Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree13Likes

pro3

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2002, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

Hara edition in Japan is not 500 dollars. I found few Japanese store online selling them for 41000+ yen, which is about 351.8 US dollars. Those stores has price posted, they are not selling to the US though, as I have asked but no one replied.

The problem with conversion kit is that the conversion kit for a regular stock pro-3 will be pretty much the same as the Hara edition chassis itself.

HPI should be able to offer Hara edition around the price of HPI pro2 japan edition. Since HPI is a US based company, the US customer should be the one that are getting the goodies~ instead Japan market is always getting the goodies~ So no fair~
Old 08-14-2002, 03:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The Spec0-V was a great kit... I was fortunate enought to get one. Aside from the lack of upper deck on it... the kit is very competive out of the box.

I have both the HB chassis and upperdeck. alone the Chassis is more flexy than the stock chassis. both using both it is very stiff with just the right amount of flex.

The HPI upperdeck is a long time coming... I'm getting mine tommorrow... can't wait!

HPI is a US company.... but everything is made in Japan.
Old 08-14-2002, 04:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Which One?

Hi Guys, having raced with my faithful but old YR-4; I'm looking for a serious racing upgrade. Here's my current shortlist:

Yokomo MR4-TC Worlds Edition
Yokomo MR4-TC Special

Associated RC10 TC3 Team
Associated RC10 TC3 Factory Team

Team Losi XXX-S

Schumacher SST Mission

HPI Pro 3

I would be most grateful if you seasoned racers could advise me as to what to get?
Old 08-14-2002, 06:10 PM
Tech Adept

this is a pro 3 thread so a pro 3 But I would go with the losi.
Old 08-14-2002, 06:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Sabir

I say that you can't go wrong with any of the choices. I seen that you didn't have a TYCO listed below. LOL! Like onaMISSION stated. Those Losi's look like a jem out of the box. HPI's do look good. I choose HPI, but the XXX's may be the better choice. My two cents.
Old 08-15-2002, 03:29 AM
Tech Elite

Sabir, I'll give my opinions...

1. Knock the Yokomo Worlds and the TC3 Team off your list straight away - the worlds is out of date, and the Team just doesn't compare with the Factory Team when it comes to standard spec.

2. The Losi NEEDS the optional short front shocks to get the suspension travel right (extra expense), the full graphite option is also pretty important if you want to get the car any where near the weight limit (a lot of expense). Having seen some setups for the car, people seem to do strange things with the suspension mounting points as well which you can't do with kit parts.

3. The Pro3 is much improved with a top-deck - HPI's own version should be out soon.

Other than that, all the cars have the same potential - it's driving and setup that matters most. Out of the Box, I'd say the FT TC3, Yoke Special and Mission are the best bets - the Pro3 and the XXX-S need a little more money spent to get right.
Old 08-15-2002, 07:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

sabir,

i've run every car on that list except the missio. scratch the yokomo's because they are hard to get parts for now, they are bulky, and they arent as user friendly, have u stripped a spur lately? the associated tc3 is a solid car, always has been, always will be. but for me, when i made adjustments, they werent always noticable or they didint do what i needed them too. the Pro3 is a good car, parts arent too hard to order but most hobby stores dont stock them. that and to have a nice kit, u gotta do a fair amount of $$$ to get there. ie. graphite, oneways, chassis, and topdeck etc. if u can afford that go for it. the losi xxx-s is my favorite of the bunch. it had responded to changes, drives well in any situation and i came up witha random setup last week and put it on a carpet track that had no traction cuz no one had been on it in a while, and i the car drove well and fast. i was pleased with it having not raced onroad in 6 months. parts are easy to get for the xxx-s, adjustments actually affect the car, car is very easy to work on, and there are plenty of tuning options, and even more when PRP is done
Old 08-15-2002, 08:58 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Which One?

Originally posted by sabir
Hi Guys, having raced with my faithful but old YR-4; I'm looking for a serious racing upgrade. Here's my current shortlist:

Yokomo MR4-TC Worlds Edition
Yokomo MR4-TC Special

Associated RC10 TC3 Team
Associated RC10 TC3 Factory Team

Team Losi XXX-S

Schumacher SST Mission

HPI Pro 3

I would be most grateful if you seasoned racers could advise me as to what to get?
Anything but the pro3, the xxxs or mission might be a great choice.
Old 08-15-2002, 10:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

why so glum mr. usagi?
Old 08-15-2002, 10:36 AM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Usagi!!!
Old 08-15-2002, 11:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Thanks Guys BUT.........

I managed to narrow it down to the:

Losi XXX-S: Great car when I raced it but that was fully hopped up, full graphite conversion, one ways, alu CVD's, shorter shocks etc.

Yokomo Special: Stupidly small chassis, my mates can barely fit the reciever but other wise very good value for money for me since its fully hopped up out of the box. P.S. is the Worlds Edition a real 'no no'?

Associated TC3 Factory Team: Brilliant kit similar to the Special but shaft drive. Slightly pricey though.

Schumacher SST Mission S1 or Carbon: Don't know much about this car.

HPI Pro3: I've heard its OK but has too much flex and poor on high grip surfaces, and like the Losi maybe needs a few too many hop ups to get it to the standard of the others. P.S are there any new versions coming up soon to replace it?

PLEASE somebody make a reasoned descision for me since I am aching for a competitive race with a competitive car! Bearing in mind I have a budget of around £250 or $350 for just the kit.

Thanks in advance Sabir
Old 08-15-2002, 11:50 AM
Tech Champion

Have you looked into the new Tamiya 414M2?
This car too is fully loaded and very competative.
The kit sells for around $280.00 hear and the World's Championship Replica is about $450.00 in Japan. WCR edition comes with Protoform Stratus body.. but no wheels or tires.
Old 08-15-2002, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

the pro 3 Spec V is a good kit, if you can still get one. you will still probably need an upper deck though.
Old 08-15-2002, 12:21 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by newracer
the pro 3 Spec V is a good kit, if you can still get one. you will still probably need an upper deck though.
YES..The Spec-V kit is a very good kit...very competative out of the box. The only thing you will need is the upper deck.... I was able to get one.. and handles alot better than my FT TC3.
Old 08-15-2002, 12:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Help

Could the racers currently online respond to my earlier post?
Thanks Sabir

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.