Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Man I wish these sticks came with the option of a female Deans side plug
Old 10-12-2008, 10:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayBee
How hard is it to make a plug? Just take the 4mm male bullet connectors that are included solder them on some wires, then solder a female Deans plug to the other end Cant cost more than $3-4

Damon
Old 10-12-2008, 10:38 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Diggity

How hard is it to make a plug? Just take the 4mm male bullet connectors that are included solder them on some wires, then solder a female Deans plug to the other end Cant cost more than $3-4

Damon
Not hard at all I must admit, but at the same time as my Sig enlightens, I run for Schumacher.
The rear right-side bulkhead of the MI3 BLOCKS the female bullet connector on all lipos of this configuration.
How hard would it be to produce 2 different configurations to sell to a wide variety of consumers?
Old 10-13-2008, 12:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Personally a lipo pack with pre-wired wires coming out the side looks fugly. I prefer the two 4mm banana plugs at the top, HOWEVER, it might make sense to have the + and - connections on opposite sides lengthwise of the case, like all 6 cell packs. That would solve your problem as well JayBee.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Not hard at all I must admit, but at the same time as my Sig enlightens, I run for Schumacher.
The rear right-side bulkhead of the MI3 BLOCKS the female bullet connector on all lipos of this configuration.
How hard would it be to produce 2 different configurations to sell to a wide variety of consumers?
Ahhhh, I see.. I can have them produced so that the wires come out the side, but it will not be right away.. I will look into this option as well!!

Damon
Old 10-13-2008, 08:14 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rezenclowd3
Personally a lipo pack with pre-wired wires coming out the side looks fugly. I prefer the two 4mm banana plugs at the top, HOWEVER, it might make sense to have the + and - connections on opposite sides lengthwise of the case, like all 6 cell packs. That would solve your problem as well JayBee.
That's a really good option as well
Old 10-13-2008, 08:16 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rezenclowd3
Yes,a lipo pack with internal bullet connectors looks better but you would changed your mind if you could see how my IP3800 (almost new) packs looks now when without a reason some bullet connector melted on both packs. No more packs with internal connectors for me,at least with the bullets and the IP's3800 soldering job .

Last edited by Born2Run; 10-13-2008 at 09:24 AM.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Born2Run
Yes,a lipo pack with internal bullet connectors looks better but you would changed your mind if you could see how my IP3800 (almost new) packs looks now when without a reason some bullet connector melted on both packs. No more packs with internal connectors for me,at least with the bullets and the IP's3800 soldering job .
Ive been using bullet style batteries since day 1 and none of my stick packs have ever melted by the plug, Ive used Orion, Tekin, Trinity, and SMC's and they always looked fine. I do understand exactly what you are talking about because in my B44 dirt car I run the Trakpower 4800 saddles, I had the positive side bullet melt away the plastic surrounding it and now its loose on 2 of my packs. I investigated the issue though and found out that I had a bad solder joint or partly cold solder job on the positive wire coming from my speedo (wasnt easily visible). I replaced the wire with a new one, specialy focusing on a good solder job and since then I have had no issues.. So basicly, your problem probably stemmed from a different issue and then melted your IB connectors because they were getting too hot!.... Just my 2 cents..
Old 10-13-2008, 12:15 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Diggity

Ive been using bullet style batteries since day 1 and none of my stick packs have ever melted by the plug, Ive used Orion, Tekin, Trinity, and SMC's and they always looked fine. I do understand exactly what you are talking about because in my B44 dirt car I run the Trakpower 4800 saddles, I had the positive side bullet melt away the plastic surrounding it and now its loose on 2 of my packs. I investigated the issue though and found out that I had a bad solder joint or partly cold solder job on the positive wire coming from my speedo (wasnt easily visible). I replaced the wire with a new one, specialy focusing on a good solder job and since then I have had no issues.. So basicly, your problem probably stemmed from a different issue and then melted your IB connectors because they were getting too hot!.... Just my 2 cents..
I don't know how the bullets are soldered inside other packs but i assume they are soldered on cables and not on some kind of board and much better quality bullets that IB uses.If you ever open a IP3800 pack you'll understand what im talking about.Now I have replace those small bullets with 12AWG cables soldered directly on the board and everything is perfect.By the way i never had a melting issue with any of my other packs (Yeah Racing 3200 20C) with the cables coming out the pack and better quality bullets so i think the problem was on the IP3800 packs only.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

How do you guys determine your sustained and burst C ratings? Have you verified that using your own equipment on production packs? Not trying to be a jerk or call you guys out, but with all the new packs flooding the market i'm curious how a manufacturer goes about coming up with these ratings.

-James
Old 10-13-2008, 01:47 PM
Tech Addict

I would like to ask Orion the same about the 3800mAh 30C!!!! And why my 35.00$ Yeah racing 3200mAh 20C performs better than the Orion 3800 30C that i bought for 90.00$?
Old 10-13-2008, 02:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JamesArluck
How do you guys determine your sustained and burst C ratings? Have you verified that using your own equipment on production packs? Not trying to be a jerk or call you guys out, but with all the new packs flooding the market i'm curious how a manufacturer goes about coming up with these ratings.

-James
Hey James, good question..

The C ratings are all determined and tested by the manufacturer of the battery. These #'s are given to us by them. I dont think any company out there tests this with their own equiptment.

Damon
Old 10-13-2008, 02:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 221 (100%+)

Damon check your email?
Old 10-13-2008, 02:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Born2Run
I would like to ask Orion the same about the 3800mAh 30C!!!! And why my 35.00$ Yeah racing 3200mAh 20C performs better than the Orion 3800 30C that i bought for 90.00$?
Well the fact is that there is allot of bumping of #'s on some liPO packs that are out there!. We do not do this because as a racer myself I feel that this is dishonest to the consumer... We also know that once these get out in the hands of some racers alike, they will be doing there own testing and word will spread, so why be dishonest!

I have to agree with you about the yeah racing 3200, this is the same battery we imported from their manufacturer and it outperfromed a # of packs out there with higher mAh and C ratings!..

These new 5300's are very good performers and outperformed all and any of the packs that I have come across. Low internals and high voltage for great snap and long runtime for mod racing!
Old 10-13-2008, 11:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

After some hard thought and decision making, we have decided to go the same route pro-match is going with their batteries. We will only offer them direct at our website and we are not going to sell these to any dealers or distributors making them very affordable!! Check out the website for the new pricing since I cant display any prices on this forum!. Get them while they are hot!

Damon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.