R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   XRAY T2’009 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/250900-xray-t2%92009.html)

Skiddins 11-27-2008 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by maxrcp (Post 5100762)
sorry, i don´t know what ECs are you talking about...

this one? http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...0Steel%99%20(1)

Yes.

I assume they aren't included due to the cost, I have some and it will be interesting to see how they last.

Skiddins

magerp 11-27-2008 03:39 PM

Thats too bad they aren't included. Xray should include the latest and greatest technology in a kit they just released. But thats just my $.02

maxrcp 11-27-2008 03:57 PM

thats disgusting, they should came eith the new kit for the price....:weird:
thaks for atetntion
it makes me thing about another kit to buy or go for 008 for $ 350 :(

K.Copeland 11-27-2008 04:02 PM

The "unique" front driveshafts will be equipped with the t2'2010 next summer. Doesn't the Losi have these same driveshafts?

The 09 was an overnight fix to keep revenue coming in while reducing inventory.

ChrisP 11-27-2008 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by blee (Post 5100574)
Not included, you have to spend another $90 to get a pair of ECS.

I thought the ECS drive shafts are included in 09 kit conceptually........ since they didn't win in the world race and have to low down the price in order to sell out the cars..... therefore the ECSs are not included....... my 2 cents. ;)

I wonder they will have a 09-EVO later. :sneaky:

Product presentations and documentation for the T2'009 were released prior to the worlds, showing the lightweight drivetrain components, but NOT the ECS components as being included.

There was no change to the scope of delivery.

blee 11-27-2008 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by maxrcp (Post 5100972)
thats disgusting, they should came eith the new kit for the price....:weird:
thaks for atetntion
it makes me thing about another kit to buy or go for 008 for $ 350 :(

You'd better wait for their 2009-EVO......... (from history) their action is very fast if they knew their 09 is not as good as expected. Don't forget now is winter in North America and Europe, tons of indoor activities. If they release a revised version in next month or January 09, they still could catch up some business since indoor EP activites will be ended at May of 09. As everybody know, summer is GP season, who care about EP stuff. ;)

zacabrandy 11-28-2008 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by blee (Post 5102144)
As everybody know, summer is GP season, who care about EP stuff. ;)

And here I was, sitting at my computer down here in Australia truely believing the world revolved around the SUN.:confused::weird:

Cheers
Aaron

gfarb 11-28-2008 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by RCBuddha (Post 5089282)
Anyone know how much shipping usually runs from Hong Kong to the USA? The T2'008 price is pretty tempting to say the least...

Ordered the 009 from RC Market Sunday received it today. Paid for EMS shipping $47. Not bad from HK.

Thanks, RC Market!

RCBuddha 11-28-2008 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by gfarb (Post 5103423)
Ordered the 009 from RC Market Sunday received it today. Paid for EMS shipping $47. Not bad from HK.

Thanks, RC Market!

Thanks for the information. :nod:

05forfun 11-28-2008 04:04 PM

If the shock is connected to the suspension arm and moves up and down with it then they are part unsprung, part sprung weight. Roughly you can say 50/50.

Originally Posted by beta bob (Post 5003952)
The shocks aren't aluminum because they shave off weight. But my question to that is are shocks sprung or unsprung weight?

rx7ttlm 12-05-2008 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by blee (Post 5102144)
You'd better wait for their 2009-EVO......... (from history) their action is very fast if they knew their 09 is not as good as expected. Don't forget now is winter in North America and Europe, tons of indoor activities. If they release a revised version in next month or January 09, they still could catch up some business since indoor EP activites will be ended at May of 09. As everybody know, summer is GP season, who care about EP stuff. ;)

What are you talking about? EVERYONE knows the EP xray TC come out at the end of the year each year. The 008 /9 is a very capable car. and The idea behind adding updates to the 009 from the 008 is so that if you buy a new kit you don't have to buy upgrades to have a current spec car. If you don't like the new revisions every year. Don't buy one every year. simple. Be happy they do development. I ran for Team L0$! for a while and they refused to update / correct problems. So stop complaining.. The 009 makes the A Main at the worlds in the hands of a 15 year old. and you say its not a good car? lol. And my cars are 008 cars with the new bits bolted on... hence my cars being competitive for 2 years....

rx7ttlm 12-05-2008 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by blee (Post 5100574)
Not included, you have to spend another $90 to get a pair of ECS.

I thought the ECS drive shafts are included in 09 kit conceptually........ since they didn't win in the world race and have to low down the price in order to sell out the cars..... therefore the ECSs are not included....... my 2 cents. ;)

I wonder they will have a 09-EVO later. :sneaky:

Man, are you sure your not a serpent guy? cause you don't seem to have anything positive to say about one of the best cars around. Has nothing to do with winning the worlds, if you look at the photos from the get go there was no ECS shaft included with the 009. Name one company that includes EVERY hopup on the first edition of a car? Not kyosho, not serpent, none that I can think of. It also weighs more and one of the goals of the 009 was to reduce unsprung / rotating mass. As you MIGHT be able to guess the ECS shafts add weight.

Don't drive angry man....and the reason Mark won the worlds and Hara was right on his tail was because they are exceptional drivers. If mark would have shown up with a XXX-S he still would have been bad fast. Worlds races just like any other are affected by luck in the qualifiers.. if you have a bad qualifier during a rocket round that can make the difference. Smile, its an Xray...

Swampracer 12-05-2008 07:00 AM

Changes

Are there any changes to the main lower chassis between the 008 and the 009. I would like to use Manutech's brass Lipo plate on the new 009.

Thanks

rx7ttlm 12-05-2008 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by Swampracer (Post 5130863)
Are there any changes to the main lower chassis between the 008 and the 009. I would like to use Manutech's brass Lipo plate on the new 009.

Thanks

the chassis for the foam car stayed the same, the chassis for the rubber car had minimal change. I think they spaced the battery over one mm or so.

RC Huligan 12-05-2008 09:30 AM

I talked with Ralph Burch at RC America this morning and the XRAY T2'009 has a price & delivery date. The T2'009 will cost $505 in the US and RCA should have them late next week. Follow the link for more details.