Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 09:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FNlewis
OK, I got the v200 in but I got no turbo boost or the delay slider, Did I do somthing wrong?

Delay is not a slider. It is a small set of arrows on the right hand side Have you clicked on the sensored box to put a tick in the box? Then the turbo slider will appear and the delay function wil appear just above the sensored box.

Did you also delete all previous versions of Hotwire. If using Vista did you also delete the hidden file?
Old 08-27-2009, 10:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'm going to get the RS tomorrow.
I saw something on here about it not working well with Spektrum systems.
Will I have a Problem? I have a DX3S with a SR3300T Receiver.

Thanks
Old 08-27-2009, 10:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Im using a DX3R and have no problems with the Tekin RS, works great
Old 08-27-2009, 10:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rccar306109

Thanks
I am using spektrum (DX3) and I can't say there is any more of a problem than it is with the spektrums and other electronics. Every now and then I suspect there's some loss of communication between my radio and the receiver (mainly because steering response seems slow) but that's nothing to do with the speedy. Your steering servo is going to be affected just as much. I am contemplating upgrading my radio to a more reliable unit even though the link is only lost for tiny fractions of a second as far as I have experienced until now. These are important though when you're going flat out into a corner.

DX3R is DSM2 and it is claimed to have solved the link problems.

Hope others will chime in on this.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

vista x64 support?
Old 08-27-2009, 10:53 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rccar306109

Thanks
I run a Hitec CRX radio with the Spektrum Pro module and haven't had any issues.
Old 08-27-2009, 11:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by cannon
Delay is not a slider. It is a small set of arrows on the right hand side Have you clicked on the sensored box to put a tick in the box? Then the turbo slider will appear and the delay function wil appear just above the sensored box.

Did you also delete all previous versions of Hotwire. If using Vista did you also delete the hidden file?
I did take out v198 put v200, checked the sensored box all it did is go from timing boost to timing advance,
Old 08-27-2009, 11:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by IIGQ4U
I am hosting V 200 everything is 100% legitimate.

http://files.me.com/iigq4u/p5vc4v

The pass code is 0011 and is required to access the download.
is this is the v200 I need?
Old 08-27-2009, 11:50 PM
Tech Elite

OK, I got the v200 in but I got no turbo boost or the delay slider, Did I do somthing wrong?
You have the V200 Hotwire version but have you updated your esc to the V200 software ?
The turbo delay and slider will only show when the esc is running that version software.

Old 08-28-2009, 02:20 AM
Tech Master

No 64 bit OS support
Old 08-28-2009, 06:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
We "could" do motor dyno runs, efficiency etc. My PERSONAL opinion on this is that right now we have more than enough battery for any situation out there. We're not dumping or running out of battery power. Running high timing is NEVER efficient, you should see some of the current jumps you get by just going up 10 degrees!

Dyno ran motors can do one thing in my opinion, then can "help" find the right gear for that motor. However if we change the timing on this motor we then change the power that motor makes. SO now dyno'ing motors seems to only show which motor makes more watts at a given setting.

Sometimes a high rpm setup/motor that makes good efficiency but has low watts when geared right will have an overall faster run vs. a motor with gobs of torque but no spool out. Theoretically you "should" be able to gear them to work identical but that often doesn't happen.

I tease the dyno junkies in my area: "We don't race dynos, we race r/c cars"

It does have a purpose though as it does test motor vs motor.
Thanks Randy, this explanation makes sense. I'll have to find the settings that make my car drive the way I want it to.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:53 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by razzor
You have the V200 Hotwire version but have you updated your esc to the V200 software ?
The turbo delay and slider will only show when the esc is running that version software.

I do have a litle box pop up at the bottem of the screen BUT when i click on it it does nothing....how do I get the new software in the esc?
Old 08-28-2009, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
We "could" do motor dyno runs, efficiency etc. My PERSONAL opinion on this is that right now we have more than enough battery for any situation out there. We're not dumping or running out of battery power. Running high timing is NEVER efficient, you should see some of the current jumps you get by just going up 10 degrees!

Dyno ran motors can do one thing in my opinion, then can "help" find the right gear for that motor. However if we change the timing on this motor we then change the power that motor makes. SO now dyno'ing motors seems to only show which motor makes more watts at a given setting.

Sometimes a high rpm setup/motor that makes good efficiency but has low watts when geared right will have an overall faster run vs. a motor with gobs of torque but no spool out. Theoretically you "should" be able to gear them to work identical but that often doesn't happen.

I tease the dyno junkies in my area: "We don't race dynos, we race r/c cars"

It does have a purpose though as it does test motor vs motor.
Everything you say is right and I for one knew all that. It is the exact reason why for me it is better to have the dyno printout than guess what my gearing should be.

I agree it is more work for you guys but on the other hand it can have two potential benefits.

One, it shows transparency and for people like me this is more important than any recommendation any product can have (because even with all the caveats it still is a quantitative measure of what the motor does rather than someone's opinion, be they as kind as they can be).

Two it may actually guide the public to realise they need to think for themselves instead of gearing as told and then asking why did I fry it?
Old 08-28-2009, 08:06 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I do have a litle box pop up at the bottem of the screen BUT when i click on it it does nothing....how do I get the new software in the esc?
On the bottom right there, where it lists all the version numbers, you click on "200", then click on "update ESC". For some strange unknown reason, tekin decided to use black text on a black background for all the function buttons in the interface, so you will have to hover your mouse over them till you find it. It is down there on the bottom right corner somewhere. It will then go through a 4 step process to update the esc... takes about a minute or minute and a half.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
On the bottom right there, where it lists all the version numbers, you click on "200", then click on "update ESC". For some strange unknown reason, tekin decided to use black text on a black background for all the function buttons in the interface, so you will have to hover your mouse over them till you find it. It is down there on the bottom right corner somewhere. It will then go through a 4 step process to update the esc... takes about a minute or minute and a half.
I dont get the options screen for 198 199 200, and I have clicked on the updates thats in the black and it does nothing, Randy emailed me somthing about a virtual store & video I have know clue that this is.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.