Warpspeed Demon and Demon 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Warpspeed Demon and Demon 2

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2004, 02:45 PM
Regional Moderator

Car ran great all day, except for one torn up outdrive (DRIVER ERROR, as usual). I qualified and finished last, but I think I had a top 3 car. Actually, I was running 3rd for a while and held off 4th place until he fell back some and another guy started fighting with me for 3rd. I messed up and hit a pipe and (I think) the crystal got knocked loose, because it wasn't very responsive for a little while and I put the car down again and it ran. I ended up running one of my fastest times so far on this new layout after I got back on the track. I was a bit bummed that I couldn't have stayed in the race, but there's always next week, and I'll be running oval tomorrow night at Quaker Steak & Lube.
Old 05-30-2004, 02:51 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

yeah,toni was layin down some heat out there and lynn looked real good also.too hot today though

geoff,i have come across a problem like that with my car.does the car just twitch like its turning on and then shut down?
Old 05-30-2004, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the car runs perfect for about 10 seconds and then it just shuts off (no steering or throttle and no power) then after sitting there for about 10 seconds itll start back up again like its fine...a repetitive cycle of this...

i put the same electronics in my newly purchased nitro car and boy was that a mistake i never seen a car shut off with the nitro at full throttle and go barrelling into a steel door frame at about 50 or so all i could do was watch...funniest thing ive ever seen but it cost me a few bucks with all the damage it did
Old 05-30-2004, 04:56 PM
Regional Moderator

Geoff - I had the same problem and it turned out to be that the servo had shorted out. The light for the esc would go on and it would start up and then turn off again. My suggestion would be to send it back to the manufacturer.
Old 05-30-2004, 06:20 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

yeah,i would say either the servo is done in,the receiver,or the crystals bro.thats all i can think of.damn,i had my nitro car take off on me like that when i forgot to change the model in my radio.ouch,i had to sweep it of the track and pick parts out of the fence along the side of the track.
Old 05-30-2004, 10:04 PM
Tech Elite

yea time to change the servo...ive always been using the Airtronics 94257 for the past 6 years or so on and off-road racing...only servos ive ever owned since i never had a problem with them till this season...i just picked up a new 50 dollar JR servo as a throttle servo for my nitro car. Ill have to throw that in my Warpspeed and try 'er out!

I wouldn't think it would be my controller or receiver since everything worked fine in my B4 this past season...also got brand new Novak receiver and ESC's in the Warpspeed.
Old 06-01-2004, 10:25 AM
Tech Elite

I am writting on behalf of Mr Warspeed he would like to appologize to those that are waiting for their orders , and anyoneone who has been calling for help.
Mr warspeed is currently moving into a new facility and thanks everyone for beeing patient and understanding.

If you need any questions answered feel free to ask me I am on her on his part to answer all and any questions.

Thank you .
Hector Garcia.
Team warpspeed.
Old 06-01-2004, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Reedy Race Report

Well, Reedy 2004 is over. It was an intense four days, but I had a lot of fun. We pitted across from a couple of Florida boys...the Bowser brothers...Dave and Robert. They represented Florida real well. Dave qualified fourth in the A. Robert ran strong too but had some bad luck. The end was disappointing for me (got taken out in the main), I had a lot of bad luck during the weekend, but I had a pretty good weekend none the less. Last year, I was the slow guy in a fast group and spent three qualifiers trying to get out of everyone's way. This year, I was the fast guy in a slow group and spent most of my time trying to avoid people.

I ran the D2 and I have to say...it was awesome. I don't think the car could have been better. I finished third in the F main last year, but after three rounds of qualifying on Saturday, I was sitting in 25th spot (middle of the C main). My times were fast enough to put me with the B main group after the reshuffle for Sunday's final qualifier. I really needed a good run in the last qual to make the B though and had a car good enough but had motor issues and lacked the speed to make the time I was looking for. The car handled so well though, I still turned 21 laps and improved my overall time to stay in the C. Bad luck in the main though. I started last on the grid, but my car was FAST. I went from last to fourth in one lap and was charging hard but the last guy I passed tried a litlle too hard (he had no chance of a clean pass) to get that spot back and plowed into me. Then the car behind him hit me and broke me. Out after a lap . What really sucked was Scotty wasn't looking at that moment so the guy that hit me didn't even get called on it. Oh well, there's always next year.

I want to say thanks to Howard Hudson for his help this weekend. We'll get'm next year buddy.
Old 06-01-2004, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

good job dotman. I dont know if dave bowser told you he was a warpspeed driver beforehand! He is from the same local track here in florida as me. we rub fenders all the time! They are really good guys to hang out with.
glad you did better then last year hopefully next year you will make the show behind me!
Old 06-01-2004, 02:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks...the Reedy Race the last two years is the only major event I've ever attended. I have to be honest, I've felt a little intimidated the last two years, but that's changed now. I feel I can make the show. Hopefully, you me and Howie will finish 1, 2, 3 next year (ME in first of course ). My car was DA BOMB. I know it's an old expression but it fits. My car exploded all over the track this weekend. This is definitely an A Main car...there's no question in my mind. I just need a little more track time with it. Unfortunately, I don't get to race as much as I'd like.
Old 06-01-2004, 04:26 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Reedy Race Report

Originally posted by DOTMAN

I want to say thanks to Howard Hudson for his help this weekend. We'll get'm next year buddy.
Dot..... no thanks needed You were on fire at this race and I wasnt but no matter. I felt what was needed is to help the faster of the two of us at this race . You did a excelent job BRO c-ya sunday
Old 06-02-2004, 08:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Dumb question

I recently picked up a used D1 and was wondering what size hinge pins & spacers are used in the rear and were I might be able to get some spares in case I bend or lose them.

Thanks
Old 06-02-2004, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Stone the hinge pins are the standerd tc3 ones unless the car has the adjustable wheel base version which in that case i guarantee you wont bend those they are made of carbide still. If anything they will snap but its very unlikely that will happen but hey anything can happen.

the way you can tell if you have an adjustable d-1 is look at the inboard hinge pins if there are no spacers and the arm is fixed in one spot then its none adjustable, standerd tc3 hinge pins will work If there are spacers and you can move the arm forward or back via spacers then you have the adjustable d-1 and they are carbide pins which at that point if you'd like wait till the middle of june so Mr warspeed gets the shop up and running again.
If you need a quick fix go to your local hobby store get some piano wire in the same dia and cut to length for a temporary fix. good luck.

Hector Garcia
Team Warpspeed.
Old 06-02-2004, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

threw the Warp.TC3 back on the track after awhile of not being able to race cause of work and rain as well as glitching...This thing is a rocket!!
Old 06-02-2004, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default D1 Carpet Setup Rubber & Foam

Hello Everyone,

Just finished putting my D1 together and took a few pratice laps tonight on the carpet with rubber tires. On speed steering was AWESOME compared to my FTTC3. However at part throttle I had alot over oversteer. Setup was mirrored from my FTTC3 which is close to the Barry Baker Trackside rubber/carpet setup. I tried searching the forum for setups, but didnt find much. Anyone willing to share their D1 setups?

Thanks,
Jimmy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.