Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Paragon: Methyl Salicylate

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Whenever I complain about the traction compounds everybody says to just stop racing if you don't like it. That's too easy of an out and I happen to enjoy rc racing, but I will not let my kids step foot into an indoor carpet track. It's ok that we sit there all day cause we know it's harmful and we're adults, but to let our newborn to 6,7,8... year olds sit in there all day with you is just irresponsible as a parent. I wonder if will I be stuck in my backyard bashing with my kids for the rest of my life or at least until they can decide on their own to be exposed to all those chemicals?[/QUOTE]
how dare you pretend to be a better paprent than me! you are a narrow minded putz to make a comment like thati would bet that you don't discipline your kids do you?
Old 10-16-2008, 03:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trips
No denial here. I drink, I smoke, I get high, eat lots of red meat, and I use Paragon. I know one of them will kill me eventually, but the racer part of me wants to see which one wins.
That's so true! Sometimes I feel the same! HA!
Old 10-16-2008, 03:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MACHFIVE
What I'm saying is that nothing has been done over the last 30 years to find alternatives or even find an environmentally safe traction compound. We just continue to use Paragon with no thought of trying to find an alternative. Some of that ownus should be on ROAR as it has paying members and a responsibility to the racing community to look after their best interests. I feel as a whole ROAR should analyze all areas of rc car racing where any of its members could be harmed in someway and think about how that risk can be reduced.
If your that concerned about it and you want to see this change happen then make it happen yourself!!! Isn't that what this great country is about. Ingenuity, capitalism and the ability to do what you want, within the law that is. If you were to create a traction compound that wasn't offensive smelling, bio-degradable, green friendly, didn't give racers headaches or make their hands and fingers tingle EVERYONE would use. When you point your finger and tell people this is a problem for you that someone else needs to fix, people don't listen or care. You want people to listen and care then step up and present a solution instead of another problem.

And yes people have tired, and have been trying for years to come up with the magic solution and by far and away the best, IMO, and most common traction additive for carpet is still PARAGON!!!!! Why else do we have Jack the Gripper, Niftech, Traction Action, and many others????

I don't see you asking ROAR to look into tracks that spray there outdoor tracks with traction compounds. Even soda has citric acid. Last I checked citric acid is a hazordous material. Not to mention all the gas tracks that spray crap like VHT, methonal, nitro methane, castor oil and all kinds of other things that arent GREEN friendly!!!!
Old 10-16-2008, 03:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by schurcr
*golfclap*
Old 10-16-2008, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by hairy
Whenever I complain about the traction compounds everybody says to just stop racing if you don't like it. That's too easy of an out and I happen to enjoy rc racing, but I will not let my kids step foot into an indoor carpet track. It's ok that we sit there all day cause we know it's harmful and we're adults, but to let our newborn to 6,7,8... year olds sit in there all day with you is just irresponsible as a parent. I wonder if will I be stuck in my backyard bashing with my kids for the rest of my life or at least until they can decide on their own to be exposed to all those chemicals?
how dare you pretend to be a better paprent than me! you are a narrow minded putz to make a comment like thati would bet that you don't discipline your kids do you?[/QUOTE]

I heard that one of the symptoms of over use of Paragon is wild mood swings.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

This just in >>>> RUAR approves 2 brands of toilet paper<<<<<<<<<
>>>Only two brands of toilet paper will be allowed at all RUAR events<<<
>>>>>>>>See the RUAR web site for further details<<<<<<<<<<
Old 10-16-2008, 04:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lazer Guy
This just in >>>> RUAR approves 2 brands of toilet paper<<<<<<<<<
>>>Only two brands of toilet paper will be allowed at all RUAR events<<<
>>>>>>>>See the RUAR web site for further details<<<<<<<<<<
Ya see .... now that's what I'm talking about. I sure hop one of them was Charman .... Mr Whipple will be happy!!!! Of course we'll have the budget version John Wayne arse wipe as the other approval
Old 10-16-2008, 04:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schurcr
Of course we'll have the budget version John Wayne arse wipe as the other approval
That's the 80 grit stuff right??? ugghhhh..... Seems to turn up everywhere I go that why I savor the home throne advantage!
Old 10-16-2008, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
how dare you pretend to be a better paprent than me! you are a narrow minded putz to make a comment like thati would bet that you don't discipline your kids do you?
I heard that one of the symptoms of over use of Paragon is wild mood swings.[/QUOTE]

i am not paranoid and why are you looking at me?
Old 10-16-2008, 05:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I think we should use special suits to apply paragon, my suggestion is these.

Old 10-16-2008, 06:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Do you really take the warning that says ''know to the state of California to case birth defects'' seriously? You know, they recently found that even the State of California is know to the state of California to case birth defects.

What a bunch of wusses