Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Slipper in a tc? why not?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Default Slipper in a tc? why not?

Has anyone ever thought of doing this? Putting a slipper clutch into a EP 1/10 on-road? I know that its not needed to keep from tearing gears up or anything. There are no jumps with on-road cars. And if you do its probably a rally not a full blown on-road. But think of it as like adding a limited-slip diff or traction control into a real car. Imagine how much harder you could get on the throttle out of a turn? Or atleast how much faster you could get onto it. Ease onto it still, just twice as fast. I mean that could really improve your lap times. Especially if your on a track that is a tight turn into a long straight. the longer you are going fast, the less time it takes to get down the straight. and you could accel so much harder out of turns even in sharp hairpins leading into other turns. I would think that be an amazing improvement.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by streetracer745
Has anyone ever thought of doing this? Putting a slipper clutch into a EP 1/10 on-road? I know that its not needed to keep from tearing gears up or anything. There are no jumps with on-road cars. And if you do its probably a rally not a full blown on-road. But think of it as like adding a limited-slip diff or traction control into a real car. Imagine how much harder you could get on the throttle out of a turn? Or atleast how much faster you could get onto it. Ease onto it still, just twice as fast. I mean that could really improve your lap times. Especially if your on a track that is a tight turn into a long straight. the longer you are going fast, the less time it takes to get down the straight. and you could accel so much harder out of turns even in sharp hairpins leading into other turns. I would think that be an amazing improvement.
It was considered an unfair advantage back when sedans first started racing. HPI and Schumacher had sedan slippers at that time.

I still feel it was right to ban them. I mean, god forbid people actually learn to control their throttle fingers Learning throttle control is 90% of what separates the good drivers from the bad ones.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

i understand that and all. i mean even with a slipper you could have to control your finger and all. it would just be easier to go faster. and what about parking lot racers who are out just to have fun and go fast? i mean. i personally think that it be a cool touch. not a necesary one at all. ban it from roar for all i care... i just think something like that would be pretty neat
Old 03-12-2008, 06:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Adrian,

well the PRO10 class and 1:12's will be at an unfair advantage. Those diffs can be set just like a slipper.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

is slipper works like a ball diff???/ so what is the benefit??
Old 03-12-2008, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

well from my experience it seems like diffs only really help from spinning tires and spinning out through turns. i didnt think they helped slow the power to the wheels, and if they really did something they must have to be really loose.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

well from my experience it seems like diffs only really help from spinning tires and spinning out through turns. i didnt think they helped slow the power to the wheels, and if they really did something they must have to be really loose.
so it works like torque control...so you will not over power to those tyres...
Old 03-12-2008, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

yes i can see that through turns. but i dont see it in straights. you come out of a turn and just slightly jump your throttle finger while still accelerating and slightly turning and your gonna spin out if your tires are worn or not prepped well enough.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

yes i can see that through turns. but i dont see it in straights. you come out of a turn and just slightly jump your throttle finger while still accelerating and slightly turning and your gonna spin out if your tires are worn or not prepped well enough.
ok thx for your explaination...