Old 03-16-2004, 03:46 PM
Tech Elite

cool
Old 03-16-2004, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default SPOOL

Originally posted by DOTMAN
I understand. I appreciate the info because the Reedy Race is coming up and they also outlawed one-ways so I will be testing the car with a spool and a 19T next time out. Now I have something to try if the car doesn't respond well to adding a spool. I just hope I get in. I'd really like to see what the D2 will do against a top field of racers.
LOSI 6 degree C-hubs and losi Knuckles

with a SPOOL, gave me tremendous on and off power steering, plus good turn in and exit!

You could tryif you have time and spare LOSI C-hubs.it made the warp handle on rails! Got 1st in the Bmain!!!! that's a big feat since I always finish last!

Peace and Happy Racing!
Old 03-16-2004, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks, I'm using Losi knuckles with 4 degree right now. can't wait to try the spool
Old 03-16-2004, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by DOTMAN
Thanks, I'm using Losi knuckles with 4 degree right now. can't wait to try the spool
Hope it works for you as it did for me, if you still need additional on power stering or there is understeer you could try it out.

Good luck with the Race!!!

PS: i got that tip somewhere in this thread.

Peace and Happy Racing!
Old 03-17-2004, 01:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Smile D1

Well its been a couple of weeks since I got my D1,all I can say is wow!I have improved my lap times by atleast a second per lap + I am on the verge of increasaing my laps by two. there has been a consistant improvement since I bolted the demon in.KUDOS TO WARPSPEED.MY improvements have created quite an interest in the chasis at my track.
Old 03-17-2004, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

me too. d1 is a bullet on carpet. On practice Though. Will have to wait 3 weeks For next carpet Race
Old 03-17-2004, 02:14 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Can someone get me a real and scientific answer as to why the Demon chassis "eliminates torque steer" as I have heard claimed many times? I hear it alot but not backed up. If I am to print it in the magazine it needs to be correct.

Thanks.
Old 03-17-2004, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Shane, call Vic, he's the engineer (literally is one) behind the car.
Old 03-17-2004, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

shane it has to do with the inertial movement of the forces to get the car moving which inturn under hard acceleration for a 2 or 3 tenths of a second causes the car to launch wierd (torque steer) its like trying to ride a bike and when you pedel hard the bikes rear wheel wants to kick out.

moving the engine to the left side causes the effect to be minimal if not eliminate it which he has.

they probobly didnt notic this when they designed it because the motors back then and batteries werent as powerfull.

thats my edumacated theory but victor has the 100% low down.
Old 03-17-2004, 02:41 PM
R/C Tech Founder

I guess what I don't understand is why the motor being on one side or the other would matter. Either way the mass of the motor is at the same spot longitudinally in the chassis, it's just on the other side. How could that possibly affect the torque steer?

I could see a change in going from a tub to a plate chassis affecting it, but I don't see how moving the motor from one side to the other could do anything.

The only -- and I do mean ONLY -- thing you are changing is the direction of rotation of the motor in relation to the centerline of the chassis. In the TC3's original design, the motor is rotating towards the outside of the chassis, whereas on the Demon the motor is rotating towards the chassis' centerline (Brian, this is what you and I talked about some time ago). It is conceivable that under hard acceleration, this could twist or otherwise malform the chassis (though I doubt so on the tub).

I'm not at all being critical of the car, I'm just trying to better understand it.
Old 03-17-2004, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Actually shane the motor is rotating out toward the chassis' side in the Demon configuration. It is rotating toward the center in the TC3 config. I think that in the Demon configuration, since it wants to rotate toward the outside, it wants to pull the other side of the chassis with it, but since the heavy batteries are on the other side, they cancel each other out.
Old 03-17-2004, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

if your spinning the motor outwards then the inertia movement is oppesite of the movement inwards which makes the car kick out like when you pedal.

why do you think they put the nitro engine on the left instead of the right because a nitro engine prouduces more intertial movent then an electric car. the motor jerks one way but the leverage that occurs at the gears causes it to jerk oppesite so the end result is tourque steer. i hope this sh!t made sense!
Old 03-17-2004, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by futureal
I Either way the mass of the motor is at the same spot longitudinally in the chassis, it's just on the other side. How could that possibly affect the torque steer?
the tub).
My guess but Im always Wrong is That the Diff gears are on teh Right side of car. So maybe has to do with that.
Old 03-17-2004, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

Im Wrong!
Old 03-17-2004, 03:26 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Yea, I had the directions flipped. But the concept is the same.

I guess I am not sold on the fact that the stock TC3's chassis flexes under acceleration enough to make a difference...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.