Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 09:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Jamison and Tony piloting shaft cars?? Say it aint so!
Old 07-13-2014, 10:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Smile

Join the Revolution......."The BERT REVOLUTION" ...LOL.......
Originally Posted by DaveW
Old 07-14-2014, 03:34 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DaveW
It's true. No dremel required for these shaft driven cars though:
Old 07-14-2014, 02:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hello,
I have an A700L and am starting to get the hang of this car.
The are in race ready condition weighs in at 1378g. this is ready to put on the track and drive it.
I have all the electronics on the left side of the car and have them as far outward as possible.
I am using an IP 7600mah 2S pack. I have it mounted inward as far as possible and yet still be able to plug in my esc.
I then put it on my hudy balancers to make sure it balanced left to right. It was right side (battery side) heavy. In order to make it balance, I need to add 50g of weight to the left of the car.
Is this normal?
Am I using too big of a battery?
Any other suggestions on what I may have done wrong or what to do to resolve this issue?

thanks,
tim
Old 07-14-2014, 03:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc_speed
Hello,
The are in race ready condition weighs in at 1378g. this is ready to put on the track and drive it.
I have all the electronics on the left side of the car and have them as far outward as possible.
I am using an IP 7600mah 2S pack. I have it mounted inward as far as possible and yet still be able to plug in my esc.
I then put it on my hudy balancers to make sure it balanced left to right. It was right side (battery side) heavy. In order to make it balance, I need to add 50g of weight to the left of the car.
Is this normal?
Any other suggestions on what I may have done wrong or what to do to resolve this issue?

thanks,

tim
Had the same issue, just put enough weight on the electronics side to get me up to 1380 and left it unbalanced. Otherwise I was weighing in at well over 1400
Old 07-14-2014, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc_speed
Hello,
Is this normal?

thanks,
tim
Tim, Kyle and I were able to balance our cars without adding to much weight using that same battery. Push your ESC and receiver out as far as you can and place weight on the outer edge of the servo.

I think batteries these days have far exceeded the needs for electric TC, even Mod. So your best solution is to buy a lightweight battery from 5000 to 6000 maH range. Some manufacturers are even reporting these batteries having better discharge curves than the large capacity. Look at SMCs in this range.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Anyone interested in trying something different for Mod asphalt racing this weekend? Give this setup a try. It's been performing very well for me at our outdoor asphalt track in CO.

2 things to note that many are not currently trying; standard L chassis, -8 deg of rear castor making the rear wheelbase shorter.

If your running Mod on carpet still this summer, PM me i have a good setup that only requires a few changes from this setup. It does require the ST27 & 28 to be good, but is decent without.
Attached Files
Old 07-15-2014, 04:52 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Oleg,

Some time a go You made a calculation of stiffness from the different chassis configurations.
How soft is the new Alloy Soft chassis compared to those ?
Did You also made the calculation with the Raceberry chassis?

Claude
Old 07-15-2014, 06:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by toroloco
Hi Oleg,
Some time a go You made a calculation of stiffness from the different chassis configurations.
How soft is the new Alloy Soft chassis compared to those ?
Did You also made the calculation with the Raceberry chassis?
Claude
New C01AL-S chassis has ~67% of C01L stiffness.
In conjunction with new AM30-5 "multi screwed point" stiffener this new chassis covers very wide range of stiffness.
Sorry, I don't have hard Raceberry chassis in my hands for measurements still.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:29 AM
Tech Addict

That looks like a good setup, Brent... and not too far off what I'm currently running on asphalt parking lots (I'm just sprung a bit softer in the rear than front). I'm curious, though - you indicate that you're running the C21 topdeck. Is this a smooth track or is it a bit bumpy? I struggled the first time out with the topdeck on - the car got really unstable over rough spots. Finally tried taking the topdeck off and presto - instantly dialed in! (Unfortunately I figured this out after the Mains - oh well. I'm prepared for next time!)

So from what I'm figuring out... high traction and smooth surface - use the topdeck. Lower traction and bumpy surface - no topdeck. Does that sound about right?
Old 07-15-2014, 07:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stogie
That looks like a good setup, Brent... and not too far off what I'm currently running on asphalt parking lots (I'm just sprung a bit softer in the rear than front). I'm curious, though - you indicate that you're running the C21 topdeck. Is this a smooth track or is it a bit bumpy? I struggled the first time out with the topdeck on - the car got really unstable over rough spots. Finally tried taking the topdeck off and presto - instantly dialed in! (Unfortunately I figured this out after the Mains - oh well. I'm prepared for next time!)

So from what I'm figuring out... high traction and smooth surface - use the topdeck. Lower traction and bumpy surface - no topdeck. Does that sound about right?
I think with a stiffer chassis and softer rear suspension than front, you'll definitely have inconsistencies on a bumpy track. Look up "ride frequency".
Old 07-15-2014, 08:13 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Oleg Babich
In conjunction with new AM30-5 "multi screwed point" stiffener this new chassis covers very wide range of stiffness.
Thank You Oleg.
It would be nice to have all data from all the option's C01AL-S with AM30-5.
What do You think will it be faster on a track like Luxembourg then the carbon L chassis?

Claude
Old 07-15-2014, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Stogie

I actually have not tried the car without a top deck yet on our track. I might try this next time we race, July 27th, to see how much of an impact it has on grip. Our track does have one decent bump in the sweeper which i sometimes have issues with the car breaking loose and this may help. However i have solved it with what i explain below.

I do agree with erchn on the rear being to soft. I ran into this problem at the Tamiya track in CA the first time i ran there. If the rear is to soft it will break loose very easily on bumps. My theory here is the inside tires lifts to much giving you less traction. When you stiffen the rear it helps keep both tires on the ground more giving you more traction.

One of the differences from my carpet setup to asphalt is stiffening the rear spring by 3 mm. So i run 4 mm gap on the top for carpet and 1 mm for asphalt. I know this seems backwards but it works.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by toroloco
Thank You Oleg.
It would be nice to have all data from all the option's C01AL-S with AM30-5.
What do You think will it be faster on a track like Luxembourg then the carbon L chassis?

Claude
I think that C01AL-S plus AM30-5 ( or AM30-1) with only one middle screw plus C21 top deck probably will be faster on that track.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Oleg Babich
Wow, this chassis looks very impressive, I would be scared of bending it...
Better on low/mid-grip outdoor tracks than C01AL? And for carpet track, will you recommend to use C01AL is stead of the soft one? (regarding this last point, will you soon restock C01AL or the C01AL-Soft replaces it finally)

Anyway, it is very pleasant to see all the pictures of parts on the website, nice job!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.