Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 05:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yellowshark
Hi guys I could really do with some help on where to start with this one.

Big regional meet today and I put the car down for Q2 and the ESC wouldn’t bind to the transmitter, all the lights were flashing. I tried a quick calibration but the single light just stayed in the middle blinking.

So I retired to the pit, tried a few times switching the transmitter and esc off, going into calibration mode. Sitting there it suddenly bound and I got 4 laps in.

Back at the pits it lost it again. In desperation I
Deleted and reinstalled Hotwire on the computer
Connected the ESC and hit Update to update the firmware with 208
Rekeyed my settings over the factory settings
Tried to calibrate and it worked.

Probably 3 or 4 minutes before Q3 I checked it and same problem. . Same thing I couldn’t fix it with calibration and then all of a sudden it bound and calibrated. I left it all on and then headed off to Q3.

In all it dropped out 4 or 5 times during the day but fortunately it was only Q2 that was missed. On the track there was certainly no problem, coming 2nd in the A final.

NOW today is the first time we have ever run with 208 – a red herring?

Loose connection – thinking about the vibration during a race and wondering how there was not an issue during racing if it were this.

Calibration is done with setting the throttle/brake epa back to 90%
KO transmitter and KO 2.4 module.
Have run this 2.4 for 18 months and never had a problem. Have run 203 since March and never had a problem. Could it be software or must it be hardware

Any ideas??
The only time I have had problems with the ESC losing program was when the tech guy accidentally shorted the battery posts. That made the ESC not function at all. It would power the BEC and the servo would work, but the lights on esc would move like it was going to work and nothing happened. I thought it was fried. Took it back to the pits and reinstalled firmware and haven't had a problem with it since. So I would check your solder connections for any loose strands of wire. If they touch and short this could be causing the issue. I also use a KO and have had no problems with Tekin. I leave the EPA at 100 with no problems.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:23 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mobile chicane1
Tekin RS /RS pro 208 software set up

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone got a link to an explanation of how the software works regarding boost turbo and timing advance, I am running a tekin rs with a GM brushless sport motor which is STAR wound will this affect the settings I need to use including the FDR on my xray t3 touring car.

I run indoors and overheating the motor is a realy big problem.

update.

I need to get my head round how the boost and turbo work and how to gear the car as I think I may have been over driving the motor.

there is no real info on the 208 software regarding set ups on the tekin website or forum .

I've just done a few runs with timing advance at zero, boost at 45 with 14000 to 4873 rpms and a turbo of only 5 and I get about 55degc with no fan fitted with a fdr of 7.5 .

I need to find a base fdr and also a base timing advance as my gm 13.5 brushless sport is labeld as having advanced timing 30 degrees.

the car seemed quick but didnt have the top end spool up ( posibly due to the advance being zero) but without somthing else to compare it to I have no idea
a write up on the rs that helps
http://www.carsrcracing.co.uk/?p=188
Old 08-15-2010, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I got the same problem last night I missed Q1 and Q2 because my the darn ESC won't calibrate to my Ko Helios radio and found out that the Neutral Band needs to be set a default on the ESC or it won't calibrate at all.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE
a write up on the rs that helps
http://www.carsrcracing.co.uk/?p=188
At the bottom of that article out will find this link: http://rcfaq.weebly.com/tekin-rs--hotwire.html

Best reading I've done. I hope he will have an update for 208.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:31 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mobile chicane1
there is no real info on the 208 software regarding set ups on the tekin website or forum .
There are litterally HUNDREDS of pages with information on EXCATLY how all the settings in the tekin RS work, right here in this thread. . . hundreds.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
I got the same problem last night I missed Q1 and Q2 because my the darn ESC won't calibrate to my Ko Helios radio and found out that the Neutral Band needs to be set a default on the ESC or it won't calibrate at all.
The Ko radio is the most tempermental radio out. I have tons of test hours with the RS and the Helio's radio. Did you get your problem solved or do you still need a little assistance?
Old 08-15-2010, 09:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Is it a full Helios or do you have a Spektrum module. My Helios calibrates fine with the ESC neutral band set to minimum on the ESC
Old 08-15-2010, 09:56 PM
Tech Elite

It's fine I got it to calibrate and won the race
Old 08-15-2010, 09:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

That's good to hear
Old 08-15-2010, 10:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Never have had any issues with my KO Eurus and RS combo. Don't worry about being around Futaba's either.
Old 08-15-2010, 10:59 PM
Tech Elite

Old 08-16-2010, 05:07 AM
Tech Adept

Default new 208 software

Hi,

Has anyone used the new 208 software yet? i ran mine the other night using the same settings as v203 and it ran no cooler and seemed to have very aggressive acceleration, not smooth at all, r u supposed to run different settings or gearing with the new software?

any thoughts?
Old 08-16-2010, 06:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Tried running turbo on sensor mode using 208 on a SP 4.0T motor. FDR was 10.5 with rpm start at 9000plus end at 30000. The track infield was tight with a straight of 80 feet. Surprisingly in the infield, the motor was very torquey and on the straight when the turbo kicked in, it felt soft but accelerated very quickly to the end. Manage to run it in 3 minutes only as it was gettin too dark to see the track. Temp was only at 48deg C. Am goin to do more testrun again to find the right setup. The setup doesnt feel like i was running a 4.0T motor due to the torque of the setup but it outran the 11.5T motor on the straight which the 11.5T could keep up with it before using the Turbo mode. Will update again once i run a full 5min on the Turbo mode.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Akudou
Tried running turbo on sensor mode using 208 on a SP 4.0T motor. FDR was 10.5 with rpm start at 9000plus end at 30000. The track infield was tight with a straight of 80 feet. Surprisingly in the infield, the motor was very torquey and on the straight when the turbo kicked in, it felt soft but accelerated very quickly to the end. Manage to run it in 3 minutes only as it was gettin too dark to see the track. Temp was only at 48deg C. Am goin to do more testrun again to find the right setup. The setup doesnt feel like i was running a 4.0T motor due to the torque of the setup but it outran the 11.5T motor on the straight which the 11.5T could keep up with it before using the Turbo mode. Will update again once i run a full 5min on the Turbo mode.
We ran a 4.5t sensored with turbo and boost on a huge nitro track and the touring car literally pulled wheelies. We had multiple blow overs (like the hydro boats do) if you were on the throttle too hard hitting any of the bumps in the track.

It sure was a sight to see!
Old 08-16-2010, 06:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M-Technic
We ran a 4.5t sensored with turbo and boost on a huge nitro track and the touring car literally pulled wheelies. We had multiple blow overs (like the hydro boats do) if you were on the throttle too hard hitting any of the bumps in the track.

It sure was a sight to see!

Blow overs? You blew the motor you mean?
Mind sharing with me the settings for the 4.5T sensored turbo and its FDR? Would love to improve this current setting as we are trying to keep up with hobbywings turbo mod firmware on low turn motor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.