Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pro-10 Article in latest Xtreme

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 09:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by THE DARKSIDE
That's not totally correct Adrain. Due to waiting on parts from the machine shop, I was unable to send out a completed chassis for the magazine in time for their article. I did however send out several pictures as well as a descriptive narrative of the chassis and its features. This according to the magazine's representative was plenty acceptable for inclusion in the article. I'm puzzled that despite this information being sent, not a single reference was made to my company or the pictures of my chassis that were included in the magazine article. Very dissapointing to say the least.

Eric Dimmick
Darkside Motorsports
Eric didn't you and CRC with there pantura or the pantura was a 190mm car but from what I remember you had a car out long ago ? I also thought Hyperdrive had one as well but I might be wrong not sure.

And well CLC-MLP are at the back of the pack but we will have a Press release in mid may I think. We were not apart of the group discussing 200mm Pro-10 cars. But we have been testing one for over a year and waiting for Marty to give me the lead in the MLP Works Chassis, anyway CLC-MLP is coming out with one as well!!

Thanks

C.C.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

the darkside car has indeed been out for about a year..
Old 04-06-2008, 06:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I think they showed a pic of the I-Force but then went on to name drop AE and Tamiya and forget to mention Darkside or Hyperdrive.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:07 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

We all need to keep in mind that XRC did us all a favor. We all tried our best to get a car to them in time. Some were able to and some were not. This was an article to show that the class is coming and to put some credibility to it. This was in no way a comparison or test of any sort. Any company who has or plan to make a car will benefit from the article being that people are aware of the coming of this class. Alot of enthusiests do not come on RC Tech so they are not aware that these cars are in or going into production.

The companies that did not get them ready in time for the article can always send them in to XRC for a review when they get them completed. XRC has always been very supportive of the hobby and i dont want to discourage them from doing these articles. I thank them for helping us manufacturers get the class going and into the hands of the general public and on the tracks.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi I hope what I said here was not taken as negative remarks I just wanted to add my 2cents on what I have seen, thinking I should think sometime before acting.

C.C.

sorry if I offended anyone and I love XRC and all they and others do.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:36 PM
Tech Lord

No offense was taken buddy. I can definately see eric and others kinda getting frustrated. I just dont want to see the frustration offend anyone at XRC being that they really did do us all a favor with the article. I know all about unrealistic lead times and things dont always work out but we need to think of it a little differently. CRC,Speedmerchant, and BMI did get our cars in there with mention of the Darkside car along with a picture of it. AE and Tamiya were stated as possible contenders also. This alone opens a big window for every manufacturer interested. It shows a long list of soon to come cars along with future cars. People wont be as scepticle about picking one up if they see the class is supported by so many manufacturers and is big enough to make the magazines. We all kinda support eachother by offering cars.

So long story longer, dont get all worked up if you couldnt get a car ready in time,it happens to everyone at some point. The cars will all be noticed and will be well known in a short time.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:47 PM
Tech Master

I'm always surprised by negative comments as I've read. Magazines have deadlines, and unlike in manufacturing where you can just delay things a week or even a day, sometimes an hour...the show goes on with or without.

Adrian did the class a favor and did the leg work contacting everybody about the article. Those who didn't feel it was necessary to get a car here in time unfortunately didn't get any press. If the DS car had been here it would have gotten the same press as the rest. And if you you want to see the page rate for a full color ad to see the value of any company making sure products are in on time I can PM people.

Adrian even went as far as Overnighting the latest version of the car to ensure people saw their car in it's true form. Speedmerchant and CRC did the same.

I obviously am willing to do articles of cars and things that aren't popular but don't go sour grapes when it wasn't really our fault things weren't here on time.

I little tip for current and future companies. Use the press to your advantage, we're here to promote and help, but understand that if it's not here on time. The train leaves the station.

Glad everybody enjoyed the article and like that it showed a possible class in the future.
Old 04-08-2008, 04:26 PM
Tech Lord

Hey Derek,

I just want to say thanks for do the article. You guys really outdid yourselves. The coverage was really great and really shows and tells alot about the cars. Thanks again for helping this class happen.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DerekB
I'm always surprised by negative comments as I've read. Magazines have deadlines, and unlike in manufacturing where you can just delay things a week or even a day, sometimes an hour...the show goes on with or without.

Adrian did the class a favor and did the leg work contacting everybody about the article. Those who didn't feel it was necessary to get a car here in time unfortunately didn't get any press. If the DS car had been here it would have gotten the same press as the rest. And if you you want to see the page rate for a full color ad to see the value of any company making sure products are in on time I can PM people.

Adrian even went as far as Overnighting the latest version of the car to ensure people saw their car in it's true form. Speedmerchant and CRC did the same.

I obviously am willing to do articles of cars and things that aren't popular but don't go sour grapes when it wasn't really our fault things weren't here on time.

I little tip for current and future companies. Use the press to your advantage, we're here to promote and help, but understand that if it's not here on time. The train leaves the station.

Glad everybody enjoyed the article and like that it showed a possible class in the future.
Damn it Derek.... I was not going to renew Xtreme ( I'm a electric onroad racer only ) but still get the mag once in a while if something for electric onroad caught my eye but now I have to because of the Pro-10 article....
Thank you Xtreme for promoting the hobby on the cutting edge....