Wiki Posts
Search

Xxx-s Sport Rtr Vs Ta04-r

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2003, 08:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Here you go, these guys stock most Xray Parts and can order them in for you

Click Here

Address: Custom Model Cars, 598 Forest Road Penshurst NSW Australia 2222 Ph: 95794007

Steevo
Old 07-06-2003, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Have to agree with Steevo. Xray products in general are considered the cream of the crop. The T1R is something of a unique bird. Xray really isn't marketing it as a Novice or Sport chassis. They try to make people aware that this is a full blooded Xray race machine wrapped in a less expensive package. From everything I've read, they've succeded. As you are in Australia. be aware that the T1R chassis can suffer some deformation from high heat. You can read these comments in the Xray T1 thread . You're researching this well.........keep asking until you feel comfortable with making a choice but remember......we've all followed fellow racers advice only to find that the car doesn't fit our own driving style.
Old 07-06-2003, 08:35 PM
Tech Regular

so is this right if i buy the T1R and i buy the EVO2 chassis i can put stick and saddle packs onto my T1R. and do guys know how much it would cost to buy this chassis and is it carbon firbre
Old 07-06-2003, 08:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

I too have heard the talk about the chassis tweaking in the heat but to date I have no problem with my chassis tweaking. Xray do warn about leaving it in your car on a hot day but to be honest if you do that then you are asking for trouble anyway.

If you look after your car like most people do you won't be leaving it out in the sun in your car on a hot summers day so like me you should have no worries.

Like evoracer said, you are going about it the right way.
In the end evaluate all you have heard and weigh it up and go with what your head tells you... but if you are leaning towards the Xray I am sure you won't be disappointed

Steevo
Old 07-06-2003, 08:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Matt04
so is this right if i buy the T1R and i buy the EVO2 chassis i can put stick and saddle packs onto my T1R. and do guys know how much it would cost to buy this chassis and is it carbon firbre
The Evo2 chassis will allow various battery configurations. I have not put a stick pack in one only saddle pack or side by side configuration. I would imagine the stick pack could be Taped in.

The Evo2 chassis will cost you about $80.00Australian from overseas.
Don't try and buy it here in OZ as it sells for about $160 Dollars here!!!!
Old 07-06-2003, 08:52 PM
Tech Regular

is the evo 2 chassis the one with all the battery holes in it ?? and are all the evo hop ups compadable with the T1R.. and the only classes i would probly look at in the future is stock. mod is too expencive.i am going into 540 now and would the xray and TA04 be even or would the xray blow it out of the water.and would it same for stock
Old 07-06-2003, 08:53 PM
Tech Regular

i mean TA04R
Old 07-06-2003, 09:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

is the evo 2 chassis the one with all the battery holes in it ?? and are all the evo hop ups compadable with the T1R.. and the only classes i would probly look at in the future is stock. mod is too expencive.i am going into 540 now and would the xray and TA04 be even or would the xray blow it out of the water.and would it same for stock
The New Evo2 chassis has 6 slots each side for batteries.
All the Evo2 standard and option parts will fit the T1R...

I have never run either the T1R or TA04R in Stock 540 class so I can not comment.

Forgive me if I am wrong but I get the Idea that you have only stick packs to work with which is influencing your decision.

If this is the case I thought that I would mention that stick packs can be pulled apart and made into saddle or side by side packs easily..

I just thought I'd mention that just in case

Steevo
Old 07-06-2003, 09:05 PM
Tech Regular

thanks steevo and everyone i now have to make a decision. i think i will just ask around at my track and find out which cars they are running and who is winning.

i never knew that you could convert stick packs into saddle packs . thanks for the tip.
Old 07-06-2003, 09:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

thanks steevo and everyone i now have to make a decision. i think i will just ask around at my track and find out which cars they are running and who is winning.

i never knew that you could convert stick packs into saddle packs . thanks for the tip.
No problem and good luck...Let us know what you end up getting..

Steevo