Wiki Posts
Search

hey - dont evah buy an AE servo . . .

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 09:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dragnse7en
I said I got a good deal. And I will REPEAT MYSELF AGAIN just for you - I was dissapointed when the AE part broke - they're usually tough.

Next time, try reading the whole posts before you reply. Thanks.

I can't make out half the crap you write anyway so don't bother repeating yourself.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:06 AM
Tech Master

Hi guys

I got an "Associated Electrics"; i.e. radio system that came with an AE standard servo. That thing crapped out on my very 3rd run with this only model.

This is wicked stoopid!!!! I tried to concact AE itself, only to get "our poop doesn't stink" and a link for non-warantee repairs. I am NOT spending what they say - ($30 - 150) repair for just their XP3D system standard servo - NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

The stanard servo broke, grinding gears (steering right) after NO CRASH, on its 3rd run, with a TAMIYA BMW Mini Cooper!!!!!! YAAAY!!!

I think that was the WORST EVER servo that I've ever known! (aside from getting an Airtronics system - hell - full of nothing but total problems). I should go back to Futaba . . . . .

I really like the radio system itself, but everything else IMHO wicked sukks - ESP their servos. Obviously, AE is doing a third-party job with their radio gear, but I sure hope 2 hell that they don't ship out a sweet RC8 with POOR QUALITY servos like the one I got!!!!!!!!

YaaaaaaaY - yeah! Thanks for sticking it to me, Team Associted! To think I usedta race the originial '10T in the mid 90's back in Texas!!!!! RADIOS R NOT THEIR EXP!!!!!

I AM WICKED MMMMMAAAADDD!!!!!!!!!

dont evah buy an AE servo?

buy a dictionary instead in the vain hope your incoherent sentences and under developed spelling may be understood by a wider audience...
Old 03-13-2008, 12:22 AM
Ike
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Am I the only one neurotic enough to have read the whole thread with a Boston accent in my head?

Now who wants to go to a Havahd bah and beat up some smaht kids?!?!
Old 03-13-2008, 12:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hello dragnse7en

AE (or any brand) Standard Servo + RC8 (or any 1/8th buggy) = PROBLEMS.

There are some things that you should not be cheap with and servos are of among those things. Be happy that you only had to repair some $7 gears and not replace your RC8.

No matter how you view the situation, that servo should not have been used for that application. The car is way too heavy and powerful for that servo.

Good luck in the future with that...
Loren
Old 03-13-2008, 05:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

This ones ahlmost as good as thah one whar the guy got Parahgon on his bahls.
I belive it's called a Masshole accent. No offense but I am laughing my ahss off.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:28 PM
Suspended

Well, funny you should say all that.
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey
I can't make out half the crap you write anyway so don't bother repeating yourself.
Greasemonkey - try TO READ THE WHOLE POST - before you even try to make a comment. It makes intelligent conversation. No, trust me - it really does. Try it some time.

I swear that over half the ppl didn't actually read this thread - they just picked and poked.

I AM NOT RUNNING A STANDARD AE SERVO IN MY RC8 - DUH!!! WHY DON'T YOU ALL READ UP!!!!!! AND GET A LIFE!!!!!

I broke the AE servo in my Tamiya Mini Cooper.

K - bottom line. If YOU READ UP, AND SEE THAT THE PROBLEM HAS BEEN RESOLVED, I'D actually appreciate some pos feedback.

Otherwise, I have no problem reporting you to the MOD for abusive posts . . .

PLEASE READ THIS ALL VERY CAREFULLY - ESP IF YOU CAN READ ENGLISH.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'D actually appreciate some pos feedback.
Doesn't pos stand for "piece of shit"? You want some piece of shit feedback?

Ok, here we go; If you raced in the 80's, that would make you at least 30, to 40 years old. Cant think the last time i heard a mid thirtys fella say YAAAAYY!!!!, This is wicked stoopid!!!!, IMHO wicked sukks, something about "evah" and more exclaimation marks i have "evah" seen in a single post.
So when you say "I raced in the 80's with moses" you actually mean late 90's to 2000's with daddy?

Did you replace your spacebar and 2/3rds of your keyboard with the exclaimation mark key or what?

Enough of my fooling, back to constrctive critisism, I know a sure-fire way to solve the problem with your servo on the mini. It's actually quite a commen problem for some i've been told. Instructions are as follows;

1) dissasemble vehicle to bare chassis. Take care to keep appropriate parts with screws together in bags. Clean everthing to ensure an "as-good-as-new" as much as you can.
2) remove dead servo.
3) go to wwwrctech.net.
4) place an add in the For sale section for Tamiya Mini Cooper *no servo*
5) complete sale.
6) enroll in level 1 basic english and grammar course at closest available centre.
7) win.

Great success
It makes intelligent conversation
Funny post, btw.

Last edited by Fierce Animal; 03-16-2008 at 06:17 PM. Reason: n00b