Any word about the company?

The website doesn't allow me to purchase and I got an email reply back stating:
Company Shutdown Oct 2009
(16th - 30th) Support and
sales enquiries suspended.
For transponder sales and
information please visit:
http://www.rclaps.com

I just want to purchase two: one cloned with an AMB traded in and one without a trade in.

Please advise,
Follow the directions and wait till the 30th or a bit after.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Terry

Got my transponders today Thank You for the quick service!!!
Old 11-05-2009, 08:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by jjislas
so whats the price? at the PDF is like 46GBP about 100USD pretty much the same of an AMB

Hi Terry!!!! are you back?
Old 11-10-2009, 01:22 AM
Tech Regular

I read the first 10 pages or so of this thread...skipped ahead to page 25 and now here.

I see that the T1-10 is unavailable and that Terry stated that a replacement would be released in 2009. Any one have any updates? Did I miss this in page 11-24?

My group is just now building a track. We have an AMB20 system that we plan to use. I can only get 8-10 transponders to hold a charge and have been looking at sending them out to get the batteries replaced. I have read about the PTX's in the past but never paid attention to the T1-10 until now. So any info would be appreciated.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:43 AM
Tech Regular

Just thought I'd add that the service from these guys is superb. I have no hesistation in recommending them if you need a new PT!
Old 11-15-2009, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

My LHS got 10 in this week so I picked one up to try it out. Size is awesome and everything worked great. I will be posting a review on my website later and will update as time progresses
Old 11-21-2009, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Terry...apparently AMB/MyLaps is coming out with a new type of transponder utilizing 8 digits. Some see this as a move to block out competitor's transponders able to work on their systems (like yours). Will people who buy (not clone) an MRT transponder be able to buy an updated 8-digit one in case AMB begins phasing out 7-digit ones? (not likely, but it seems thats what they might try to do).
Old 11-21-2009, 05:18 PM
Tech Master

I think there would be a riot on there hands if that occurred.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scr_achy
My LHS got 10 in this week so I picked one up to try it out. Size is awesome and everything worked great. I will be posting a review on my website later and will update as time progresses
are there any shops in the usa that are selling the mrt transponders out right and not cloning? how much?
Old 11-22-2009, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

I got mine from my LHS (rcplus.com) I think it was about $80, alittle bit more then what you can get them direct, but I didn't have to pay for shipping or wait. Last I checked he had 3 left.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:30 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Originally Posted by Syber Serulean
Terry...apparently AMB/MyLaps is coming out with a new type of transponder utilizing 8 digits. Some see this as a move to block out competitor's transponders able to work on their systems (like yours). Will people who buy (not clone) an MRT transponder be able to buy an updated 8-digit one in case AMB begins phasing out 7-digit ones? (not likely, but it seems thats what they might try to do).

doesn't make much sense that they'd "block out" their own older models too?
when instead is just seems it's a way for them to have more numbers at their access, as I'd guess they've probably sold several million to date
Old 11-23-2009, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

They 'blocked out' their own old AMB-10 system, didn't they? Of course that was before the days of PT's. Anyway, its called 'planned obsolencense'. No doubt they are looking down the road and want to make everyone update to a future new system using only 8 digit PTs. They can't stay in business from only selling PT's now, can they? Nope, gotta force everyone to 'upgrade' every so many years.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:54 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Stealth_RT
They can't stay in business from only selling PT's now, can they?

you are aware that RC is not their only racing/lap-counting intererest, no?

making your old stuff not work is not called "planned obsolencense," it's called foolishness and obsolencing (sic) yourself right out of business. that would be like Ford or VW preprogramming their cars' computer system to stop running at 100K to force customers to buy a new one.

tell me, who in their right mind that bought a brand new transponder this year would buy another from a company next year just because that company decided to "upgrade" and didn't include their year-old unit?
Old 11-24-2009, 08:41 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by justanotherdude
making your old stuff not work is not called "planned obsolencense," it's called foolishness and obsolencing (sic) yourself right out of business. that would be like Ford or VW preprogramming their cars' computer system to stop running at 100K to force customers to buy a new one.
Whats the problem?
In order for the 7-digits PT's and clones not to be working anymore, ALL tracks using AMB equipment need to upgrade to a new system as well...
I don't see that happening on a short notice...

AMB is just preparing for the future, and I know they have some nice features coming....
Old 11-24-2009, 09:20 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by M7H
Whats the problem?
In order for the 7-digits PT's and clones not to be working anymore, ALL tracks using AMB equipment need to upgrade to a new system as well...
I don't see that happening on a short notice...

AMB is just preparing for the future, and I know they have some nice features coming....
no problem, just saying it doesn't make much sense to upgrade if it makes everything else you've made in recent years obsolete. imagine the uproar if a club hosts a big race and guys show up with older model PTs and are told to drop a Franklin or not race.
like I said, while the new system might offer some "nice features" and the new PTs are more compact, I tend to believe the going to 8-digits is to just open themselves up to more numbers as the 7-number combinations have probably been just about gone through and they are planning for the future of additional sales and with more sales they need more numbers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.