Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2014, 07:32 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SavageCanadian
Has anyone had this happen? It came from my mod car, was just driving thru the infield and the car locked up. Looks to be a bad piece of aluminum most likely, this was only the second run on the brand new car.
i've only ever seen this from a Spool that was shimmed at the b10rs / dt02. it applied too much presume on the G03.

Ya I took the cover off earlier as it was just not letting everything move free enough for me, have run my other cars with the covers since new, must have just been a fluke screw or something picked up from the track
depending upon your link configuration, installing a flat head screw + cone washer can be used to prevent excess FFG movement.

Mainly because it's faster and cheaper from the eu. I get my order in 4 days and it's $18 in shipping, from the USA they want $40 and it's almost 2 weeks.
its a shame you've made up your mind from one order in Nov 2013.

there is also a new dealer coming to eastern Canada soon. hope they will help greatly in supporting the cause..

Last edited by hanulec; 10-27-2014 at 07:47 PM.
Old 10-27-2014, 07:37 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by trackout
Medium to low traction running Stock classes I would go with the stock kit. It is an amazing vehicle and the current kit comes with a lot of what was previously upgrades. If you were going to run in higher traction environment I would look at AT21-S, the CO1AL-S chassis, AM33-5 spine, and the C21-2 topdeck.
these are some great suggestions.
i'd also recommend-
p20 or 2x st17-1-s
hard front bumper
titanium tie rods - survive crashes much better than the stock aluminum

at21s - work great on low grip too
am19 - for the rear of evo, or front and rear on a700l (requires shorter links)

am24 - floating servo mount or as-700l awesomatix servo
st21s - shorter steering tie rod
Old 10-27-2014, 07:58 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Any of the setup sheets from IIC available yet from the Awesomatix gods?

Also I was looking at Hanulec's sheet from the IIC warm-up at Horsham, any chance those spring/damper settings are reversed on the sheet? Trying to make sense of why it works but it looks like a very soft setup with only 40.xgF/mm stiffness front and back.
IIC Setups from Kyle Klingforth and Mike Gee posted. Josh ran his Mile High Mod setup. I ran my Horsham IIC Warmup setup
http://www.awesomatixusa.com/p/setup-sheets.html

My 17.5 is really that soft. It helped a TON with the Gravity Tire's want to traction roll.
Old 10-27-2014, 08:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
there is also a new dealer coming to eastern Canada soon. hope they will help greatly in supporting the cause..
Can you elaborate!?
Old 10-27-2014, 08:15 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Cadman1981
Can you elaborate!?
everyone perfers dealers to speak for themselves
Old 10-28-2014, 01:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Does anybody have a good starting 17.5 carpet setup for the Evo using Solaris medium tires?

Thank you,

Patrick
Old 10-28-2014, 04:39 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by XCELL

Does anybody have a good starting 17.5 carpet setup for the Evo using Solaris medium tires?

Thank you,

Patrick
please look at any of the setups from Horsham RC. Solaris Medium is our spec tire. Setups from Middle River will also be VERY close (as we race with these guys many times a year -- and are always very fast at our local track)

http://www.awesomatixusa.com/p/setup-sheets.html

You'll see a few "flavors" of setups-
1. mike hanulec/larry fairtrace style
2. gee style

most racers who run Solaris tires week over week have one of these types of setups. i'd also recommend taking a look at either Kyle Klingforth/Bill Sydor/Art Scrimo from Mile High Race in 2014.
Old 10-28-2014, 05:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thanks Mike,

I will look them all over.

Patrick
Old 10-28-2014, 05:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Patrick,

I have had four local racers use the Hanulec/Fairtrace set up (snowbirds regardless of chassis type) and had success right off the bat. In all fairness to Gee and the Klingforths of course.

The two adjustments I make for my track is a softer rear bar (1.0) and currently swapping dampeners and in asymmetrical for the rear only. Some reports from the iic stated the track got to bumpy for this so maybe it only works on smoother tracks?

Monti
Old 10-28-2014, 06:15 AM
Tech Adept

Thats awesome, glad to here that interest is growing and there is the sales volume to justify a new dealer. Any chance you can at least name the province?
Old 10-28-2014, 06:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

i've only ever seen this from a Spool that was shimmed at the b10rs / dt02. it applied too much presume on the G03.

depending upon your link configuration, installing a flat head screw + cone washer can be used to prevent excess FFG movement.

its a shame you've made up your mind from one order in Nov 2013.

Its nothing against you guys its just the shipping prices are quite out there. Ive been told this from other drivers that i know here as well, that coupled with the duty and brokerage fees it make it super expensive to get some things from the states.
Old 10-28-2014, 06:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Its nothing against you guys its just the shipping prices are quite out there. Ive been told this from other drivers that i know here as well, that coupled with the duty and brokerage fees it make it super expensive to get some things from the states.
same here and I'm in TO
Old 10-28-2014, 07:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

these are some great suggestions.
i'd also recommend-
p20 or 2x st17-1-s
hard front bumper
titanium tie rods - survive crashes much better than the stock aluminum

am19 - for the rear of evo, or front and rear on a700l (requires shorter links)

am24 - floating servo mount or as-700l awesomatix servo
st21s - shorter steering tie rod
Thank you for the response fellas. That helps a lot!
Old 10-28-2014, 10:01 AM
Tech Adept

Is there a setup sheet for low grip carpet kicking around I could use as a starting point that has the AT21S and the CO1AL-S chassis? I would love to not have to change chassis plates when I go back and forth between event and club racing but we have really low grip carpet since it is a temporary ozite track we layout every two weeks. The stock chassis and AT21 works great on the club track but I haven't found a formula yet that sticks well enough with the AT21S and CO1AL-S in those conditions.
Old 10-28-2014, 05:13 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Is there a setup sheet for low grip carpet kicking around I could use as a starting point that has the AT21S and the CO1AL-S chassis? I would love to not have to change chassis plates when I go back and forth between event and club racing but we have really low grip carpet since it is a temporary ozite track we layout every two weeks. The stock chassis and AT21 works great on the club track but I haven't found a formula yet that sticks well enough with the AT21S and CO1AL-S in those conditions.
i think changing dampener/spring and sway bar setups could be enough to switch between low and high grip. removing top deck or some am33-5 screws should also help.

another option is to add some shims under the at21s. like 1.0mm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.