Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 08:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
I sent this to Tech support, but wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue.

Hey guys, I had an issue with my TC this weekend, it would randomly go into some time of shutdown or protection mode, which locked my servo in one direction and gave a little throttle, making the car do doughnuts. If the car was turned off and back on, it worked normally. I have not isolated the issue completely, but I did switch receivers, disconnected my fan and reset my one touch, verified the battery wasn't too low (would happen about 2 mins in from a fully charged pack). I am using futaba faast with it. Do you know of any conditions that would lead to this? I am not sure it is the speedo, just trying to track it down since it's not entirely repeatable, but did happen about ever other run.
Hi,

I had the same probs with futaba.

Put a RX-capacitor 1800uF in your futaba fasst receiver, that will help.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:51 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
I sent this to Tech support, but wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue.

Hey guys, I had an issue with my TC this weekend, it would randomly go into some time of shutdown or protection mode, which locked my servo in one direction and gave a little throttle, making the car do doughnuts. If the car was turned off and back on, it worked normally. I have not isolated the issue completely, but I did switch receivers, disconnected my fan and reset my one touch, verified the battery wasn't too low (would happen about 2 mins in from a fully charged pack). I am using futaba faast with it. Do you know of any conditions that would lead to this? I am not sure it is the speedo, just trying to track it down since it's not entirely repeatable, but did happen about ever other run.
That is a DSM brown out. Your receiver is going into a fail safe mode. That's why it's going to a "fixed" state.

Is this 1s? 2s?
Old 01-21-2010, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

Yes, it is possible that temporarily the voltage drops off on the receiver and it loses bind then it needs to re-bind to work. I have not had the problem personally, but I have seen it happen to others around me. Perhaps the capacitor suggestion can help you by storing a bit of charge so it fills in when there is a higher curent drain. What is your servo drain (if using a high-torque high speed servo you may actually have currents as high as 5A)?
Old 01-21-2010, 09:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Robert_K
Alexander,

I'm not sure about Zoran's ESC. He's not sure it got hot....
Mine didn't get hot. Temp'ed it and it was just 29 degrees C....
Just room temp ;-)....

How's the V203 working in your WGT at Mach?

Best Regards

Robert
Well i just installed it last weekend. I was reluctant to install it emmediatly when it came out as i finaly found a good setup with v200 for indoor. As you know i struggled all summer season with v200 (and for that matter all versions really) and for indoor with a duo2 13.5t and 2s lipo (new motor for indoor usage) after a few test rounds i had good results . Speed was on par with the rest and motor temp. was only 35-40 degrees Celcius after 7 minutes race. No idea where that came from or what i did wrong last summer outside So at first i didn't want to install a new version just after 2 months or so after i finaly found speed without a hot motor. .

Anyway, curiousity got the better of me and will test tommorow
Old 01-21-2010, 09:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
Well i just installed it last weekend. I was reluctant to install it emmediatly when it came out as i finaly found a good setup with v200 for indoor. As you know i struggled all summer season with v200 (and for that matter all versions really) and for indoor with a duo2 13.5t and 2s lipo (new motor for indoor usage) after a few test rounds i had good results . Speed was on par with the rest and motor temp. was only 35-40 degrees Celcius after 7 minutes race. No idea where that came from or what i did wrong last summer outside So at first i didn't want to install a new version just after 2 months or so after i finaly found speed without a hot motor. .

Anyway, curiousity got the better of me and will test tommorow
You can always set it back tot the V200
Old 01-21-2010, 10:05 AM
Tech Master

oh i know but at i didn't want to go through the hasttle of recalibrating, re tuning the esc and change rollout and go through setup changes once again. Ok i am just lazy
Old 01-21-2010, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
oh i know but at i didn't want to go through the hasttle of recalibrating, re tuning the esc and change rollout and go through setup changes once again. Ok i am just lazy
You will be sorry that you didn't updated it earlier
Old 01-21-2010, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Randy-

First off I recently switched over to the RS from the SPX and so far I am very impressed. The Tekin RS is really an all in one package that really delivers.

So now a couple of questions:

I have been messing around with the Throttle profiles on the v203 software and I am not sure what I am feeling. I can feel a difference, but I am not sure what they are. Can you provide some information on the characteristics of each profile and specially what CST is? Also, I would assume that some profiles are geared toward certain types of racing, and if you could explain how those would match up.

Thanks,
Art
Old 01-21-2010, 10:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by artwork
Randy-

First off I recently switched over to the RS from the SPX and so far I am very impressed. The Tekin RS is really an all in one package that really delivers.

So now a couple of questions:

I have been messing around with the Throttle profiles on the v203 software and I am not sure what I am feeling. I can feel a difference, but I am not sure what they are. Can you provide some information on the characteristics of each profile and specially what CST is? Also, I would assume that some profiles are geared toward certain types of racing, and if you could explain how those would match up.

Thanks,
Art
Unlike lerp, throttle profiles are totally different in what they actually do. On the spx they controlled the timing to a degree (mainly 7 and 8), but throttle profiles on the RS are the exact same as expo on your radio. Setting 3 is linear, 1 is lots of negative expo, and 5 is lots of positive expo. CST stands for custom and is not active at the moment. A future software update will provide the ability to fully customize the throttle curve.
If you have a very slow track and need lots of low speed control use setting 2. If you are running oval and need fine throttle control at high speed choose 4 or 5. Or just leave it at 3 and use the expo on your radio.

What were called "profiles" on the spx are now totally controllable by you via "boost" and "turbo". Drop a note as to what class and track you are running and lots of people can help get you on the right path, or look within the last 5-10 pages for lots of general setups.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Krio
Unlike lerp, throttle profiles are totally different in what they actually do. On the spx they controlled the timing to a degree (mainly 7 and 8), but throttle profiles on the RS are the exact same as expo on your radio. Setting 3 is linear, 1 is lots of negative expo, and 5 is lots of positive expo. CST stands for custom and is not active at the moment. A future software update will provide the ability to fully customize the throttle curve.
If you have a very slow track and need lots of low speed control use setting 2. If you are running oval and need fine throttle control at high speed choose 4 or 5. Or just leave it at 3 and use the expo on your radio.

What were called "profiles" on the spx are now totally controllable by you via "boost" and "turbo". Drop a note as to what class and track you are running and lots of people can help get you on the right path, or look within the last 5-10 pages for lots of general setups.

I am running on CST now and it feels different then Profile 1. Does CST default to one of the other profiles?
Old 01-21-2010, 10:26 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Krio's right. Our throttle profiles do not change timing or other power settings. What they do change is the throttle curve. This is similiar to the exp setting on your transmitter.

I always run 3 which is linear. 4 and 5 are positive more agressive curves , where as 1 and 2 are negative less agressive curves. It's all expalined in the manual.

In general as traction comes up some of our team guys raise the TP setting to have a more agressive feel. Likewise in the 1/8 offorad stuff I run low settings because the power is insane from the word go! LOL
Old 01-21-2010, 10:31 AM
Tech Adept

I am sure this question has been raised before so please forgive me.

In single cell when trying to calibrate my speedo to my radio. (nuetral, full throttle and brake) it just doesn't work... I am doing the procedure correctly per the instructions. My servo works fine but no throttle. Nuetral beeps fine but when I pull the trigger full I get no chime at all. Lights 1 3 and 5 are blinking. Voltage cuttoff is set correctly at 3. radio calibrations are all set to factory settings.

Any idea?

Thanks
Old 01-21-2010, 10:34 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by march to my own
I am sure this question has been raised before so please forgive me.

In single cell when trying to calibrate my speedo to my radio. (nuetral, full throttle and brake) it just doesn't work... I am doing the procedure correctly per the instructions. My servo works fine but no throttle. Nuetral beeps fine but when I pull the trigger full I get no chime at all. Lights 1 3 and 5 are blinking. Voltage cuttoff is set correctly at 3. radio calibrations are all set to factory settings.

Any idea?

Thanks
Reset your radio to default settings or go to a new profile that has no settings. Endpoints that are way off from default can really mess with it.

Also make sure your throttle servo reverse setting is set to normal. Although I hear some radios need to be reversed to work (not mine though).
Old 01-21-2010, 10:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mikky32
You will be sorry that you didn't updated it earlier
I hope you are right.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

i will admit to..i was a little scarred to install it.being that i never tampered with none of the other versions.this is my 1st tekin esc.i was using an lrp sphere tc esc.i installed this version as soon as i got my tekin and went out after having some help with what settings to try.it felt good and smooth untill the turbo kicks in.then it just throws my timing off.so i have been trying different settings to get the turbo to come on alot quicker.i will find out tomorrow how it works.if i do not like i will try turning the boost off and advance the timing to try and get that raw/smooth feeling like as i did with the lrp.im not sure track size.but its not real big there and its not as small as some of the places i went to.
alot of this softwear confuses the crap out of me.so im trying to learn this all i can.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.