Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Novak: 21.5 2s with 2s lipo: the lipo solution for the pan class? >

Novak: 21.5 2s with 2s lipo: the lipo solution for the pan class?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novak: 21.5 2s with 2s lipo: the lipo solution for the pan class?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 06:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

We just started running a pan car class here in Dayton, OH two weeks ago. We have been running 13.5 four cell and 27t lipo/silver can. The speeds have been extreamely close. I hope the single cell lipo works out as an alternative cause I really did not want to go back to nimh, but I wanted to run this class more.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The 2 concerns I had about going single cell and using a receiver pack was, I wanted to use a LIPO reciever pack too, but I've heard some receivers can't handle the higher voltage (Over 6v) w/o a regulator...MORE things to add.

The 3.7 LIPO voltage vs. the 4.8 of 4 cell I thought would have been great for OVAL too, there were just too many factors and things...and NOVAK was willing to try building a motor that ran for us w/ the 2s lipo that would work.

BTW - a HUGE thanks to NOVAK for that, in taking that chance for a small group of OVAL racers.

...thinking about it - H.P. to weight, a PAN CAR w/ a SINGLE Cell Lipo and a smaller 380 size B/L motor, they should FLY around a road course.

I'm hoping to get a couple of my old HPI On-Road pan cars outfitted w/ B/L and a LIPO soon. I figured I'll start w/ the 21.5 in one, and a 17.5 in the other...but do I go w/ the WIDE 235mm GTP body, or do I put the 200mm car together w/ a Sports Car body, hmmmm