Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 12:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Old 03-31-2008, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Well I ran a brand new set of 30's from this batch then a brand new set from last year and the new set was horrible and the old set was awesome., No change in setup. This was the general consensus of A main national level drivers at a race I was at this weekend.

But what do I know I'm stupid enough to drive a car that gives me a initial disadvantage anyways.
Not only that... I saw just about every other car running the new tires have the same issue. Losi cars, Corally cars, Tamiya cars... didn't matter.

Granted, this is an indoor asphalt track that has VERY high grip.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:53 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

This thread has the potential to be great! :-D
Old 03-31-2008, 01:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace

But what do I know I'm stupid enough to drive a car that gives me a initial disadvantage anyways.
You are your own initial disadvantage sir!!

Paul
Old 03-31-2008, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chicky03
You are your own initial disadvantage sir!!

Paul
You're probably right there but, I can still tell when one tire rips to shreds and one doesnt, I THINK.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
This thread has the potential to be great! :-D
Time to make some popcorn!
Old 03-31-2008, 01:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default tires

Perhaps you need to leave them in the bag for a year to get the proper performance.Sounds like the hot setup. (If you told enough people I bet you could get them to buy into it)

Must be like tubular bicycle tires.

Looks like sorex or jaco for the upcoming outdoor season in the northeast.

Cheers

Jamie
Old 03-31-2008, 01:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
If you are wiping out RP30's in one run on asphalt your car is set up WRONG. They should be fast for ~4 mod runs, or 6-10 19T or 27T runs.

The new ones seem to run identical to the old ones on asphalt.
Wow this is a pretty ignorant statement

I seem to remember running the reedy race at tamiya and the tires were 3tenths a lap faster on the first run. You have no chance at winning on 2nd run tires.

I suppose all 195 guys running at that race had their cars set up wrong also.

News flash........some tracks are more abrasive than others.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I concur...but it's pretty typical of certain people who are always condescending but not always correct.

Originally Posted by Josh H
Wow this is a pretty ignorant statement
Old 03-31-2008, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

LARRY.. the new RP-30s that were purchased recently were all blistering and coming apart..... Most drivers went back to the original RP-30s with the black header cards on them if the had any left.. if not they ran the original stuff.. and they did perform much better without the outside layer peeling..Basically all they guys around the pits bitched about the same performance and could not believe it....

As for car setup being wrong "I DON'T THINK SO!! our past race was held at an indoor asphalt track, with high bite traction and tennis grade asphalt!! The tires performed like as if they were too soft of a compound running at 100degree weather. These were 30 shore... some paid more than 35bucks for a set of these new batch of tires that didnt last.....

Arv.
Old 03-31-2008, 02:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ottoman
If you got them at Trackside then you have the new batch.
I ran them at "The Track" yesterday... 13.5 Tc... won the A... tires look great after a day of racing... no performance drop off all day... no issues at all.
Now this is on CARPET... maybe they dont work as well on asphalt but if your running them at Trackside they will be just fine.
My local hobby shop is actually Leisure Hours(I live 2 hours or so from Trackside)...and I will be running the tires on the 19th
Old 03-31-2008, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Old 03-31-2008, 03:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Well, I havent tried the newest batch of tires yet (probably will tomorrow). But I race at Seattle Indoor Raceway, a very high traction indoor asphalt track (now we're carpet... but anyway) and we held the 07 paved nats. We actually chose the rp36 tire as the spec tire purely because our track HAD so much grip and it was pretty abrasive as well.

RP30's were a one run tire, rp36's you could at least run a lot more and still pull off some good laptimes. They were still faster on their first run, but they didnt havea massive drop off after the first run like the 30's did.

-Korey
Old 03-31-2008, 03:06 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RCFREAK
LARRY.. the new RP-30s that were purchased recently were all blistering and coming apart..... Most drivers went back to the original RP-30s with the black header cards on them if the had any left.. if not they ran the original stuff.. and they did perform much better without the outside layer peeling..Basically all they guys around the pits bitched about the same performance and could not believe it....

As for car setup being wrong "I DON'T THINK SO!! our past race was held at an indoor asphalt track, with high bite traction and tennis grade asphalt!! The tires performed like as if they were too soft of a compound running at 100degree weather. These were 30 shore... some paid more than 35bucks for a set of these new batch of tires that didnt last.....

Arv.
This is exactly what happened at our local track. The new 30's came off the track shredded with only one run. Actually in some cases not even a run as one guy came off the track in 3 min during practice and the tires looked as if he just completed a 3 hour enduro.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yeah the new 30's peel like crazy, I thought something was horribly wrong with my setup but the car handled real well without much push, even the rears were peeling.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.