Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 09:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jjfo80
Well run which ever one wins... gee is it that hard to work out.... You shouldnt need numbers to tell you which is better if you have the choice of both work it out for yourself....

To work it out for myself is not what I expected to do after I paid my money.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Let's set this record straight. Tekin chose to make 212 the ROAR approved software. We CHOSE to change the led's so ANYONE can see that the user is using 212.

The ROAR paved nats spec class was won by an LRP TC SPhere Comp, I know I was there.

At the IIC the majority of the guys running spec were already running Tekin. Why WOULD they switch if they already have it and know how it works. We dominated nearly EVERY stock anything class at that race spec or not.

The team has ran 208 vs. 212 already and told you there is no difference. Tekin has always used superior components and superior assembly techniques. A quote from a ROAR member " You can't blame them for building a better mouse trap" un-named.

Move on.

Guys we're still working on the server. If you need 212 right away hit me up on Live Chat I can give it to you there.
period......
Old 10-20-2010, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

Jesus ! That's setting the record straight ?
Sounds more like a broken record to me !
Old 10-20-2010, 10:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jag88
So everything you pay for is perfect huh?? Well your living in a world no one else is.....
Old 10-20-2010, 10:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Let's set this record straight. Tekin chose to make 212 the ROAR approved software. We CHOSE to change the led's so ANYONE can see that the user is using 212.

The ROAR paved nats spec class was won by an LRP TC SPhere Comp, I know I was there.

At the IIC the majority of the guys running spec were already running Tekin. Why WOULD they switch if they already have it and know how it works. We dominated nearly EVERY stock anything class at that race spec or not.

The team has ran 208 vs. 212 already and told you there is no difference. Tekin has always used superior components and superior assembly techniques. A quote from a ROAR member " You can't blame them for building a better mouse trap" un-named.

Move on.

Guys we're still working on the server. If you need 212 right away hit me up on Live Chat I can give it to you there.
Again!! no answer, well below is an email i got from the President of ROAR Dawn Sanchez:

"The 208 profile is not legal under ROAR Sportsman ESC rules. The list has been updated to state profile 212 and signifying indicators.

Dawn"

The reason tekin "CHOSE" to make the 212 the ROAR software is b/c 208 WAS NOT LEGAL!!!!!!! So new software and blinking lights.......

Randy, let me quote you "The team has ran 208 vs. 212 already and told you there is no difference. Tekin has always used superior components and superior assembly techniques." Why update software from 208 to 212, and not "build a better mouse trap"??????? B/C 208 is illegal!!!!!!

I own Tekin's..... I just wish you would admit you got busted and move on, stop covering it up......
Old 10-20-2010, 10:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jjfo80
ha ha to all you guys out there carrying on in saying 208 was illegal and it had timing and all the rest of it... If you guys really want to know and think you are good enough work it out for yourself..... You all seem to know everything. The made new software to better the setup and move with the times.... Why is that so hard to understand??
So what your saying is... Roar simply put the 208 software under review until tekin could come up with the new and improved 212 software. Yea that makes perfect sense.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jag88
Jag88, drop it already. If you don't like the answer that Randy provided you don't need to continue to ask the same thing over and over. If you feel that they are not being fair to you then do what you need to do. However, they have already provided you with their answer and that is the end of it. Coming from anyone else that is not a direct employee of Tekin is just a rumor.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Murray
Again!! no answer, well below is an email i got from the President of ROAR Dawn Sanchez:

"The 208 profile is not legal under ROAR Sportsman ESC rules. The list has been updated to state profile 212 and signifying indicators.

Dawn"

The reason tekin "CHOSE" to make the 212 the ROAR software is b/c 208 WAS NOT LEGAL!!!!!!! So new software and blinking lights.......

Randy, let me quote you "The team has ran 208 vs. 212 already and told you there is no difference. Tekin has always used superior components and superior assembly techniques." Why update software from 208 to 212, and not "build a better mouse trap"??????? B/C 208 is illegal!!!!!!

I own Tekin's..... I just wish you would admit you got busted and move on, stop covering it up......

So if they built a better mouse trap would have you bought it... I doubt it... Software for the end user is free and easy to change. Get over it
Old 10-20-2010, 10:13 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks Randy looks great. You must be working your butt off this afternoon mate
Old 10-20-2010, 10:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by skypilot
So what your saying is... Roar simply put the 208 software under review until tekin could come up with the new and improved 212 software. Yea that makes perfect sense.
No it was approved until it was not approved. Gee you guys are smart.
Roar approved it. They are the body that should have the answer. 212 is it now so shit happens... download it and change it and be done with it.... I will defend anyone that doesnt deserve crap given to them. Get out of what directly effects you and think outside the box and stop being so narrow minded
Old 10-20-2010, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

It's evident that no one is going to get the true story on why 208 was pulled from ROAR's list. Tekin reps are going to dodge the question every opportunity they get. Tekin needs to protect their integrity.

It's been stated that 212 has better features, hence the ROAR update. Well, the fact that the LED representation has to change, means something was wrong/not right with 208, period. Think about it, if nothing changed in the No Timing Profile and only new features for braking and throttle deadband were added, there's no reason to change the blinking sequence.

Something went wrong, let's leave it at that and move on!

Randy, the Live Chat on Tekin's website? Or can I just PM you my info for 212?
Old 10-20-2010, 10:30 AM
Tech Adept

Vegas 212 is up on tekin's website, downloading now....
Old 10-20-2010, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Randy, got it. Thank you much.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Murray

Dawn"

Wow, How many times do you have to beat a dead horse!! There was a reason 212 was developed to replace 208 and that is their decision. Are we all going to jump Bill Gates butt about why they keep creating new O.S. patches for our computer every 3-6 months too. If a company has secrets (what company doesn't) and they don't want to tell you, then stop using their products and move on!!! Whether they did anything wrong or not is their problem, 212 is out now and 208 is a thing of the past... just like this subject!
I truely feel sorry for those of you that race with this guy, is he this way about everything? I really hate to judge anybody but wow........!
Old 10-20-2010, 10:34 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

http://www.teamtekin.com/hotwire.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.