Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree13Likes

pro3

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2002, 08:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Team PRP is currently looking for a few talented drivers to run our products for HPI's Pro 3. If you own a Pro 3 and have a good track record, you may be just the person we are looking for.
If you are interested in a Team PRP sponsorship, please e-mail your "R/C racing resume" to Team PRP and please include the answers to the following questions:

How long have you been racing R/C cars?
What sedan class do you race in? (Expert Mod or Expert Stock)
Where do you race at most? (track name , contact name, address, phone number)
What is your usual finishing position at your "home track"?
Do you race at regionals, nationals(etc.?) Please describe event(s).
What has been your highest place finish at a regional/national event(s)?
Anything else you'd like us to know about yourself and race highlights?

Please send resume to: [email protected]
Old 07-01-2002, 09:09 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

HPI-1: there isn't much to say about Schumacher's site. They have been running the same basic set up since......forever! Wish they would update it. But, Car Action's site does just as much traffic outside of the message board as HPI's site, probably more, yet they manage to keep their message board up and running(w/pictures). I may not know HPI's specific system, but I know their board has crashed more than anyone else's.

You should have came out on Sunday. CIVIC91 threw our motors on the Turbo dyno. That 3 year old ParadoxPro of mine put in better numbers than that brand new P2K2. Thats not good! My FantomMVP produced some great numbers though. I had the Hellfire in the car, so I didn't have a chance to test it.

You going to make it out this Sat.?

Last edited by Darkseid; 07-01-2002 at 09:12 AM.
Old 07-01-2002, 05:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Darkseid
I may not know HPI's specific system, but I know their board has crashed more than anyone else's.
not more than Tech Talk!!!
Old 07-01-2002, 05:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

We are working on a new site at Schumacher.

We have Cross Woven Graphite Chassis and other hop ups for the Pro 3 on sale now (on sale as in discounted). Shoot me an email if you want a good deal in some formerly obscenely expensive stuff.
Old 07-02-2002, 09:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Pro3 Outdrive Cups

What kind of Pro 3 Outdrive cups (inner cvd adapters, whatever you want to call them) are available? The stock composite plastic pieces break easily and I have customers that want aluminium upgrades or some kind of upgrade. Who makes some that are available here in the USA? thanks...
Old 07-02-2002, 09:42 AM
Tech Elite

I've answered in the neagtive on the HPI forum - but it occurs to me now that there must be a real market for some outdrive sleeves if someone was to make them.

I haven't broken an outdrive for an age, and I know they would be slower, but i reckon a lot of people would appreciate the peace of mind.

They should probably be steel or titanium rather than aluminium though.
Old 07-02-2002, 02:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

True, should be steel or Ti-...I had problems with my RC Lab outdrives, they are aluminium and the CVD was steel. The only way to make them last was to dremel the outdrive to accept an Xray dogbone blade piece.
Old 07-02-2002, 02:52 PM
Tech Champion

Have you tried the IRS pin cushions for the MIP CVD's. even though they are made for the TC3.. I don't see it won't fit other MIP CVD dogbones.
Old 07-02-2002, 02:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

I don't have that problem anymore because I race Schumacher Missions now. I couldn't be happier, everything about the car "works" and there are no "small details" that were overlooked or things you find out later. It's simply a great platform to race with. You need very few things to be completely competitive out of the box.

Anyway, I won't go on because this is a Pro3 forum...still looking for any kind of reasonable outdrive upgrade but aren't expecting to find anything. The IRS upgrade would likely work just fine if we could find an aluminium outdrive for the Pro3.
Old 07-03-2002, 07:21 AM
Regional Moderator

newracer: sorry forgot about techtalk!
Old 07-04-2002, 12:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

anyone have any good parkinglot and Ozite carpet setups?
thanks
Old 07-04-2002, 01:50 AM
Tech Master

Hi,

I have never heard a good thing about HPI pro3, so it never sparked me any interested to put any money into buying one.

However, I recently saw the HPI pro3 Hara edition car. That car caught my eye and made a brand new impression to me.

I have heard that most Pro3 owners have pretty much hop up their car to the standard of the soon to be released Hara edition. I just wonder how good the car gets once you hop-up to the hara edition-type. Is it more senstive to adjustment? Stronger? Stiff?

Also, is there any easy borken part on the Pro3?

Any input will be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 07-04-2002, 04:58 AM
Tech Elite

So a car you thought was rubbish becomes good as soon as it gets dressed up in purple aluminium and carbon fibre?

No wonder the aftermarket parts manufacturers are still in business.

In my opinion, you can get virtually all the performance benefits of a Hara spec car out of a standard pro3 just by buying a top-deck, and the 3 or 4 degree caster blocks if you are on a tight track.

Fragile parts are basically the outdrives, which are prone to stripping if you take too many hard hits, or if you set up your suspension with too much travel.
Old 07-04-2002, 08:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

shrekair-
for a medium traction, medium sized carpet track ive been running the following:
front:
4 deg. hubs / 0 deg mounts
2 deg toe
assoc. red springs/ 75wt oil
#3 pistons w/int spacer
kit settings for camber links w/ no spacers on 4 degree hubs
1.5 deg camber
5mm ride height
stock wheel base position
shocks mounted in the outer most hole on bottom and
2nd hole in on top
jaco double purples 28mm

rear:
2 deg toe in block
assoc. blue springs/ 50 wt oil
#3 pistons w/ int spacer
kit settings on camber links
1.5 deg camber
5mm ride height
one spacer in front of rear hubs for wheel base
stock shock settings
jaco purples 24mm

i am aslo running an hb top deck and castor braces, and no one ways, hope this helps its been working pretty well for me
Old 07-04-2002, 01:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by sosidge
So a car you thought was rubbish becomes good as soon as it gets dressed up in purple aluminium and carbon fibre?

No wonder the aftermarket parts manufacturers are still in business.

In my opinion, you can get virtually all the performance benefits of a Hara spec car out of a standard pro3 just by buying a top-deck, and the 3 or 4 degree caster blocks if you are on a tight track.

Fragile parts are basically the outdrives, which are prone to stripping if you take too many hard hits, or if you set up your suspension with too much travel.
Well, I never thought the car was rubbish. I do research before I buy stuff, and most of the responses that I got from Pro3 owners are the car is not that competitive right out of the box and is not well built.

In my opinion if a manufacturer want to make a car that is supposely competitive should've put together all the parts that will make the car competitive. If HPI market the Hara spec pro3 as a regular Pro3 at very beginning I think there will be no complains about the car.

And Yes, I admit that Carbon fiber and purple parts just make the car looks ten times better!. Hey people do base their first impression on looks~

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.