Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2897Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2012, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

The front shocks just look out of place on the f1 chassis.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'd like to invite anyone who might have a little extra free time during the holidays to our 2nd points race of the season Dec. 30th at hobby stop west. ( in Toledo Oh. )We are expecting around 20 local f1 racers. The competition at this track is extremely high. I'd put our top 5 against any other top five from any other track in the country. So if you can make it come get some !

These are the rules we play by.

21.5 blinky 2 cell

Pardus tires

These rules are pretty much the same as the popular UF1 class minus not allowing a wider then 180mm car and using a spec tire. They seem to be doing a good job with promoting the class and hopefully it will help us pull some good numbers and have 20+ cars every week.

[COLOR="Blue"]Chassis rules for the Toledo F1 Class

All chassis platforms must be 180mm in width or narrower and contain a Formula 1 style front end. The width can not exceed the pre set width of 180mm. The use of a widening kit is prohibited. Examples of this are but are not limited to the R-sector widening kit and Tamiya F103 front end and using F103 wheels and tires.

Any Straight Axle chassis will be allowed, currently we will not allow any independent rear axle car to participate. Examples of this are but are not limited to the FGX F1 car.

Chassis may use either pivot ball with link or T-plate rear suspension system. The use of a conversion kit is ok to go from one type to the other. Examples of this are but are not limited to Exotek F1R and TRG Roll Damper or similar.

Any front end used off of a pan car will NOT be allowed. Examples of this are but are not limited to AE reactive caster front end, Corally F1 and Top Rebel front end.

Any purpose built F1 specific after market upper arm front end modification to allow for castor and camber adjustment will be allowed. Examples of this are but are not limited to the Exotek and Tamiya adjustable arm

Last edited by Dasmopar; 12-16-2012 at 08:53 PM. Reason: im an idiot
Old 12-16-2012, 09:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Lotus
Thank you for helping to clear that up. It appears that some of the info I have read in the past about F1 racing over there is not accurate.
Well I'm a bit confused by the release as you guys are.

My understanding is that Japan is moving towards rules only allowing a king pin front and a rear solid axle. Not sure how this F113 would fit into any race program. Also not sure what the point is - if F1 guys want to race these, why not move to the TC class?

More strange evidence is Serpent developing a similar car as the F113, but then delaying production to redesign it based on next year's rule changes. Why wouldn't 3Racing do the same?

Really, the big reason why you shouldn't care too much about what is happening in Asia is the fact the we are allowed to use gyros. And you have to use them to be competitive. Most, or all, of the factory guys use them too.

Have fun
Old 12-16-2012, 09:05 PM
Tech Addict

Seems like no one wants this class to grow
Old 12-16-2012, 09:10 PM
Tech Adept

I do actually find it ironic that the scale version of a racing series at the forefront of innovation and revolutionary development is still stuck firmly past and doesn't seem to want to change
Old 12-16-2012, 09:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Vostok 7
I do actually find it ironic that the scale version of a racing series at the forefront of innovation and revolutionary development is still stuck firmly past and doesn't seem to want to change
Exactly, F1 racing is the pinnacle of motorsports.......
Old 12-17-2012, 03:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Feel free to develop a $600 f1 car that is superior to everything else (so you must have it to be competitive) and at least as adjustable as a sedan but without 4wd stability. Then see how many racers you have. It is hard enough with simple straight axle cars.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

After 12 months and 18 races, we had our trophy awarding yesterday. Finally real trophies and not my usual photoshop hehe.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:23 AM
Tech Champion

It isn't about progress or holding it back. Its about having a cohesive set of rules that everyone can follow. If you had a 4wd pan car do you think it would be allowed to run in the TC class with a TC body? I seriously doubt it. If you think about it that means F1 in many places in the US is more cutting edge since many places in the US allow the FGX to compete side by side with the F104 and other pan car based F1 cars.

Even full sized F1 has evolved more toward similar cars. It used to be you would see major differences in car design from one manufacturer to the next. Today they are all so close in design that in our RC F1 cars we use only 1 or 2 different body types to paint up any of the current full sized liveries. Innovative design is still there in modern F1 cars but it tends to be less noticeable.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:44 AM
Tech Adept

what could some say is the best chassis for racing?
thanks!
Old 12-17-2012, 05:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

anyone try installing an rm01 pitch damper on a WGP or X1?

pix would be appreciated.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ME-student
Exactly, F1 racing is the pinnacle of motorsports.......
Originally Posted by InspGadgt
It isn't about progress or holding it back. Its about having a cohesive set of rules that everyone can follow. If you had a 4wd pan car do you think it would be allowed to run in the TC class with a TC body? I seriously doubt it. If you think about it that means F1 in many places in the US is more cutting edge since many places in the US allow the FGX to compete side by side with the F104 and other pan car based F1 cars.

Even full sized F1 has evolved more toward similar cars. It used to be you would see major differences in car design from one manufacturer to the next. Today they are all so close in design that in our RC F1 cars we use only 1 or 2 different body types to paint up any of the current full sized liveries. Innovative design is still there in modern F1 cars but it tends to be less noticeable.
Everything ever built, anywhere in the world, is outdated as soon as it hits the market

Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a series that allowed for any car design, without any stops on advancement

The UF1 series pulls around 40 fun luvin competitors every race
Just imagine how many more they would have with open chassis rules
Old 12-17-2012, 10:41 AM
Tech Addict

Wink

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Everything ever built, anywhere in the world, is outdated as soon as it hits the market

Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a series that allowed for any car design, without any stops on advancement

The UF1 series pulls around 40 fun luvin competitors every race
Just imagine how many more they would have with open chassis rules
I totally agree with you. UF1 is the right direction. I was referring to those clubs that's limited to 180mm and solid axle.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

It would be nice if there was a UF1 in my area where I can race F1 year round.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xevias
The F113 would be illegal in our Shanghai F1 league. I believe it wouldn't pass in Japan either.

There are a lot of people in China that buy cars and don't race, so this may be targeted towards Chinese F1 bashers. Or 3Racing already developed the car hedging their bets that it would be legal.
Indi suspension is allowed in Japan,Nobody buys 3Racing in Japan. 200mm Tamiyas outside of TCS,In TCS here in Japan F104s only.
Gyros are used for some F1 events,basically for the over power cars. Silver cans dont use Gyros at most events.
F1 is dying here in Japan,its going back to where it was 6 years ago. Slightly underground 200mm foam,silver can no gyros with a little F104 thrown for the narrow cars that are run in real F1 these days.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.