Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
World GT Club Racing - To spec or not to spec is the question???? >

World GT Club Racing - To spec or not to spec is the question????

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

World GT Club Racing - To spec or not to spec is the question????

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 06:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by espresso1967
Well I am hating the 1s lipos. It kind of sucks for us Gen X 10 guys that can run the lipo stick down the middle. At this time I am pushing for a 2 cell lipo class at our track and have been given the a ok. Now to see if anyone will run this configuration, if not I may have to bite the bullet and run 1s config.
Well the way I view it is that CRC helped kill this class for some, not the 1s LiPo or 4-cell hurting the class. CRC went a different way and wanted to make a single multi-use chassis for 4-cell, 1s LiPo, 6-cell, or 2s LiPo.

The WGT cars were designed from the beginning to be just like a 1/12 scale, just on the 200mm platform, using somewhat realistic bodies with Spec Lilac tires.

I don't understand why some of you guys want to change the rules and run something different. There are no other cars outside of CRC designed to run 2s LiPo's, yet some of you want to push for a class that does not exist under ROAR, which leads to dilution of your racer base.

CRC's platform being different is just like anything else where people start to stray from the rules. Once the happens it dilutes a class and splits people on different sides, and that is what's happened with people owning CRC Gen-X 10's, some want to stick to the WGT rules, some one to run 2s LiPo's because they can.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

for me the crc is what got me in the class.. i can fart around within the rules, or actually have some fun running the equipment that i (and 95% of onroad racers) already own..2s...
Old 07-17-2009, 12:25 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by kn7671
Well the way I view it is that CRC helped kill this class for some, not the 1s LiPo or 4-cell hurting the class. CRC went a different way and wanted to make a single multi-use chassis for 4-cell, 1s LiPo, 6-cell, or 2s LiPo.

The WGT cars were designed from the beginning to be just like a 1/12 scale, just on the 200mm platform, using somewhat realistic bodies with Spec Lilac tires.

I don't understand why some of you guys want to change the rules and run something different. There are no other cars outside of CRC designed to run 2s LiPo's, yet some of you want to push for a class that does not exist under ROAR, which leads to dilution of your racer base.

CRC's platform being different is just like anything else where people start to stray from the rules. Once the happens it dilutes a class and splits people on different sides, and that is what's happened with people owning CRC Gen-X 10's, some want to stick to the WGT rules, some one to run 2s LiPo's because they can.
Are you kidding? The CRC was the first "new Generation" Pancar. There were some car out there before (Corally CCT, Associated L3, Speedmerchant etc.), but with the release of the GenX10, the pancar-classes all around the world growed.
And ot just CRC accepts the 2S batteries. There are also BMI, Corally etc.

1S seems a good alternative for 4cell, now. In 1 or two years you have 7000mAh cells that blows up a lot of motors and speed controls.

In Switzerland, we run the Swiss GT class with 13.5motors and 2S batteries (8min heats).
I never needed mote than 200mAh per heat. So, a cheap esc and a 2400 Lipo are enough to have fun.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:58 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Which WGT cars beside Gen-X10 and 10R5 are run in Switzerland? Is there someone running a BMI also?
Old 07-17-2009, 02:37 AM
Tech Adept

No, there is no BMI. There is no local distributor for BMI Cars. Most drivers use a CRC, but there is also a Rc-Devil (German car with 5 shocks!), A converted R5 and my own prototype (CRC based t-bar car).
Old 07-17-2009, 09:41 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

That's why I'm not really trying to 'fight' 1s
The guys that have/want that deserve to race and have a good class

Old 07-17-2009, 12:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

And this is why 10th pan and WGT (outside of the major races) on a club level isnt as popular except for in pockets of the country. youve got guys on one side that want to stick to the spec rules but then youve got guys like espresso and tally who are firmly entrenched in using the same battieries they use in TC in their GT cars. Then youve got guys who want to run 17.5 and guys who want to run 13.5. All this infighting to outside observers (or people new to onroad) just tells them "well they can't get their house in order, Im gonna go run TC or RCGT or VTA. At least there they have a clearly delineated set of rules that everybody agrees on and STILL have fun in the process."
Old 07-17-2009, 12:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Well I will see what the turn out in pan cars tomorrow at our new track that opened up this week. This will be the first Saturday that track is opened and hopefully some pan guys show. Hey if I get 4 guys showing up that want to run 1s lipo I am in. But if no one shows and I get my way I will only encourage new pan guys to go 2 cell lipo. I'm opened to options and willing to run 1s lipo but my first preference is 2 cell. If not I'll run by myself and use my tc5r for rcgt for racing.

By the way here is our new track that just opened up this week.

Check it.

http://www.westcoastrcraceway.com
15905 Canary Ave. La Mirada, Ca. 90638

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Old 07-17-2009, 12:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Nice facility!
Old 07-17-2009, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by trackdesigner71
And this is why 10th pan and WGT (outside of the major races) on a club level isnt as popular except for in pockets of the country. youve got guys on one side that want to stick to the spec rules but then youve got guys like espresso and tally who are firmly entrenched in using the same battieries they use in TC in their GT cars. Then youve got guys who want to run 17.5 and guys who want to run 13.5. All this infighting to outside observers (or people new to onroad) just tells them "well they can't get their house in order, Im gonna go run TC or RCGT or VTA. At least there they have a clearly delineated set of rules that everybody agrees on and STILL have fun in the process."
Exactly.

Anyone talking of taking a 1/10 scale Pan Car and modifiying the World GT rules by running something other than 13.5 motors, 200mm approved bodies, 200mm chassis's, solid axle, 4cell or 1s LiPo, and Lilac Foam Tires is no longer WGT. The WGT rules are set and agreed upon, which is why Associated, Xray, BMI, and SpeedMerchant all created cars that adhere to this base rule set. All these cars only accomodate 4-cell or 1s LiPo's instead of 6-cell or 7.4v sticks without modification.

For those that want to race 1/10 Pan Car outside of the agreed WGT rules, then go and create a new thread named 1/10 Pan Car Racing, if there isn't one already, and have the non-WGT discussions there. I understand wanting to run something different, and there there are plenty of racers around the USA and the rest of the world that do not run WGT rules. I believe SpeedMerchant even prototyped a "dual"1s Chassis for their Pro-10 car, but I wouldn't be buying that chassis and then call it WGT.

If you don't run and adhere to WGT rules, it can't be called WGT... It's called 1/10 Pan Car, and that configuration/class does not currently have a rule set under ROAR.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:36 PM
Tech Master

lol yes in fact there is a 1/10 thread for modified pan cars like ours.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/oval-lar...h-pan-car.html

come join the dark side my friend.

Originally Posted by kn7671
Exactly.

Anyone talking of taking a 1/10 scale Pan Car and modifiying the World GT rules by running something other than 13.5 motors, 200mm approved bodies, 200mm chassis's, solid axle, 4cell or 1s LiPo, and Lilac Foam Tires is no longer WGT. The WGT rules are set and agreed upon, which is why Associated, Xray, BMI, and SpeedMerchant all created cars that adhere to this base rule set. All these cars only accomodate 4-cell or 1s LiPo's instead of 6-cell or 7.4v sticks without modification.

For those that want to race 1/10 Pan Car outside of the agreed WGT rules, then go and create a new thread named 1/10 Pan Car Racing, if there isn't one already, and have the non-WGT discussions there. I understand wanting to run something different, and there there are plenty of racers around the USA and the rest of the world that do not run WGT rules. I believe SpeedMerchant even prototyped a "dual"1s Chassis for their Pro-10 car, but I wouldn't be buying that chassis and then call it WGT.

If you don't run and adhere to WGT rules, it can't be called WGT... It's called 1/10 Pan Car, and that configuration/class does not currently have a rule set under ROAR.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

that is a really nice facility espresso (Im not quoting your post because of the sheer number of pics and videos), but "getting your own way" isnt going to grow the class...that is more a "take your ball and go somewhere else" sort of attitude that isnt really beneficial to anybody.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:31 PM
Tech Master

Again i'm willing to play ball. Will see the turn out tomorrow and go from there.

But for now off the computer and on my way to the track

Originally Posted by trackdesigner71
that is a really nice facility espresso (Im not quoting your post because of the sheer number of pics and videos), but "getting your own way" isnt going to grow the class...that is more a "take your ball and go somewhere else" sort of attitude that isnt really beneficial to anybody.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by espresso1967
lol yes in fact there is a 1/10 thread for modified pan cars like ours.

come join the dark side my friend.
Some of us run BOTH!!! So There!!!
Old 07-17-2009, 04:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

actually the bigger problem is folks that dont know what they are talking about running off at the yap.. we have one guy that doesn't even run the class or have a completed car acting like the omniscient voice of the class and someone else that apparently doesn't know the history of the class talking about the rules and the history.. the crc car was the first of the modern cars to market, and was there before there were even fixed rules in place.. nowhere did i say i wasn't down with the rules.. brush up on your comprehension skills and try reading my post again.... by the way the only organized wgt racing around me is the florida state series, and they don't follow the rules to a T either..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.