Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2013, 03:02 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks Oleg!

The very first runs with this car were yesterday, it performed faultlessly with only minor changes throughout the day for balance.

Can't compliment enough how well it responds to minor changes.
I'll get the set up I used posted after work today
Old 10-21-2013, 09:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Brand new EXL in a box for €390

Hi fellas, i have 2 units of Exl. Letting one go for €350 Pm me know if anyone interested

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)-image.jpg

Last edited by RGKL; 10-22-2013 at 08:54 PM.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Oleg Babich
Congratulations for our UK driver Luke Hobson!

Luke won Stock Class at Essex Winter Series 2013-14 Rd1.

Four Awesomatix cars were in A final of Stock.
2013 BTCC Champion Richard King finished 6th in Pro Stock.

http://www.redrc.net/2013/10/essex-w...rt/#more-72833
Well done Luke car looked very good all day
R Clarke was unlucky on first corner pile up better luck next time
And well done to Steve Hendry and mark young for making the'A'

Richard king
Old 10-21-2013, 11:11 AM
Tech Rookie

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X5-Io-s...3DX5-Io-sQ6ps#

This is the 13.5 boosted class A final from EWS that Oleg mentioned above
I started in 4th but finished 6th after a big crash at 2.30 min
Old 10-21-2013, 03:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I have my A700 now for the USGT running 21.5, indoor carpet small track like 40 x 70......I do use some brakes for the infield, however, whenever I was pushing the brake, the car will make some "CLICKING" noise like I am stripping my spur gear.............however, I was not stripping any gear and I ran like 4 packs of batteries yesterday........drive train is free the whole day and I cannot tell where is the clicking noise came from. That only happen when I push the brake....

Anyone has any idea...?
Old 10-21-2013, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
I have my A700 now for the USGT running 21.5, indoor carpet small track like 40 x 70......I do use some brakes for the infield, however, whenever I was pushing the brake, the car will make some "CLICKING" noise like I am stripping my spur gear.............however, I was not stripping any gear and I ran like 4 packs of batteries yesterday........drive train is free the whole day and I cannot tell where is the clicking noise came from. That only happen when I push the brake....

Anyone has any idea...?
Are you using plastic gears in the rear diff?
Old 10-21-2013, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by r king
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X5-Io-s...3DX5-Io-sQ6ps#

This is the 13.5 boosted class A final from EWS that Oleg mentioned above
I started in 4th but finished 6th after a big crash at 2.30 min
Looks slippery out there.

-Mike
Old 10-21-2013, 05:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Lots of traction rolling in that race !!!
Old 10-22-2013, 12:02 AM
Tech Addict

Here's the 17.5 final if anyone's not seen it yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kJBzbu4TwM&sns=em

The track is quite big, and we run on Sorex 32's, the traction isn't bad at all, just it doesn't tend to groove the track at all

Luke
Old 10-22-2013, 12:03 AM
Tech Addict

Last edited by Luke Hobson; 10-22-2013 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Double post
Old 10-22-2013, 03:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
I do use some brakes for the infield, however, whenever I was pushing the brake, the car will make some "CLICKING" noise like I am stripping my spur geardrive train is free the whole day and I cannot tell where is the clicking noise came from. That only happen when I push the brake....

Anyone has any idea...?
I agree with where Brent is going if you are using plastic diff gears. Grab and hold a rear wheel and the spur and give the other wheel a spin to see if the clicking noise shows up. Or even spin the drivetrain (without pinion) by hand and quickly grab one of the rear wheels.

Or pull the diff out (its so quick and easy to do) and give the gears a look over and if you can see significant gear material in the fluid and add a .1mm shim behind the outdrive gear.

You should hitch a ride with Dave Arnold sometime and come check out the freshly carpeted GR track!

Mike Slaughter
Old 10-22-2013, 05:57 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by grippgoat
Looks slippery out there.

-Mike
Hi Mike, the grip is OK, we decided to select a tyre that would blacken the carpet to much because with 11 rolls at £750 each, it gets kinda costly as you can imagine. This was also our first round back after the long summer break so the rug needed to clean up but by the end of the day it was good.

On a car note, Luke did a great job taking all 4 rounds, I would have had rd2 but got nailed by a back marker.

As Richard King said, in the stock class, the A700's ruled with 4 cars in the top 10 (1st/3rd/4th/9th). This is the car to have in the blinky class without any question!!
Our round 2 is on the 17th of November, you can keep informed with live timing on rcracingtv.net if your interested?

Richard.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:34 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The most interesting thing to me about that track, besides the complete lack of groove is how you can all blow through the "tips" of the turns without penalty because of the way they're designed. On a boards track, there would have been like 8,000 crashes because of those lines. It seems a lot more forgiving. I can't tell if that's a good thing or not, but I think it might be.

I wonder if that's why the European racers sometimes struggle when coming to the US style tracks.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:54 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by syndr0me
The most interesting thing to me about that track, besides the complete lack of groove is how you can all blow through the "tips" of the turns without penalty because of the way they're designed. On a boards track, there would have been like 8,000 crashes because of those lines. It seems a lot more forgiving. I can't tell if that's a good thing or not, but I think it might be.

I wonder if that's why the European racers sometimes struggle when coming to the US style tracks.
"blow through the tip of the turns? do you mean ride on to the corners because the corners are made from a high grade ply and have been profiled with an angle like you would find on an outdoor track? You spotted the lack of crashing which we feel is a good thing (kinder track+less breakages=happy racer).
This is a unique feature of the EWS tracks and not common on other EU tracks, just like the size of the track. From what I've seen on youtube of the larger events held in the USA & EU, the tracks look some what smaller. EWS is 38mtr X 22mtr in size. Its not a normal sized track for the UK scene (its much larger).
I can't comment on historical successes of European racers on the State side indoor tracks. I very much doubt the way we construct our EWS tracks has anything to do with who or how well they perform on your side of the pond.

Anyway, glad you watched the video.
Old 10-22-2013, 08:58 AM
Tech Addict

The corners have properly chamfered curbs... Like real racing circuits, and you can drive over them like real racing circuits.

Less breakages is never a bad thing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.