Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 INTERNATIONAL INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS "IIC" LAS VEGAS

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 09:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

race for non-sponsored drivers, ie your typical club racer that wants the thrill of a big even without the spill of getting passed every corner by pro drivers.
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Goingfast
17.5 Brushless Rubber Tire Amateur ? what is an amateur racer?
Someone that gets absolutely no help from a shop or company and pays for everything them selves. Read into that, no sponsered drivers at all.
Tech Master

here ya Go
Hello everyone,

I will try and answer the questions you guys are wondering about.

AMATEUR- Class is designed for the casual racer, regular guy who just loves this hobby, not professional, not semi pro, not 50% deal with whomever. Somebody posted a page or so ago, that it would not be in the spirit of this class, That is exactly what our goal is, A fun class where everyone understands what it is designed for, The spirit of racing. So if you have a "sponsorship" of any kind from any industry company, or you have been sponsored in the past, we invite you to run 13.5, the Amateur class is not for you.
Sure are there going to be rumors of guys that are supported by somebody or getting special help, sure their will be, but like EA said, he will give me a list as well as the rest of the industry and we will know who is on a supported team.
So my hope is that everyone that enters this class will do it in the spirit of it and it should make for one of the best classes at the IIC.

Thanks,
Scotty
Old 05-11-2008, 09:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smoke81
here ya Go
speaking of sponsorship...if someone is getting 50 percent off discount doesn't make every anyone semi -pro ....even top 10 drivers in the A main National Event and No B main class, Does that make him the semi pro racer? please be more clear...thanks
Old 05-11-2008, 09:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yeti35
Someone that gets absolutely no help from a shop or company and pays for everything them selves. Read into that, no sponsered drivers at all.
I don't see any problem getting help from the company, if you break ...as long as the company is not paying this driver salary ...
Old 05-11-2008, 10:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Help is just that buddy....HELP. Sorry
Old 05-11-2008, 10:34 PM
Tech Master

Hi guys,

Thanks guys for helping.

Goingfast: The Amateur division is designed for average club racers. Guys that are not into the national circuit of racing. Regular guys, Not professionals, not semi pro, not 50% off deals, Racers that do this for the love and spirit of the hobby, Our rule is if you get any assistance from whomever, you are not able to participate in this division. If you do receive assistance, you obviously felt you were good enough of a racer to seek or inquire or accept an offer of support. If so congratulations for your accomplishments and we invite you to run some of the other classes we have to offer. I hope this makes it a bit clearer, but if you have any other questions, please feel free to ask away.

Jaybe: More info regarding the bodies should be coming this week, I am just waiting for the final details.

AS Boomer said Tick Tock.

Later,
Scotty
Old 05-11-2008, 10:54 PM
Tech Master

Amateur= Pays retail for ALL parts.
Old 05-11-2008, 10:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Sounds like this year will be another great year for the IIC, i was lucky enough
to race in the first one and will be out to watch the Mains this year but wont be able to race in it. I'm very happy to see the amateur class being offered.
My nephew intends on running this class and lives in Vegas, there is no longer a carpet track in Vegas does anyone know where the closest track to Vegas would be?

Thanks and you can PM me w/ any info as I have no intentions of hijacking this thread

Good luck to everyone on getting in the race and see ya all in VEGAS

Tom
Old 05-12-2008, 02:29 AM
Ike
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trackdesigner71
We'll probably get an answer on the 15th. Either that or Dale will come on here and answer it for us
See my post above yours... I don't think there's much doubt what the AR8C is and the Mosler GTS seems like a fairly safe bet, though there are other possibilities.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation Questions!

Originally Posted by TRACKSIDE
Hi guys,

Thanks guys for helping.

Goingfast: The Amateur division is designed for average club racers. Guys that are not into the national circuit of racing. Regular guys, Not professionals, not semi pro, not 50% off deals, Racers that do this for the love and spirit of the hobby, Our rule is if you get any assistance from whomever, you are not able to participate in this division. If you do receive assistance, you obviously felt you were good enough of a racer to seek or inquire or accept an offer of support. If so congratulations for your accomplishments and we invite you to run some of the other classes we have to offer. I hope this makes it a bit clearer, but if you have any other questions, please feel free to ask away.

Jaybe: More info regarding the bodies should be coming this week, I am just waiting for the final details.

AS Boomer said Tick Tock.

Later,
Scotty
Hi Scotty,
I was wondering if I run the 17.5 sedan class and run the 1/12 17.5 class also can I use the same handout motor for both classes or do I still have to buy two and pay $90. I know it would be more convienent to have two motors that way i don't have to keep taking one for the other but I want to cut down on costs if possible. How soon after registering should we reserve our rooms at the hotel? Will foam tires be available at the race and do they come already trued? Do we need a tire truer? Will there be one available to use at the race?
Thanks in advance
Max
Old 05-12-2008, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by maxepower
Hi Scotty,
I was wondering if I run the 17.5 sedan class and run the 1/12 17.5 class also can I use the same handout motor for both classes or do I still have to buy two and pay $90. I know it would be more convienent to have two motors that way i don't have to keep taking one for the other but I want to cut down on costs if possible. How soon after registering should we reserve our rooms at the hotel? Will foam tires be available at the race and do they come already trued? Do we need a tire truer? Will there be one available to use at the race?
Thanks in advance
Max
not to speak for scotty, but the handout is per class and will be assigned to that class. with the co27 last year, the can's were tagged with a number and that was the motor you had for that specific class. I would only assume that the brushless would be handled the same was.

you can start reserving rooms now. if you search the thread, I beleive that the group ID was posted.

the hobby shop at the track is one of the best stocked shops.

hope that helps.
Old 05-12-2008, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

If you are running foams you better bring a truer unless you can borrow one from someone. There is no supplied truer at the track, just an area in which to do your tires.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Yeti35
If you are running foams you better bring a truer unless you can borrow one from someone. There is no supplied truer at the track, just an area in which to do your tires.
And don't forget a power supply to run it.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
And don't forget a power supply to run it.
Good point, I just think of it as a package deal, but some may not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.