Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2897Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 07:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Very good idea. Say charge an extra dollar at each points race for this class specifically that goes directly to the champions race sponsorship fund. So if you get 16 guys racing every week, and that's only 2 or 3 heats mind you, over a 10 week or longer race season, there would be $160 or more in the fund for a champs race. That might motivate the club level racer on a shoestring budget to try and compete a little more and take the class more seriously. If it gets to be too big, make it a ladder system. It would take some thought, but I could see that. I still nominate you to be the Bernie of RC F1.

Originally Posted by mxrich
I was looking at the thread for a national points system. As usual there were several people with many many ideas and nothing getting done.

Tell me if you guys like this plan.

Considering the distance involved from one coast to another would cost a fortune. Why not take the idea of the MX series. East coast series and westcoast.You can have a champion in each. If, and I mean "IF" someone could get it together let the top X numbers duke it out in middle ground like Arkansas or any track in the middle that could hold the event. Then you would have a national champion. Just a thought. The Texas track would be a good place. I'm sure it would get the texastc seal of approval.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JamesHealey
I know there's the temptation to drive the nuts off these things! But driving a bit slower to look after the car will bring more fun! Than planting it into the wall.

Gotta finish first, win later!
you know your right, and I have been thinking the same thing. You get so caught up with trying to be the fastest car with gearing and what not. Trying to get faster and faster, but really, straight line speed doesnt help at the end of a straight. Matter of fact, one of the fastest drivers in our F1 class drives a 25.5. And he is damn fast. But I am the fastest back to the pits
Old 01-21-2012, 07:54 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by texastc
you know your right, and I have been thinking the same thing. You get so caught up with trying to be the fastest car with gearing and what not. Trying to get faster and faster, but really, straight line speed doesnt help at the end of a straight. Matter of fact, one of the fastest drivers in our F1 class drives a 25.5. And he is damn fast. But I am the fastest back to the pits
I'm sure you know this already but the fastest way through a corner is slow entry and fast exit, it's all about getting the power down on the exit off the apex, entry speed helps but getting the right line and the power down as early as possible off the apex is the ticket, especially with the power to weight ratio and mental acceleration of these cars..
Old 01-21-2012, 08:01 AM
Tech Master

oh yes definitely. My main problem with breaking lately actually is C clips coming off. I think I have that problem fixed. I wasn't running enough spacers on the kingpin, and it was rubbing the wheels. So I lost C clips every race last week.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I run an extra 0.5mm of spacing on the king pin to keep the springs pre-loaded, deffo helps.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer robert
Back when I first started racing rc cars back in Jr high one of my first kits was a tamiya f103 with a lotus body. Had a blast with it doing parking lot racing at the old socal in garden grove and at the various hobby shack races. Even went to tamiya America in aliso vieho. Just had the kit foams and traction compound was not allowed so it did not work very good but that is a beatiful facility. Fast forward about 15 years and I once again have a f103. Scored a good deal on a 15th anniversary on eBay, few months after that an auction came along with an old f103 that included an unpainted body and full decal set for the lotus. I put a few bids in but lost the auction. I only wanted it for the body set and spare chassis parts. Then a few days later one of my fellow racers at the local track wants to show me a car he just won on eBay. Turns out he is the one who out bid me and there is the car and the much saught after lotus body set. That livery ment a lot to me since it was one of my first cars. To him it does not really matter, he just wants any body to throw on his car and was not looking forward to painting it. I offered some cash plus trade for one of my bodies and the deal was done! Now I get to race the lotus 107b again driven by Alex Zanardi! Just like 15 years ago. I am much better at putting decals on than I was back then, first race is tomorrow.
Nice looking ride, definitely on my list of cars to do
Old 01-21-2012, 08:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks bp, the car worked great today. Got TQ and a win with a foam tire corally on my heels all day. Had TQ by a couple seconds and won the main by a couple tenths!
Old 01-21-2012, 09:15 PM
Tech Master

Here's the suspects in today's F1 class at Mikes. Couple of new faces today, couple of new cars. And even an honest to goodness F1 Paintlab painted body. And we didn't mess it up. Its the Redbull car.
Old 01-22-2012, 12:03 AM
Tech Regular

[QUOTE=texastc;10207486] And even an honest to goodness F1 Paintlab painted body. And we didn't mess it up. Its the Redbull car.
QUOTE]

was that because it was out in front?
Old 01-22-2012, 07:14 AM
Tech Adept

i believe that is a f10 at lewis's feet!
Attached Thumbnails 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-lewis-hamilton-06%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old 01-22-2012, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eff one
Looks like one
Old 01-22-2012, 11:57 AM
Tech Master

[QUOTE=kneedeeppow;10207883]
Originally Posted by texastc
And even an honest to goodness F1 Paintlab painted body. And we didn't mess it up. Its the Redbull car.
QUOTE]

was that because it was out in front?
Dont know if it was in front actually. But the lappers didn't clobber it either
Old 01-22-2012, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eff one
Hmm. I think McLaren gave Button a Tamiya instead this season. Or maybe he thought he had one underneath him.
Old 01-22-2012, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

What kind of rollout do you look for with a 21.5? I run foams on low- med traction carpet.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:12 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BadSign
What kind of rollout do you look for with a 21.5? I run foams on low- med traction carpet.
Is that a ratio for boosted or blinky 21.5?

I can help with boosted as we've run that a lot over winter. Less experience running blinky with foams, but I did run a couple of meetings with that set up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.