Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Problems with xcelorin 9400 kv ESC BURNT!! >

Problems with xcelorin 9400 kv ESC BURNT!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problems with xcelorin 9400 kv ESC BURNT!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 07:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Problems with xcelorin 9400 kv ESC BURNT!!

I recently bought a Losi Mini T. I ran it once and was so impressed I went out and invested like $500 in aluminum parts, a new Fatuba reciever and transmitter and of course a brushless system. I chose the Xcelorin 9400kv because I knew Losi made it and figured it would be very easy to install and use. I am running it on a 1900mah 2 cell Lipo batterey. I spent about 3 hours installing everything. Once installed I program the reciever with the esc. Hold button when powering up, throttle, reverse, both blue and green light on...great, power off, on. Steering works perfect. Hit throttle engine spins a little then dies. Turn off and on, steering still works but blue light is on and no throttle response. I Repeat the programming again and exact same thing engine spinns a little and stops, then no response. Repeat programming and poof smoke poors out of the little hole on the ESC. I contacted Losi and have to send unit back in. Pobably will take a couple of weeks to get the new unit, which is very frusturating. Has any one else had this problem???? This is my first experience with Electric and Losi and not a good start. Any advice or ideas??????Please help.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:03 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

More than likely you just got a bad speedo. It happens from time to time. It does suck when it happens to you but Losi has sold thousands of these things so every now and then a bad one pops up.

For the most part nothing to worry about. Losi will get it fixed or more than likely send you a new one and you will be on your way to having some fun.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Thanks...

Thanks. I hope so. I have been using gas for 15 years but am a true NEWBIE to Electric. What is the engine size with the 9400 kv package. Also another quick question. When you do the initial programming should the engine be plugged in or not? And does it matter if it is.
Old 08-25-2008, 10:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

the size of the motor is a 180 and its fine to program the esc with the motor plugged in, as the other guy said you just got a defective one it happens with electronics...
Old 08-25-2008, 10:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Thanks.

Hate to be a pain, but two more quick questions. One, what spur and pinion gears should I be running with this set up, and two I have been reading the post and am sooooo electric illiterate. Is there any website or books that explain all the electric terms you guys so easily use. Like figuring out what batterys to use, mah, lipo, engine info, and any other pertanent info I may need to excell in this area.