Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MUCH MORE STOCK RUBBER TIRE NATIONALS AT TRACKSIDE

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 07:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

That was some tight racing between Martin and Brad Johnson....tie breaker @ race #6 to decide the champion and Martin won by no more then 0.5 second...I am sure he will enjoy the victory while he is driving 9 plus hours back to Toronto.

Thanks Trackside and Scotty, Ray/Scott from Much More for all those great door prize and trophies...I took couple of my buddy up for their 1st time carpet racing and they both have a lot of fun and won some fancy trophies...Good to see the hurricane gang like Goop, Brad, Bill, Dave, Ryan....fun tume.

Oh.....great Mexican lunch as well....yum.

Nice to see another Schumacher teammate Dave Bertello....hope we can do some more racing and hope you can make it to the ihobby show in 2 weeks.

Now I need to make up another "landscape seminor" excuse for the Novak, then the TCS....then need to plan for 2009 Rubber National....loves the format.
Old 10-06-2008, 04:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Here are the Open Division "A" Main drivers

Here are the Expert Division "A" Main drivers

I only took a few pictures but I have them on Boomerzworld.com *here*
Old 10-06-2008, 08:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hunter and I finally made it home at midnight. As always we had a great time and it was good to see everyone again.

Thanks Scott and Ray for the laughs. Scott you and Hunter were a highlight reel all weekend on the track.

Josh for answering all my questions.

Paul for some set up help.

And everyone for a good time. See most of you again in Jan at the Novak race.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Awesome weekend as always, Thanks to Scotty and crew for putting on this race. Special thanks to Scott and Ray from MuhMore, it was good seeing you guys again, especially to Scott for the AARP comment...... Thanks to Brad for some setup help.

Last edited by 74VWTECH; 10-06-2008 at 11:28 AM.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Had a great time as the race this weekend.
Great to see Martin Crisp take the win after his horrible luck on the first day.

But I have to tip my hat to Paul Lemieux.
Paul was there everyday... not racing... just helping any and everyone with their cars. I think he turned more laps testing cars for the racers then some guys who raced.

There was one racer, Jeremy, who had just gotten back into racing after many years away from the sport. Jeremy showed up the day of the race with his HPI Pro2 from the 1990's.
I introduced him to Paul and Paul spent a lot of time getting the Pro2 working. It worked so well Jeremy won the first A main in the Open class and finished second overall.

But Paul wasn't done yet. It turns out Jeremy is battling cancer and well money is tight.
Paul went home got his rubber tire car from this years IIC (TQ car) rebuilt it at the track... set it up for Jeremy's home track... stickered up one of his bodies and had Scotty present it to Jeremy at the awards ceremony.

I think Paul's driving ability is only surpassed by the class he demonstrates and by how much he gives back to the sport.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:07 AM
Tech Regular

Great weekend of racing.

Thanks to everybody who made the race fun and exciting.
Scotty & Ray THANK YOU very much.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ottoman
Great to see Martin Crisp take the win after his horrible luck on the first day.

Paul was there everyday... not racing... just helping any and everyone with their cars. I think he turned more laps testing cars for the racers then some guys who raced.

There was one racer, Jeremy, who had just gotten back into racing after many years away from the sport. Jeremy showed up the day of the race with his HPI Pro2 from the 1990's.
I introduced him to Paul and Paul spent a lot of time getting the Pro2 working. It worked so well Jeremy won the first A main in the Open class and finished second overall.

But Paul wasn't done yet. It turns out Jeremy is battling cancer and well money is tight.
Paul went home got his rubber tire car from this years IIC (TQ car) rebuilt it at the track... set it up for Jeremy's home track... stickered up one of his bodies and had Scotty present it to Jeremy at the awards ceremony.

I think Paul's driving ability is only surpassed by the class he demonstrates and by how much he gives back to the sport.
I have to say a BIG "Thanks!" to ottoman (Jim) for helping me out before I even got to the track. I had a set of batteries that needed to be soldered up and the motor leads from the speed control were too short to be soldered to the motor. He helped me out bright and early on Saturday morning before we even left for the track. Thank you also for the other things that you gave me!

I had a great time at the event and all of the new people I met were awesome. I was very impressed at all of the help an knowledge that gets passed around at an event like this. This was the biggest (and first) event that I had been to. I felt very comfortable with everyone there and knowing that I could ask anyone just about anything was a real help.

Congratulations to Martin in the Expert class and to Ryan in the Open class for their wins. I placed 2nd overall in the Open class while trying my best to do what I could.

Mr. Paul Lemieux, there is absolutely no way for me to ever properly thank you for what you, ottoman (Jim), and Nick did for me. I am more than overly greatful for all of the tech help and time that you guys spent helping me out. The "surprise" at the end of the event was more than I could have ever imagined. It was very hard for me to keep my composure after all that you guys did for me. I am going to put the car to use starting this Thursday @ Victory Hobbies here in Green Bay racing with the ProStar group.

Thank you to Scotty from Trackside for setting up and hosting the event and to Scott and Ray from MuchMore for the sponsoring the event.

Thank you all for a great time and I will be back (and hopefully better) to race with everyone again!

Jeremy Goetsch
Old 10-06-2008, 01:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I just wanted to thank everyone! And Scotty thank you for hosting the event and putting on a great show!

Paul, all I have to say is your one class act!!!! And this is why your one of the best guys in RC I know!! If your a sponsered driver this is what you want to strive to be like.

To everyone that attend Muchmore USA thanks you very much and next year should be even better. I hoped you guys had fun, and I hope to see our new Team Driver Ryan in the expert class next year! (Ryan Shoot me that e-mail)

And to all the guys that helped me with my ride Josh, Paul and Sarah thank you.

Scotty your the Shizznit!!!!!!!!!

Ray Robinson
Muchmore USA
Old 10-06-2008, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gijoe64

Paul, all I have to say is your one class act!!!! And this is why your one of the best guys in RC I know!! If your a sponsered driver this is what you want to strive to be like.
Originally Posted by jbmx4life

Mr. Paul Lemieux, there is absolutely no way for me to ever properly thank you for what you, ottoman (Jim), and Nick did for me. I am more than overly greatful for all of the tech help and time that you guys spent helping me out. The "surprise" at the end of the event was more than I could have ever imagined. It was very hard for me to keep my composure after all that you guys did for me. I am going to put the car to use starting this Thursday @ Victory Hobbies here in Green Bay racing with the ProStar group.

Jeremy Goetsch

I will agree with all of the comments. Paul is without a shadow of a doubt one of the most approachable and down to earth guys I have ever met. He is 1 guy who has his head on straight and doesn't forget where he came from!

Whether it is helping a kids at a school club in Illinois with RC.

Link to read it is Here

Or it is a local kid who needs help on his set up

Time and time again he demonstrates what it is to be an ambassador of sport/Hobby. Paul is everything that is right with this industry. Xray and Trinity should be proud to have such a class act as a spokesman.

I am glad that he calls Trackside home.

Boomer
Old 10-06-2008, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Well said,you the man Paul.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Damn! That is one of the best things I have heard in the hobby! Paul L. you are the person of this sport that many if not all should model themselves after. Unfortunately, I can't make any of the big races but if I do I hope I get to meet you.

What a great thing to read!
Old 10-06-2008, 08:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Congrats on the new car Jeremy, cant think of anybody who deserves it more. hopefully well see you at victory with your new hot rod. Ill probably have to be chasing after you now Later
Old 10-07-2008, 06:55 AM
Tech Master

Hi everyone,

What a great weekend we had. First I have to say thanks to Ray Robinson and Scott Cramer from Much More USA as well as Ryan Lee from Much More Korea for making this event happen. This was the first year holding this race the start of October and we will continue to hold it during this time.

The format is arguably the best format in RC racing. You get more racing and track time than any other format we have in our industry. I cant tell you how many guys came up to me after the race and said how they enjoyed this format and could not believe how much racing they got. I again want to give credit for this format to Jean Marc Betticher from Switzerland for coming up with this unique and exciting format.

The racing was very exciting from the start to finish. The great thing about this format is that there are so many chances for racers to win. even if you have a couple of tough races, you are not out of it. this year was a perfect example of it. The last race of the day made for some of the best racing you could hope for. Great battles between Josh, Brad and Martin.

Congratulations to Martin Crisp from Toronto Canada for taking the win in Expert division, It was great that Martin made the long trip from Toronto and it sounds like next year he will be bringing others with him to enjoy this format of racing.

In the open Division it was Ryan Van Deer Leest who took the TQ spot and took 2 out of the 3 A mains to take the overall win. Jeremy was able to win A1 with the old school Pro 2 and gave Ryan a run in the others, Great Job Jeremy. And congrats to all the others in Open. some first time carpet racers in Ramon and Terrence, you guys did a great job. The family feuds we had with kids going faster than their dads happened many times this year and it is awesome to see. congrats to Pammie Lenzini for beating your dad. sorry Ralph I had to throw that in. Hunter Turner had a great weekend with many great runs, but falling just a bit short of beating dad in the overall. And the Weir duel was another great race between David and Nathan. This is one of the great sides of this hobby, something we can do with our kids. with all the bad stuff out there for our kids to get into, it is a blessing that they want to go to the track and hang out with dad and race!

Again thanks to Much More's Ray and Scott for the satchel of prizes and the awesome awards. This event will be one that everyone will put on their list of races to attend and starting off the season like this is great.

Also thanks to Paul Lemieux, There is nothing else I can say that has not been said already. there are not many if any top pro drivers that would spend the entire weekend at an event just to help fellow racers, and it did not matter what chassis you were driving, he helped. And what he did for Jeremy shows why he is the best representative in our industry. Thank you Paul.

Also many thanks to the guys from Trackside that helped make this happen. Buck,Josh,Brian L,David,Snowy,Aaron,Brian,Copy,Kevin,Sarah, thanks for all the help.

Also big thanks to Doug Hay from RC Scoring Pro, running this format takes a bit of organizing computer wise and Doug has again been a big help in running this event. Thanks.

And final thanks to all the racers, in a time when budgets are tight and finances are stretched to the maximum, we all thank you for your continued support or racing and events at Trackside. We hope everyone walked away after one of our events feeling that they had a great time no matter where they finished.

I have tried to attach the final results, but I must not have saved them correctly on my thumb drive as it keeps giving me an upload error, so I will save the files again when I get to the track and post them as soon as I can.

Thank again to everyone,
Scotty
Old 10-07-2008, 08:28 AM
Tech Regular

Scotty - Thanks for putting on another great event! I had a blast and can't wait until next year. Thanks to Scott Cramer and Ray Robinson from Muchmore USA for supporting and attending the event. Congrats to Ryan Van Deer Leest and Martin Crisp on their wins. I would also like to thank Paul Lemieux for being a great ambassador for our hobby. What he did is priceless for the hobby.

Thanks - Brad