Wiki Posts
Search

Xray still ok in business wise??

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2008, 04:23 PM
Woz
Tech Apprentice

just thought i'd put my 2pence into the machine,

dont you think xray have thought about this venture long and hard. They have obviously taken all the facts and the economic enviroment into consideration. This economic turmoil will not last forever, this also has to be looked into. To be honest, Xray will be in the best position when this turmoil has finished. Remember, business looks at the future, if xray is a planned business it probbly has plans for the next 5 - 10 years. Dispite being in an economic slum it will not last forever and businesses are taking the necessary precautions i.e. layoffs etc.

*adds 2pence more*
i would also like to know where some of these pseudo sales figures and hypothesis' are coming from. Until i see viable figures from a reliable source, there's no reason to doubt Xray and their business.
Old 10-11-2008, 04:26 PM
Tech Adept

Yeah, they've got plans and I found them! Their new TC's for the next 5 years:

T2 '010
T2 '011
T2 '013
T2 '014
T2 '015

They've got their entire future of releases planned up to their retirement
Old 10-11-2008, 04:40 PM
Woz
Tech Apprentice

i think were getting back to the old and tired xray "6 month release" argument again. You slate xray for bringing out a new car every 6 months. Remember, noone is MAKING you buy one. If your not happy with it, tuff, thats business. New versions of Windows ( which your probbly using ) gets released every few years, why? because we need to move forward in performance and technology. New cars have been refined and produced for that same reason. Xray obviously saw the need for a new car to stay ahead of the competition. There's no point in selling a second rate tc kit unless you call it a "Budget" kit. But there's no way you could make a T1R go as fast as a 008. We may think we can, but the whole point in a new car is for speed, cell placement, suspension geometry, steering joints, cog, roll centre's and everything else has been taken and made better.

My point is, you dont see last years Ferrari winning this years F1 do you?
Old 10-11-2008, 04:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

How does that coolaid taste?

Originally Posted by Woz
But there's no way you could make a T1R go as fast as a 008. We may think we can, but the whole point in a new car is for speed, cell placement, suspension geometry, steering joints, cog, roll centre's and everything else has been taken and made better.
Old 10-11-2008, 07:38 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by oXYnary
Unfortunately completely wrong. Ever heard of FHS? There a plenty of copycats in China. Look on ebay for an example. This may actually be the same vehicle from the same factory, but someone else is marketing it. In some cases though, its a complete copy based solely on making molds of the molds.

OK, I see what you mean now. That is what happened for cisco router in China. The solution is they now do not ask one manufacture to do all the parts for them. They use many manufactures for make all the parts to avoid the products leak to the market.

This was only one of my arguments. You completely ignored the others other than copying. As it is, no your again wrong. A business is to make money yes, but your mistaking high stakes publically traded companies with privately owned companies. A CEO of a public company is tasked with making as much profit as possible for the share holders. A privately owned company can look to whats best for their own situation. The owner of the private company in a sense has more freedoms of choices. The downside is much less capital if versus they traded stock. If this interests you, the former starter and CEO of The Body Shop, Dame Anita Roddick has talked before of how taking her company public was the worse thing she ever did.
IPO company has to do what I just said and private company has more freedom. But still I do not think private company will help local business if there is not more advantage for them. If this interest you, AIG is in deep trouble now and high level management people are having a super expensive vacation because they have no budget for their needed. All from share holder. No wonder why so many companies wants to become IPO.
Old 10-11-2008, 07:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Woz
just thought i'd put my 2pence into the machine,

dont you think xray have thought about this venture long and hard. They have obviously taken all the facts and the economic enviroment into consideration. This economic turmoil will not last forever, this also has to be looked into. To be honest, Xray will be in the best position when this turmoil has finished. Remember, business looks at the future, if xray is a planned business it probbly has plans for the next 5 - 10 years. Dispite being in an economic slum it will not last forever and businesses are taking the necessary precautions i.e. layoffs etc.

*adds 2pence more*
i would also like to know where some of these pseudo sales figures and hypothesis' are coming from. Until i see viable figures from a reliable source, there's no reason to doubt Xray and their business.

2 things.
That's why they failed on predicting the future. Who in during early 2007 can predict the economy going down hill? I really do not think this financial crisis is including in their prediction. And who knows the this crisis stay for how long?

Xray will not be in best potition when this turmoil has finished. Unless they have more fun type cars or low budget car. Dedicated on racer market is road of death.
Old 10-11-2008, 07:48 PM
Tech Addict

Who can tell me this. If not Xray, did you hear there is a Xray country existing in the world?? Sorry I forgot the name of their country.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

i find this thread very amusing. we can go through all of the "what if's" - but the bottom line is that we don't have a clue where Xray is financially. Our economy is at the begining of a hangover from a 7 year party where we got away from fundamentals of economics and banking. We are a resiliant country and world, and we will be fine. It might take longer to bounce back than some would like, but we will be fine.

If every company freaked out when the economy was hurting, where would some of our big name manufactures be? Xray will keep on keep on. Could profits be less this year? Possibly, but their business plan is not to be the cheapest, its to be the best. They have all the means necessary to do so, and in my opinion, they will be fine...
Old 10-11-2008, 09:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Xray may have an advantage over other companies. They own the manufacturing. Granted ownership of anything is risky and costly. If you ever lost wallet or had your car broken into you should understand that ownership comes with risk.

But since the Great Great Depression has started with the largest sell off in history, it should come to no surprise that another Dictator will rise to power and War World Three will start.

The UN and NATO allies will beg Xray with all their fancy machines to start cranking out guns. All you G.I.'s getting drafted can smile knowing that you are dragging that Xray - XM8 rifle through the mud, sand and jungles. Smile because your rifle is the Ultimate Lightweight High Performance Luxury model while everyone else got stuck with M16's that have been stored in the wet basement of some National Guard since the end of Vietnam

The point I'm trying to make is no one knows the future, and I am sure Xray can retool to other manufacturing needs should the R/C market bottom out. And yes the XM8 is a real gun and not to be Confused with the XB8 and XT8 which are made by Xray.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oXYnary
ioxqq: Do you represent a Taiwan or Asian firm?

I heard a recent news report from Germany about many companies who choose to move manufacturing to China, only to find out the cost was much greater than they anticipated. China is not really a third world country anymore (more like second). So its cost of living is getting higher. Which means the cost of manufacturing will grow. There was another good show that pointed out that many of the recent scares like the toy lead, and the chemical in their milk came from manufacturers who were trying to cut corners because labor costs rose.

On top of this, unless a company owns the actual plant, and has control over what comes from where. They have to rely on third parties that go out and seek a plant that can machine or mold the parts for the company. This third party seeks the cheapest he possibly can, as he can pocket more of the "inbetween" difference from the company to the plant. He has no obligation to share which plant is making the actual items for the company. This information was directly from speaking to a CEO of a small wooden toy manufacturer. She went as far as going out and finding a shop and workers in China to make her products to guarantee quality.

Don't forget as well, when you move manufacturing to China (or even Taiwan), you are opening the doors to copying. This is especially so if you rely on third parties to "gather" your parts for you. Even though if you open your own plant and hire the workers, the parts are more accessible then for others to copy. Especially with the lax copyright laws in China.

I see manufacturing shifting to India if it does at all. It may not however as since India is a democracy, the workers can form into Unions and such easier than say in authoritarian, corrupt, or dictatorship governments. So hell, some of the nasty African dictatorships may become new production centers. Look at Nigeria.

There is a major "skunk" in all this none of these companies who try to "compete" at the lower price want to listen to. (Well other than what guarantees do the workers have for a fair wage in authoritarian governments). Oil. If they are having to produce or import their items, the cost is going to be greater and greater. No and if or buts. In the long run if they can survive, they may find producing locally may be the best option not only cost wise, but keeping their local economies afloat. So in short, maybe Xray is doing the smart thing long term, while Serpent must just have stabbed themselves in the back.
+1

Just what I was gonna write.

This ioxqq dude needs to go back to school..
Old 10-12-2008, 04:28 AM
Tech Addict

Sometimes is not easy for me to express everything I want here. I have only one mouth.

Anyway, I think Xray is not going out for business. But who knows even 1000000 times bigger company can be out of business next day. We have to accept this fact. All I mean is Xray has a hard time now more then other rc manufacture.

jarkkom: Can I drive my Ferrai to school? Will the kid scratch my car. Sorry I haven't be into school long time.

Last edited by ioxqq; 10-12-2008 at 04:49 AM.
Old 10-12-2008, 04:45 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo
i find this thread very amusing. we can go through all of the "what if's" - but the bottom line is that we don't have a clue where Xray is financially. Our economy is at the begining of a hangover from a 7 year party where we got away from fundamentals of economics and banking. We are a resiliant country and world, and we will be fine. It might take longer to bounce back than some would like, but we will be fine.

If every company freaked out when the economy was hurting, where would some of our big name manufactures be? Xray will keep on keep on. Could profits be less this year? Possibly, but their business plan is not to be the cheapest, its to be the best. They have all the means necessary to do so, and in my opinion, they will be fine...
What you're saying is too extreme and is not my meaning. Let me guess are you a entertainment reporter? haha.... I would use the words 'most of the companies will have hard time' instead of 'every company freaked out'. Yea Xray will be fine. So as other companies. So as those investors losing big money. The world will just be fine. I supporting you this point. But at this moment, I do not think most companies are fine. In fact I think companies are working ok now and predicting even worst next year. Ebay, HSBC already lay off. Next year, Orcale and what else... You will know.
Let's talk back to rc companies, if they are in good shape. Why there is not much new product came out this year? Wht Hot bodes D8 sell at this low price. Because manufactures knows the rc market is no fine and only low price item can sell. No more high profit margin. Their plan is now sell cheaper with bigger volume. Plus now days, there are more rc companies then before. Even more hard time on doing rc business. For example of esc, before only Novak and Tekin. Now, KO, Keyence, LRP, Team Wave, Speed Passion, Much Much coming too. This is proven the cake for the rc company is becoming smaller. Also check out the price of new Orion brushless motor. Why the retail is like $70. Why they not selling at the price of LRP $90. They know they have to bring down the price for the situation having now. I would say this is good move. Otherwise, what you think Orion can be sell?