Hello folks,

I have a question about a700 chassis.

Which is the narrowest a700 chassis (i ask because the wear on my chassis is crazy)

Also, can the a800 long arm set be used in the a700? I've been researching the different chassis available and none seem to have the mounting holes for the long arm set.

Can the holes be drilled or milled into a a700 evo2 chassis (for instance?). I'm getting Berzerk RC to help me with this one, but I'm unsure if it will clear all the transmission or bulkhead bits.

Thank you for your time.

Alexander
Hi Alexander,

I think the C01AL-S2 aluminum chassis is the narrowest at 79mm I never had an C01L2 carbon chassis on hand but I am pretty sure that it's pretty close to the S2.
The only released chassis that I can think that had another position for the suspension arms is the C01AL-S, no commercially available arms fit on this alternate position. I think that was for some experiments on arm sweep or something more esoteric Oleg or somebody else may be able to chime on this.
Google the chassis number and you will understand what I mean.

If you want to redrill an actual chassis for longer arms you will have the steering rack adjustment holes in the way in the front. In the back you have the MM2 motor mount in the way also. So not really doable.
If you dont want to mess with custom parts you may just buy some AT21S0.5 offset balls to bring them a little bit more inboard and some C04 0.5 or 1.5 longer arms to regain some width.

The only things that I have made to my custom chassis was the position of the arms relative to the length of the car and a little bit of arm sweep in the rear to help free up the car. That also depend of the track surface and driving style.

You may PM me for some top secret stuff I had designed and made cut by Bezerk lol

See you!

Last edited by daktulos; 11-27-2018 at 01:52 PM.
Old 11-27-2018, 07:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by daktulos
Hi Alexander,

I think the C01AL-S2 aluminum chassis is the narrowest at 79mm I never had an C01L2 carbon chassis on hand but I am pretty sure that it's pretty close to the S2.
The only released chassis that I can think that had another position for the suspension arms is the C01AL-S, no commercially available arms fit on this alternate position. I think that was for some experiments on arm sweep or something more esoteric Oleg or somebody else may be able to chime on this.
Google the chassis number and you will understand what I mean.

If you want to redrill an actual chassis for longer arms you will have the steering rack adjustment holes in the way in the front. In the back you have the MM2 motor mount in the way also. So not really doable.
If you dont want to mess with custom parts you may just buy some AT21S0.5 offset balls to bring them a little bit more inboard and some C04 0.5 or 1.5 longer arms to regain some width.

The only things that I have made to my custom chassis was the position of the arms relative to the length of the car and a little bit of arm sweep in the rear to help free up the car. That also depend of the track surface and driving style.

You may PM me for some top secret stuff I had designed and made cut by Bezerk lol

See you!
I think I have one of the chassis plates you had made, I like it and it meets your description to a tee.
Old 11-28-2018, 11:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

The A700L car of the 2018 U.S. Indoor Championships USVTA class winner Wayne Gerber.
Old 11-29-2018, 08:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Oleg, any chance you will ever produce the 700 again? Outfitted with the long arm holes and including the newest dampers, arms, hubs and a chassis that is meant for black carpet? I would love to see gearbox cradles that have offset bushings on the ring and pinion gears to allow diff height adjustment.

We are seeing a lot of guys go to the 700 for VTA and can am gt.

BTW, I like the new MMC on my 800 as it really makes the car drive like a shaft car! Keep up the good work!
Old 11-29-2018, 11:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by AlBundy
Oleg, any chance you will ever produce the 700 again? Outfitted with the long arm holes and including the newest dampers, arms, hubs and a chassis that is meant for black carpet? I would love to see gearbox cradles that have offset bushings on the ring and pinion gears to allow diff height adjustment.
We are seeing a lot of guys go to the 700 for VTA and can am gt.
BTW, I like the new MMC on my 800 as it really makes the car drive like a shaft car! Keep up the good work!
New shaft car will be produced certainly. It will combine the latest suspension from our belt car with new ideas for transmission, flex and weight distribution.
Please pay attention that the diff height adjustment for shaft car is possible only with shifting of the whole gearbox to keep the mutual position of bevel gears.
S.Stew, patorz31, chiefj48 and 5 others like this.
Old 11-29-2018, 02:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

That's great news, please keep us posted. Can I buy the first one?
iTz Nicholas72 likes this.
Old 11-29-2018, 04:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Oleg Babich
New shaft car will be produced certainly. It will combine the latest suspension from our belt car with new ideas for transmission, flex and weight distribution.
Please pay attention that the diff height adjustment for shaft car is possible only with shifting of the whole gearbox to keep the mutual position of bevel gears.
I can’t wait for this !!! I have been running the shaft car since the beginning and thought I would never replace it till this news
Old 11-29-2018, 05:01 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Oleg Babich
That's good news!!! Money is ready where do I click?
Old 11-29-2018, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Yeah, lots of people are ready to buy
Old 11-29-2018, 07:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

JUST IN TIME FOR CHRISTMAS!!! YES Santa I have been good all year, LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.