Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 02:48 PM
Tech Addict

Cool, thanks shaggy!

How much benefit is all this timing on smaller tracks with heavy cars (rubber tire / carpet / sedan?) I've toyed with it all quite a bit, and it seems like all it does is shift the power band around, and often lead to more heat, but not really change the overall speed if geared correctly. Maybe it matters more on big tracks where the motors have time to wind up?
Old 12-29-2008, 03:06 PM
Tech Adept

Default timing and boost for duo.

adam,
i had tried turning the motors timing all the way up to 20 degrees but the motors(both 13.5 and 17.5) seemed a little flat, then i read a post on here where the guys from EA were using the duos and had found that setting the timing at 10 degrees the motor had more torque coming out of the hole so I tried it sun. and was pleased with the results. the motors seem to pull real hard out the corners and the top end was excellent. couple of questions, what motor u using and how big a track are u runnin on? I'm runnin on two different size tracks 75' by 48' and 100' by 48' so maybe I can suggest a good rollout to start at.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:19 PM
Tech Addict

Running a DUO 13.5 (Fantom) on a 70x60 (pictures) carpet track in rubber tire sedan. We've managed to get very quick with the LRP ESC using the 10 degree timing hole on these motors, and gearing them between 4.5 and 5.0. I can't seem to get my Tekin to rip like the LRP, however, and always end up going back to it.

I've also noticed, when using boost, the motors sound a lot different when using the Tekin. It's almost as if they're not winding up, 'cause the sound is kind of... strained, I guess.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Zken
LOL @ Adams "GIANT X" comment

Thanks for the kind words!!! heh heh.

Note taken about the GUI's. Valid point with the PDA and smaller mobile screens getting alot more use these days. Something for us to look into.

Thanks
It's pretty, man, don't get me wrong! With the popularity of netbooks on the rise, we're going to see more devices of low resolution popping up. In fact, it seems like they'd make a nice little track companion for browsing, and keeping up with all the software required to race toy cars these days.
Old 12-29-2008, 04:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Hi guys, I am looking for a Tekin RS (Non-Pro) to purchase so if you are interested in selling yours, let me know asap.

I can't wait to experiment with this esc.
Old 12-29-2008, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Micro_Racer
Yes that is true if you have a screen that is larger than 14 inches. Most Mini laptops and PDA's have a fixed screen and resolution. My Mini HP 1000 is fixed at 1024x600. iPods and the new gen PDA with USB ports will not have higher resolutions.

Once again the software is very cool, but like all racers know it's not about how it looks!
For what it's worth, I don't have a 14" screen here, mine is 12"diagonal, or 9 5/8" wide. I have the options of 800x600, or 1024x768. In 1024 mode, the actual screen resolution stays the same, but the image on screen scrolls when you get the the edge of the screen with the mouse. It's like having an 800x600 "window" into a 1024x768 screen. IT's an ancient Dell latitude, Pentium mmx 233mhz CPU...

Just posted that tip cause it helped me, I guess it won't work for everyone... I'd also LOVE to see a standard interface for the hotwire software... while it's working here, it is DOG slow on this hairy old laptop...

When I DO slide the window open it takes upward of a minute to happen, but it does eventually get there...

At least the option to turn the fancy skin mode off would be welcome...
Old 12-29-2008, 05:00 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Zken
LOL @ Adams "GIANT X" comment

Thanks for the kind words!!! heh heh.

Note taken about the GUI's. Valid point with the PDA and smaller mobile screens getting alot more use these days. Something for us to look into.

Thanks
Thanks for listening to the racers! For the money, the mini laptops are the best pit tool!
Old 12-29-2008, 06:02 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Adam? I'm curious to hear that you don't have the rip of the LRP. I'd like to see your esc settings.

We should have every bit of rip or more if setup correctly.
Old 12-29-2008, 06:11 PM
Tech Initiate

guys, anybody knows what's the specs of the small powercap?

Originally Posted by OrAnGe PoWeR
Hi guys! just finished installing my new RS Pro.. here's the picture.. can't wait to run this..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33770862@N05/3146921475/
that's one clean install!
Old 12-29-2008, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by addicted2rc
guys, anybody knows what's the specs of the small powercap?

that's one clean install!
330 micro farad 16volt
Old 12-29-2008, 06:31 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Adam? I'm curious to hear that you don't have the rip of the LRP. I'd like to see your esc settings.

We should have every bit of rip or more if setup correctly.
I've tried a number of things, but it always feels a little soft on the bottom. Any suggestions for a starting point on the RS (with a DUO 13.5) that should feel similar to the LRP? I'd much rather use the Tekin.
Old 12-29-2008, 06:35 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by miller tyme
330 micro farad 16volt
thanks!
Old 12-29-2008, 06:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'll like to thank Chris Cooper for his great assistance at the Nexus Track in Atlanta, ga. this past weekend. I just bought the rs pro and the 17.5 for my 12 scale and he helped me set everything up. It was awesome. I'm trying to get the gears right, but my car was extremely fast. He is an awesome team member for tekin because he offers so much attention to all drivers and he also has a great attitude.

Shawn Buchanan
Old 12-29-2008, 07:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

I have a question, I have the hotwire system. Should I increase the timing on my motor as well as on the hotwire system or just on the hotwire system through the boost? I was just using the boost, but I see that some people are durig both.

Shawn Buchanan
Old 12-29-2008, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bucatl
I have a question, I have the hotwire system. Should I increase the timing on my motor as well as on the hotwire system or just on the hotwire system through the boost? I was just using the boost, but I see that some people are durig both.

Shawn Buchanan
It's preference and a little motor brand/track dependent. Some motors like the grunt of low mechanical timing and the top end offered through the speedo timing. For 17.5 1/12, with a Putnam tuned Duo motor I run midtiming and about 5 degrees of boost. I'm still playing around but I think I prefer to gear the motor and set-up the car for 0 boost and then use the boost as a fine tune and for that little extra top-end through the sweeper.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.