Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New JACO World GT spec tire

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 02:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Here is a little FYI....
I just received word that another company is trying to release a spec tire for the World GT class. Unfortunately, they are trying to use double pink rubber instead of lilac in an attempt to have a softer tire that gives more grip than ours. All I can say is buyer beware. We can make softer tires too, but what good does that do? All it does is create a tire war. We are sticking with lilac because it works, wears well, and people love it. I'm sure double pinks work well too, but then do we really have a spec tire anymore with two choices?
I'm not opposed to a competing brand, but lets keep it consistent.
Comments?
Old 09-17-2008, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I believe that there needs to be parity. World GT rules need to be met across the board by all companies embracing this new class. The Lilac tires used a the IIC performed excellent. That said, I have used d.pink foam on my GT car. It did perform well. However, the rubber being softer did have more grip, and frankly, we don't need any more grip in GT. It will also chunk easier. At bigger events we will be gluing tires even sooner and running into traction rolling problems that will be harder to resolve.

I am the first person that was dead set against spec foam tires in any class. In the case of GT it worked out well. I think that all companies should work together to make this the class of the future, instead of a still born class.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by timmay70
I believe that there needs to be parity. World GT rules need to be met across the board by all companies embracing this new class. The Lilac tires used a the IIC performed excellent. That said, I have used d.pink foam on my GT car. It did perform well. However, the rubber being softer did have more grip, and frankly, we don't need any more grip in GT. It will also chunk easier. At bigger events we will be gluing tires even sooner and running into traction rolling problems that will be harder to resolve.

I am the first person that was dead set against spec foam tires in any class. In the case of GT it worked out well. I think that all companies should work together to make this the class of the future, instead of a still born class.
Nice one timmay.

+1
Old 09-17-2008, 04:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
Here is a little FYI....
I just received word that another company is trying to release a spec tire for the World GT class. Unfortunately, they are trying to use double pink rubber instead of lilac in an attempt to have a softer tire that gives more grip than ours. All I can say is buyer beware. We can make softer tires too, but what good does that do? All it does is create a tire war. We are sticking with lilac because it works, wears well, and people love it. I'm sure double pinks work well too, but then do we really have a spec tire anymore with two choices?
I'm not opposed to a competing brand, but lets keep it consistent.
Comments?
When I first saw that there was going to be a spec tire at the IIC for the World GT class I thought, "Why?" We run what ever we want in 1/12th, why would we do anything different for World GT. Then when I saw that it was going to be lilac front and rear!?!? I was even more spooked. I almost decided not to enter World GT. I thought OMG! The new 200mm cars will not have enough rear traction and it will be a fiasco!! Surprise, surprise! There was more than enough rear grip with the lilac rears. In fact, I struggled with getting enough steering at the IIC in World GT.

I then ran them outdoors on a medium to high bite asphalt track and again to my surprise, I had plenty of rear grip. In fact, struggled with enough steering again. This is very good news!!

While it is always easier to get steering, it is not always easy to get rear grip. Especially on asphalt. The Jaco spec tire for World GT works just fine. Indoor and outdoor. No need to purchase anything else.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

putting my narrow car back together as we speak so i'll be ordering up a set of these lilac's to run around village in palm beach and see how they do..
Old 09-18-2008, 03:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Drew Ellis
For you guys looking for the tires RC america will have them in shortly so let your local hobby shops know or dealers just call we also stock all of Jaco's great products....Later Drew
Any chance Xray will get into the World GT market?
Old 09-18-2008, 07:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have been running 2x pink rear and lilac front on my DB10R and have more steering than I know what to do with. This is on an outdoor asphalt track with medium grip. When will these be available? I would love to try these out on our track and see how it goes.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

BMI Racing has them in stock now. The carbon print rims look great and the compound will work just about everywhere. Big Props to Scotty and Jack for picking the Lilac as a spec compound.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
BMI Racing has them in stock now. The carbon print rims look great and the compound will work just about everywhere. Big Props to Scotty and Jack for picking the Lilac as a spec compound.
Thanks Adrian ygpm
Old 09-18-2008, 10:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

To be honest, I can't take credit for choosing lilac. That was Bruce Carbone. I actually had my doubts too, but as it turns out, they work great. My idea was to use lilac as a spec sedan foam. Great wear, resists chunking, and easier to set up. Maybe some day.....
Old 09-22-2008, 11:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Is the spec foam same as the 12th scale foam?
Old 09-23-2008, 06:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by koz47
Is the spec foam same as the 12th scale foam?
Lilac is lilac if that is what you are askng.. 37 shore low natural rubber.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Jack,

You have a PM.

Thanks
Darren
Old 10-22-2008, 11:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)

I was trying to true up a set of rear jaco spec tires tonite,and found out my arbor will not work with them, could someone paste a link to a arbor that will work for cutting down these tires. thanx
Old 10-23-2008, 03:52 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roadkill
I was trying to true up a set of rear jaco spec tires tonite,and found out my arbor will not work with them, could someone paste a link to a arbor that will work for cutting down these tires. thanx
I cannot cut n paste but I would recommend the hyperdrive pancar arbor. both lefhander tc and windtunnel racing products have this arbor for sale. ~$36 usd. I like this arbor so much I'm using it for my Jaco 1/12 tires too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.