Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One-way TC3

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2003, 08:16 AM
Tech Regular

One-way TC3

I am looking to buy a TC3 one-way unit and am more than a little confused as to which one is the best/most commonly used version for competitive racing.

From what I can see there are 4 options:

Associated 1728 NTC3 one way
Yokomo 3938-6 HD Front One-wayTC3
Tech Racing 6mm TC3 one way
Trinity NTC3 one way

I know that pin-cushions etc are suggested, and I will get those also.

I'm sorry if this has already been covered - but I cannot find a definitive answer in the threads I have searched through.

Any comments, suggestions or personal experiences with these one-ways would be greatly appreciated
Old 08-26-2003, 12:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

well first off you cannot use either of the NTC3 ones, the outdrives are too long and will not fit.
i haven't heard much about tech racing's one, but it is 6mm and should be ok. The Yok ones have a pretty good reputation, i would say it would be a better choice than the tech one, simply because of better parts support if by some unlucky chance you break something.
there are a couple of other options to consider, one is associated's new HD model (i know it's the same as the yok, but it comes with a delrin ring gear and one way lube, and costs the same or less), p/n is 3978 i think
one last one you could get is the one made by RW, pretty much the same as tech racing's but i believe a tad more expensive

all of them will perform similarly and will be about the same in terms of durability, as they all use 6mm bearings

i would personally go for the associated because if you know where to go it's very cheap, and as i said comes with a delrin ring gear and one way lube
Old 08-26-2003, 05:28 AM
Tech Regular

one-way

Thanks for the reply, I would'nt of thought that the NTC3 one-way would fit either....but....

The part number 1728 is suggested as the one-way suitable for the electric TC3 on the rc10.com website.

Any other ideas??

thanks again
Old 08-26-2003, 06:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

The Yok one-way and the new Associated one-way are the same thing. Just in different packaging. Either one of them will be fine.

Later,
Old 08-27-2003, 03:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

yeah as CRASH said the yokomo or asso ones are probably the best, and as far as i know they're the cheapest as well. as i said i would personally pick the associated one, KT hobbies have it, or www.rcboyz.com (this is a link to the actual part http://www.carttonic.com/catalog/ind...54,10280,14149) if you look at the closeup you can see the white ring gear and lube, which the yok doesnt come with. that's the only reason i would get the associated one-way, other than that they're exactly the same.
Old 08-28-2003, 06:54 AM
Tech Regular

Talking

Thanks for your help.