Search

iPhone Gearchart Creator

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 11:38 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default iPhone Gearchart Creator

http://igearchart.com

I had hoped to make this a native application, but this will have to suffice for now. iTouch users can access it as well if WiFi is available. You can see the page in a normal browser, but it's intended to be viewed on an iPhone, so it may look goofy. I didn't include a list of cars/ratios, so you'll need to know what you're working with. It will automatically calculate rollout if you include a tire size. You can display rollout as mm or inches. Someone please check my math if you've got time. I think I got it all right.

Suggestions welcome.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Dude, that's sweet
If you can make it a native app, that would rule

I couldn't seem to slide the unit bar though. It stays in mm.
I'm using the touch

It's not really important, but would it be posible to have the chart displayed as an IMG or something so you could click it and save it into photos?

Thank you for programing that!

Last edited by Sean B.; 09-06-2008 at 04:37 AM.
Old 09-06-2008, 05:11 AM
Tech Master

syndr0me - I should have shown you what I have on my iTouch at the IIC. I found this app call "go figure". I wrote the simple math equations in that, now I can figure gearing our with just moving slide bars. Kinda cool!

Snowy.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:47 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Sean B.
Dude, that's sweet
If you can make it a native app, that would rule. I couldn't seem to slide the unit bar though. It stays in mm.
Thanks man. I'll get around to making it a native app eventually. I just needed something quick & easy for now, and wanted to mess around with iUI to see how well it did on the web side of things. Try tapping that slider button rather than actually sliding it and see if that works.

Originally Posted by Essnowyt
syndr0me - I should have shown you what I have on my iTouch at the IIC. I found this app call "go figure". I wrote the simple math equations in that, now I can figure gearing our with just moving slide bars.
Oh cool, I'll check it out! A native app would be ideal. I'd eventually like to write one that's not only a gearchart creator, but has all kinds of other useful utilities as well. Sort of a swiss army knife for R/C needs.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I tried to make the keyboard that pops up default to the numeric keypad, but that doesn't seem possible anymore with 2.0 firmware. If you know anybody that might use it, feel free to share.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

very slick man. Just checked it out. It looks like you are making a inch version, which would be nice. I know alot of 1/12 racers don't use mm.

very nice work. I don't think you need to make it a native app. One can save the link to their homepage and they can just click on that and it will take you to igearchart.

very cool....
Old 09-06-2008, 09:45 AM
Tech Lord

McGoo,

Thanks for the kind words. The inch version is ready to go. All you have to do is enter a tire diameter in mm, and the tool will assume you're calculating rollout (blank, and it just does FDR). It defaults to mm, but if you click that button, it'll change to inch, and show the chart as inches when you click the "generate" button.

Is calculating rollout the same for 1/12 as sedans? I found all the documentation I could, and checked all my formulas, but I wouldn't mind someone else doing a sanity check to verify that things show up as expected.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

So, how do I get this onto my iPhone?

<-------- iPhone n00b

Old 09-06-2008, 09:56 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Dan the Man
So, how do I get this onto my iPhone?

<-------- iPhone n00b

It's web only at the moment, so just point the browser on your iPhone to http://igearchart.com. You'll need data access in order for it to work.

I didn't realize (until I saw the related threads linked to this one) that Harsh had written a mobile version of his site. My intention isn't to steal his thunder. I actually wrote this for myself, but noticed a lot of people at IIC had iPhones, and figured others may like to use it as well. Mobile specific sites don't really render on the iPhone any better than full sites, so making one that's tailored to the device seems like an okay thing to do.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Very nice!

Works awesome on my iPhone.
Old 09-06-2008, 11:20 AM
Tech Regular

will be great to have it as native app and running it on my N95
Old 09-06-2008, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have a program similar programed into my graphing calculator that i use for shool.

Anybody who owns a TI-83 (and/or newer) can program it relitively simply.

I'd type the program but i left it at school.

Its cool because you can perma-set R (rubber tire radius), id (internal drive ratio for your car(s)) as well as spur, so all you have to obtain is the number of teeth on the pinion to find the roll out, with the program, all of these perma-settings are easily changed as well (i.e. spur, foam tire radius, different pre-set id's for your cars...)

I don't have an iphone, but i do have a graphing calculator, so this works for me.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Thanks! Works great on my 1st gen iPhone.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

One word. Android.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

If you hit gearchart.com from a mobile device it redirects and renders in a mobile device optimized html only mode. Here's more info on it:

http://www.gearchart.com/gc_mobile.html

I don't have an iphone, but others with an iphone say it works fine on it.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarshGuy
If you hit gearchart.com from a mobile device it redirects and renders in a mobile device optimized html only mode. Here's more info on it:

http://www.gearchart.com/gc_mobile.html

I don't have an iphone, but others with an iphone say it works fine on it.
Harsh,

Whew! Thought you were going to sue him for copyright infringement....

He's had a nice car at the IIC...

Bill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.