AMB Transponder Cloning

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 08:16 PM
Tech Addict

Can I send in a broken PT to be cloned?
Old 11-24-2009, 09:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

it has to be able to be read. like your track computer has to be able to register it when ran across the loop
Old 11-25-2009, 04:49 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by theisgroup
it has to be able to be read. like your track computer has to be able to register it when ran across the loop
There in lies the problem. System only reads it a few times per run. So it can't be cloned?
Old 11-25-2009, 04:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Lightbulb

Its very possible then... As long as he can read the signal.

Worth a try
Old 11-25-2009, 05:08 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Ed Anderson
Its very possible then... As long as he can read the signal.

Worth a try
Is it free if it doesn't work, including shipping?
Old 11-25-2009, 05:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by justanotherdude
I tend to believe the going to 8-digits is to just open themselves up to more numbers as the 7-number combinations have probably been just about gone through and they are planning for the future of additional sales and with more sales they need more numbers.
I strongly doubt that they have gone through all the numbers. I can't believe there are that many racers using transponders in all genres of racing out there. Thats 10 million racers (transponders) -1. I do believe it is to secure their monopoly on the business. As technology advances there will be changes, even though the PT's we have now work perfect. It would be surprising and unprofessional as a business to hurt so many customers by creating a future system that the current PT's wouldn't work on. My 2 pennies.
Old 11-25-2009, 06:21 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by honda_stuntboy
I strongly doubt that they have gone through all the numbers. I can't believe there are that many racers using transponders in all genres of racing out there. Thats 10 million racers (transponders) .
worldwide? really?
how many people do you know that have at least three or four PTs?
Old 11-25-2009, 06:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by FOXY923
Is it free if it doesn't work, including shipping?
I doubt the shipping is.
Old 11-25-2009, 06:41 AM
Tech Master

I strongly doubt that they have gone through all the numbers. I can't believe there are that many racers using transponders in all genres of racing out there. Thats 10 million racers (transponders) -1. I do believe it is to secure their monopoly on the business. As technology advances there will be changes, even though the PT's we have now work perfect.
If you look at the MyLaps thread you will see what the 8th digs is for.

Four years ago when the new decoder came out, there was a rumor floating around about them running out of numbers...

FYI, There are no "rc" transponders with numbers 2000000 and lower.

It would be surprising and unprofessional as a business to hurt so many customers by creating a future system that the current PT's wouldn't work on. My 2 pennies.
I agree....
Old 11-25-2009, 07:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by justanotherdude
worldwide? really?
how many people do you know that have at least three or four PTs?
Yeah really. In most other sports only the pro racers are required transponders, such as motocross. Most r/c racers have 2-3 that I have met. That still leaves 3 million+ racers out there. I hope their are that many people into racing enough to buy transponders, that would be sweet!!! Doubtful, but sweet!!! Doesn't matter though I guess, just for discussion sake.
FYI, There are no "rc" transponders with numbers 2000000 and lower.
Interesting, never heard that before. So we are down to 8 million possibilities.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:18 AM
sac
Tech Regular

I have talked to a rep from MYLAPS/AMB U.S.A and they said the new transponders will not be out over here until early fall next year.Also that it will be only 7 digit numbers.
I was also told that there will be a price increase on the AMBRC3 system after the first of the year.Don't know if that includes transponders,i forgot to ask.Also there are no plans for a new less expensive system.I would like to know how they justify a price increase on a 5+ old system .That has not had any changes to it, sense it came out.

If they keep increasing the price of a system for the tracks who are just starting up ,the I-LAP infered system will start to look more interesting to them. www.rclapcounter.com

SAC
Old 11-25-2009, 01:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sac
I would like to know how they justify a price increase on a 5+ old system .That has not had any changes to it, sense it came out.
www.rclapcounter.com

SAC

Lots of companies have price increases with out upgrading products.
My company has had multiple price increases on 15 year old products that have had no upgrades.
Insurance, labor, raw material cost, marketing, taxes, suppliers price increases and freight effect your production cost and margins and cause price increases. You can't just keep on eating the increases because you haven't upgraded the product.
Heck in these economic times we lose suppliers of goods and services required to manufacture products all the time. You have to find an alternate source for the product or service and most of the time its at a higher cost.

Its just business...not everyone is trying to screw you.

Steve
Old 12-02-2009, 03:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Rc is a hobby that does not have a huge expanding user base. So most companies have to market "new" or "updated" products to the same people (see Xray, Tamiya, et al).

This should not be a surprising move by AMB. Look at how any used transponder gets $75 all day long on the for sale threads. And now they have other people moving in on their action....
Old 04-20-2010, 01:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Would like to ask about PTX in offroad MT... What max distance from ground I can place transponder and still be able to get good readings? Is it important to place it horizontally? Can I place it vertically?

Thank you!
Old 04-21-2010, 01:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

I want one! May i know where to get them online or something?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.