Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Top on-road facility closing down in calif. >

Top on-road facility closing down in calif.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Top on-road facility closing down in calif.

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 02:58 PM
Suspended

Default Top on-road facility closing down in calif.

I read yesterday on Craig’s list, that speedworld raceway and hobbies in California is closing down or selling? Can anybody confirm this? Speedworld is defiantly one of the top rated and cleanest facilities in the country for the last 10 years. This will be a sad day if this is really true. I know the owner has given a lot to this hobby like most but defiantly too all the racers of the many years. I had tried calling yesterday and today but no answer.

This is extremely sad ……….
Old 11-01-2008, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitroballer9
I read yesterday on Craig’s list, that speedworld raceway and hobbies in California is closing down or selling? Can anybody confirm this? Speedworld is defiantly one of the top rated and cleanest facilities in the country for the last 10 years. This will be a sad day if this is really true. I know the owner has given a lot to this hobby like most but defiantly too all the racers of the many years. I had tried calling yesterday and today but no answer.

Where on craigslist?
Old 11-01-2008, 03:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitroballer9

I can't find anything on craigslist about it ...are you sure you aren't smokin the peace pipe?
Old 11-01-2008, 04:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Uh-oh, I just talked to Billy about this last week. He said he was looking to sell off his current inventory to catch up on some bills. I think he is getting hit pretty hard by the economy. He mentioned having a store-wide sale in the next couple weeks. I HOPE that would be enough to keep him afloat until the warm weather comes back.
Old 11-01-2008, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Darn sorry to hear that guys i know a lot of peopl who use to race at a track in the winter (horsham) and all of a sudden it closed down. Is there any way you guys could get a indoor track? I hope that it doesn't close down.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks RC for clarify that up.

It was C.L. for two weeks and did receive some interest, we will see what happens on that.

SPEEDWORLD IS NOT CLOSING DOWN. WE HAVE UNTIL END OF FEBUARY TO TAKE CAR OF BUSINESS

SpeedWorld will be having a super sale in the next two weeks. Everything will be sold in the hobby shop at cost or better. I hope this can and will help pay off some of old bills that accrued from our last hobby shop that was closed down in 2006. Business is still very good at SpeedWorld Raceway and holding it’s own; it just no longer can carry old debt from the second hobby shop SpeedWorld 2 that was closed down.

All I really care about right now is paying off the old bills from 2006 and keeping the SpeedWorld Raceway track opened. If I don’t have a hobby shop for 6 months or so then it is what it is. I have worked hard for the last two years to avoid coming to this conclusion.

SpeedWorld is FOR SALE if it has to go to that level, but I am trying to avoid that if possible.

Billy Bowerman
www.speedworldraceway.com
Old 11-01-2008, 10:32 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Conducting aggressive board meetings at my local track
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

I'm on the East Coast and have seen many racing facilities become victim to the economic problems. Just saw the pics of the track. WOW! Very nice. The more racers who can help this place stay open by purchasing what ever they need from the store's current inventory, the better. Terrific track. I wish you all the best of luck. Hey, and just because the store is selling everything at cost, don't be afraid to give the place some of that money you just saved. Every little bit will help.
Old 11-02-2008, 05:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpraydbySprague
I'm on the East Coast and have seen many racing facilities become victim to the economic problems. Just saw the pics of the track. WOW! Very nice. The more racers who can help this place stay open by purchasing what ever they need from the store's current inventory, the better. Terrific track. I wish you all the best of luck. Hey, and just because the store is selling everything at cost, don't be afraid to give the place some of that money you just saved. Every little bit will help.
Billy if you need any help just as we be there.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

not from anywhere near there... but back here cooperatives have helped businesses survive. might want to consider it (if there's enough "love" from the local racers and bashers).