GM TC4 International Pro 2 Racing forum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GM TC4 International Pro 2 Racing forum

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 06:08 PM
Tech Master

I have pretty much all i need 2 race now, i took it out for a spin with a stock motor and a 1500 today outside in my street, and I cant wait to finally get my banana plugs, and charge up my 3300 and race with my D4...all i need to do is set up my ESC...hopefully i will get my clips by sunday, so i can race this weekend. Ill tell everyone how it performs.
Old 03-06-2004, 08:18 PM
Tech Master

I was very suprised today, I got the banan clips for my charger, and i took my TC4 for a spin, with my 13x4, or 13x3, whichever one it is it doesnt matter, and it seems to handle great. I tested out the braking with the one wa(it came with one) and i didnt notice any difference in breaking...people have said that a car with a oneway brakes like a 2wd car, but mine didnt seem to...ill have to investigate that tomorrow at trackside when i race mod...ill tell everyone how the car handles, incase anyone is wondering
Old 03-14-2004, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

Well, im happy to say that the car worked great. Contrary to what everyone has said about the TC4, the car was just awsome. The car had tons of steering(granite(isnt that a rock,lol) i was running dual one ways) i didnt miss the braking much. At first, it wouldnt turn at all, then with the help of some nice people, i got the steering to work awsome, infact, it was even oversteering. I moved the caster clips infront of the suspension arm, and also stud up my shocks. Mantinence was easy, all it took was a few screws to access the differential to tighten it.

Last sunday, I got to trackside at like 9:30, and from then until 12:00, i hadnt been on the track. Then i missed the first heat becasue i needed to tighten my diff. THe second heat, one of my motor wires came loose(soldered on) and i was out. But in the third heat, i forgot where i placed, but i did finish the race. For the main(B main), I jumped to an early lead, but the 3 other cars in my race all broke in the first corner, so i had to stop. Then, when we restarted, i jumped to an early lead again, but i always seemed to flip over when coming out of the corners(not hitting anything) this eventually dropped me back to second, and then I got into a crash, and droped back to 3rd, but a few seconds later, I got back into second, and stayed there for the rest of the race.

It was really fun, and I cant wait until this sunday to race again.(ill keep you guys posted)
Old 03-14-2004, 07:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Do you have a link where you can buy parts for this car? I have an OFNA OB4 International that looks identical to this car. Would like to get some parts for it to get it back on the road for the kids to play with.

Thanks,
Jimmy
Old 03-14-2004, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

hmm..this is a tough one..i get parts form Hongkong, from the person that I bought the car from. I dont think it would be a problem, but mabe he could order you parts as well..ill talk to him and see what he says...and if that doesnt work, i have a few spares, like suspension arms, a chassis, bulkheads, even parts to a diff...ill get back to you when he PMs me.
Old 03-14-2004, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

I hope this wasnt to much of a problem, but i gave the person your rctech username, so he can PM you...
Old 03-14-2004, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

No problem at all. Thanks for the help.

Jimmy
Old 04-08-2004, 08:41 PM
Tech Master

I havent posted here for a while, but did the person get back to u g12314? I had a bad week with my car. The top shaft was moving around so much and whenever i would hit full throttle, the piece holding the top shaft strait would always come off. But thanx to the wonderful people at trackside, someone(idk his name) gave me a 10mm piece of plastic to put between the shaft and the pullies, and combined with 2 shims, there is almost no movement anymore. I tried out my team 1 moster stock and it was balistic. Hope to get to the track soon. Thanks again for everyone at trackside for the wonderful help.

This is a little off topic, but John 5(Guitarist) parted ways with Marilyn Manson. He was the greatest.(Hope he finds sucess where ever he goes.)
Old 06-18-2004, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

I had the worst weekend ever. My first Practice run I break an outdrive. Yup, it was terrible. Someone was talking to me about these little metal rings that people put around their out drives, and they said they seem to lessen the chance of them braking. Is this true?, and if it is, are they universal or something?
Old 06-19-2004, 01:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

you had to be different didnt you....

when you are just getting into the hobby, you buy whatever car thwe hobbyshop has the most parts for... the cars break, and you will break plenty of parts...

just think about how much fun losing is... think about how much better you would be if u had a car that worked better... and was cheaper.. and had parts hanging on the wall i can buy... and a car other people run.. this way i can get setup help from them instead of being out to lunch...
Old 06-19-2004, 08:53 AM
Tech Master

Thanks for the help...
Okay, mabe I shouldnt have even started this thread, becasue since the begining, people have just put me, and the car down because I cant get parts for it, and whatnot. Dont you guys think that I put a lot of time into thinking about getting the car, when I had choices of like a TC3, XXX-S, TB-EVO 3, etc? I appreciate the few people that helped me with my car, even though they knew little, or noutting about my car; but when I ask a question, and someone just comes out and says stuff that puts me down sorta, well it kinda hurts. Well thanks for everyones help and stuff, it is very appreciative, but I wont be posting in this thread anymore, becasue people just have negative things to say...im on my own again.
Old 06-19-2004, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i dont think any of us mean to make u feel that way.. we as expirienced racers felt since you were new to the hobby that it would be best for u to not get this car...

the worst thing for someone new in the hobby is to spend more money then they need to.. i have seen alot of new people buy cars just cause they think they are cool... like corrally, xray, ect.. these are proven good cars but 99% of the shops do not hang parts for them.... and the person eventually gets sick of waiting for parts and not being able to race... or buying a ton of extra parts just in case...then they quit, cause they have so much into the car they cant afford a new one...

it really sucks when u pay 12-15 bucks to race and u break the first qualifyer...and u dont have parts to fix it... then u are out money for racing u did not do.... thats all i meant...

the reason u see everyone else with losi ,xray, and associated is they work.. they are the fastest and most likley always will be

i di not mean to make u feel the way u described...i give an honest opinuion in your best interest... being fast is fun....
Old 06-19-2004, 01:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Switch Blade
Carpet....are you familiar with trackside....becasue that is where im going to start racing.... Ill start in the sportsman with a monster and a 1500 pack, and will hope to move up to mod with some 3300's by christmas....what ill do is just have a great time and try and be as competitive as my skills and as my car allow....
Thanks everyone

your crazy, i run at trackside and i tryed to run mod foam and rubber and well let me tell u for raicing for 3yrs now at that track i still cant get down, i would suggest stk rubber and or maybe 19t.... all im saying is if u run mod by christmas dont sign up for the novak race to run mod, ull be eatin alive.....

thanks my 2 cents lazyboy
Old 06-19-2004, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

burbs laying the smack down... dude to be different isnt say run a car u cant get parts for ANYWHERE... being different is like running a pro4 or a xray cuz not to many ppl run those at trackside..... yea burbs u hit the nail right on the head ... yea dont sweat it just sell the car and get a pro4 u wount be sorry

my 2 cents again.. so would that make it my 4 cents lol

lazy
Old 06-19-2004, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

kk, mabe I wrote it wrong, but I wam just messing around with foam mod, Im just putting in a mod motor, my foams, and having fun during practice, i know that I could never reach the caliber of the guys there for some time, Im just gonna be running it, not competing in mod foam, and what i meant was by ill do it around christmas, i was just gonna get the stuff and run it then(but my funds allowed me to get the stuff earlier), i wasnt gonna do novak, cuz it would be a waste of money to pay for the entry and not beable to drive it, i am just gonna do it for practice...ya, so dont think of it in anyway that im gonna compete in it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.